Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Steal of the draft!

I believe the Jags got the steal of the draft in round 1 in snagging Josh Allen, DE, Kentucky. Your thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You could make an argument for us, BUF, or WAS

(04-26-2019, 01:00 AM)JNev Wrote: You could make an argument for us, BUF, or WAS

Washington potentially got two huge steals with Haskins and Sweat.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Yeah Washington take the first place, but getting an unquestionably elite pass rusher at 7... Yeah that's a steal too.

I saw an article about the 5 best value picks in round 1, and Josh Allen was one of them. Pretty amazing when the 7th overall pick is considered one of the 5 best value picks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...alue-picks

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 06:50 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Us and Buf for round 1

I would say Wash but they had to trade up for Sweat

No "steals"yet though. They will come in round 2 and 3, whoever gets Taylor, Ford, Risner, Metcalf,lock, Brown, and Grier will be steals

(04-26-2019, 06:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I saw an article about the 5 best value picks in round 1, and Josh Allen was one of them.  Pretty amazing when the 7th overall pick is considered one of the 5 best value picks.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...alue-picks

Not sure how she calculated this but this stuck out to me...

Quote:Want one more thing? I added all the Round 1 picks to their respective teams tonight. Can you guess the likelihood of Allen having seven or more sacks as a Jag? 63.5 percent! Sidebar: This is also good news for Calais Campbell's sack projection.

I agree regarding the Jaguars ( Josh Allen ) and Redskins ( Montez Sweat ).

Though not to the same degree, the Eagles got a steal with Andre Dillard with pick # 22. This is even factoring in the trade compensation they gave to the Ravens to move up from pick # 25. Dillard is arguably the best LT prospect in the draft. I'm pleasantly surprised the Vikings didn't draft Dillard at # 18 and move Riley Reiff inside to Guard.

(04-26-2019, 12:58 PM)D6 Wrote: I agree regarding the Jaguars ( Josh Allen ) and Redskins ( Montez Sweat ).

Though not to the same degree, the Eagles got a steal with Andre Dillard with pick # 22. This is even factoring in the trade compensation they gave to the Ravens to move up from pick # 25.  Dillard is arguably the best LT prospect in the draft. I'm pleasantly surprised the Vikings didn't draft Dillard at # 18 and move Riley Reiff inside to Guard.

Conversely, I didn't like what the Giants did at all.  I think Jones went way too high, and given the quality of the edge rushers and the depth at NT, I think the Giants-who don't really have the edge rusher- would have been better served with Sweat than Lawrence.

(04-26-2019, 01:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 12:58 PM)D6 Wrote: I agree regarding the Jaguars ( Josh Allen ) and Redskins ( Montez Sweat ).

Though not to the same degree, the Eagles got a steal with Andre Dillard with pick # 22. This is even factoring in the trade compensation they gave to the Ravens to move up from pick # 25.  Dillard is arguably the best LT prospect in the draft. I'm pleasantly surprised the Vikings didn't draft Dillard at # 18 and move Riley Reiff inside to Guard.

Conversely, I didn't like what the Giants did at all.  I think Jones went way too high, and given the quality of the edge rushers and the depth at NT, I think the Giants-who don't really have the edge rusher- would have been better served with Sweat than Lawrence.

Agreed, Bullseye.

I thought the Giants would draft either Josh Allen or Dