Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags take Josh Allen in the 1st

(04-25-2019, 09:45 PM)Dimson Wrote: I am beyond stoked. No way I thought we had a chance to get Allen. This pick was a no brainer. Definitely the best guy left on the board!
Couldn't agree more. Epic.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2019, 11:38 PM by surfon.)

The afc south qbs just shivered in the pines. I am beyond ecstatic! Love love love this pick. Ngoukwe Campbell dareous Allen equals doom on third down and long. At least for this year. Wow thx draft gods. Never would have thought it.

I was good with hockenson Oliver but most of all Allen after the new York guidos took Jones. We couldn't miss.

Now get Taylor. Yea boy.

Jawan Taylor in the 2nd?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

I would pass on Taylor in RD2. Should lean towards WR or TE tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-26-2019, 12:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I would pass on Taylor in RD2. Should lean towards WR or TE tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's what I'm hoping. Get Nick some weapons. Please A.J. Brown or Butler... Or Metcalf
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Is anyone else as excited for week two as I am?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm good with it...though I wanted a TE, but I understand that Josh Allen was too good to pass up.

(04-26-2019, 12:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Is anyone else as excited for week two as I am?

week 2 or day two?

cos i am drunk and excited for both.

day 2, we have an incredible plethora of offensive talent to help us out. pretty sure we could go OL (Ford or Risner) and then TE 3rd round (Knox or Strernberger) and this team is set.... 

but if you're talking week 2 against the tacks helllllll yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we gonna destroy that oline... tytus howard is years away from being ready. also titans take someone who aint gonna contribute this year, colts trade out the first......... our team got better, their teams didn't..... 

i feel alot better about our chances this year.

(04-26-2019, 12:43 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Is anyone else as excited for week two as I am?

week 2 or day two?

day 2, we have an incredible plethora of offensive talent to help us out. pretty sure we could go OL (Ford or Risner) and then TE 3rd round (Knox or Strernberger) and this team is set.... 

but if you're talking week 2 against the tacks helllllll yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we gonna destroy that oline... tytus howard is years away from being ready. also titans take someone who aint gonna contribute this year, colts trade out the first......... our team got better, their teams didn't..... 

I was specifically referring to week 2 against the Texans, who, I believe, reached for Howard.  I think he is raw, and the adjustment to the level of competition will be considerable, although if he can survive the practices against Watt, Clowney and Mercilus with his confidence intact, he may acclimate more quickly.

But now that you mention day 2, I am excited about that, too.  Lots of good players at positions of need for us.  At RT, Risner, Ford, Taylor and Little are still on the board, and the teams on the clock ahead of us-with the exception of Arizona and maybe Seattle don't have any real need for a tackle.  If we decide to go for a playmaker for Foles, A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf are still on the board at WR as is TE Irv Smith.  Now looking at the teams on the board, WR could be tougher sledding.  Arizona, Indy, SF and Seattle could all use WRs.  If Smith is the target, none of those teams look like they need TE.

My inclination at this point would be to go for the T at 38, as this is a deep draft for big WRs and TEs.

(04-26-2019, 12:55 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:43 AM)JagJohn Wrote: week 2 or day two?

I was specifically referring to week 2 against the Texans, who, I believe, reached for Howard.  I think he is raw, and the adjustment to the level of competition will be considerable, although if he can survive the practices against Watt, Clowney and Mercilus with his confidence intact, he may acclimate more quickly.

But now that you mention day 2, I am excited about that, too.  Lots of good players at positions of need for us.  At RT, Risner, Ford, Taylor and Little are still on the board, and the teams on the clock ahead of us-with the exception of Arizona and maybe Seattle don't have any real need for a tackle.  If we decide to go for a playmaker for Foles, A.J. Brown and D.K. Metcalf are still on the board at WR as is TE Irv Smith.  Now looking at the teams on the board, WR could be tougher sledding.  Arizona, Indy, SF and Seattle could all use WRs.  If Smith is the target, none of those teams look like they need TE.

My inclination at this point would be to go for the T at 38, as this is a deep draft for big WRs and TEs.

yup ooops i meant tinhorns not tacks!

and i agree right now i'm tending towards tackle, Risner especially i love in round 2, but i wouldn't be gutted either way

i can't wait to see our d-line in action next year!

Watching his highlights he really targets the ball like yannick. 5 FF in 2018 (13games)

(04-26-2019, 01:15 AM)SnowJaguar Wrote: Watching his highlights he really targets the ball like yannick. 5 FF in 2018 (13games)

Between Ngakoue and Campbell, I think Allen can learn a ton.

RIP Duane Smoot's career. Can one mourn the loss of something that never was?

(04-25-2019, 09:17 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: So what's the starting D line on 1st and 2nd down? Move in Calais permanently?

I'd guess a rotation of players to keep everyone fresh. The Jags have something of an embarrassment of riches along the DL right now with three starting-caliber tackles and three starting-caliber ends, and two of those guys can play either position. I think we'll see that depth used to keep fresh rushers coming at the QB all day.

(04-25-2019, 10:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: My only fear is that he's good enough to tempt the Jaguars to let Ngakoue walk.

I doubt it. This was a true BAP pick, and (hopefully?) a commitment to keeping the pass rush coming from all angles at all times.

(04-25-2019, 10:47 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: blessing to get him after a down year for Ngakoue and losing Fowler. Taven Bryan just wasn't going to fit the bill.

Taven Bryan barely played while he got up to NFL speed as a rookie. Also, he's not an edge rusher, and he wasn't going to start at end this year anyway.

(04-25-2019, 10:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 10:37 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Dom Capers will drop him in coverage a little for deception and make him the next TBrack.

I think so too, he will be used like we should of used Fowler.  He is like Fowler was though, a 3-4 OLB we are converting to a 4-3 DE, hopefully we do it right this time

Not necessarily. Coughlin was saying he can play LB, and listen to what Josh Allen said to PFF going into the draft...

Quote:I want the NFL to see I’m not just a pass rusher; I’m an overall outside linebacker; I’m an overall linebacker as well in general. I can set the edge as well, I can pass rush as well, I can drop in coverage as well. So it’s like, I’m not a one trick pony. I can do multiple things at a position that is real limited in the NFL.

This practically describes the OTTO position according to Todd Wash when he first became DC. 
'02

I like the pick, it makes sense and was the BPA, but the longer they wait to pay Ngakoue, the more it's going to cost and the cost is already high... Lawrence and Clark just set the bottom, top dollar of the market for pass rushers..

Then you add onto the fact that they'll have to pay Ramsey as well in the following year...

And that's not even bringing up giving Myles Jack a new contract...

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose 2 of those 3 and it'll all be because of them wasting money on Foles.

Good teams make it a priority of keeping their home grown talent and so far it doesn't look like we're trying to do that.

(04-26-2019, 02:17 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 10:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think so too, he will be used like we should of used Fowler.  He is like Fowler was though, a 3-4 OLB we are converting to a 4-3 DE, hopefully we do it right this time

Not necessarily. Coughlin was saying he can play LB, and listen to what Josh Allen said to PFF going into the draft...

Quote:I want the NFL to see I’m not just a pass rusher; I’m an overall outside linebacker; I’m an overall linebacker as well in general. I can set the edge as well, I can pass rush as well, I can drop in coverage as well. So it’s like, I’m not a one trick pony. I can do multiple things at a position that is real limited in the NFL.

This practically describes the OTTO position according to Todd Wash when he first became DC. 

If he doesn't get reps at sam in base during preseason fire the whole defensive staff.

Bosa vs Allen...

.jpg   BosaVsAllen.jpg (Size: 219.67 KB / Downloads: 24)
'02

We got arguably the 2nd best pass rusher in the draft. What’s not to like?

#Sacksonville is officially back. Can’t wait for week 1.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 05:04 AM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

Allen is a great pick!

Rd 2 now should be Offense, I think one of Risner or Ford will be the pick. They represent BPA for offensive players. I dont value the WR position very highly and I dont think its a need for our team, plus there are plenty of WRs still left and I could see some of the better rated ones drop into the third round. Early second also seems like a reach for the TEs left on the board, so Im sure we go Oline.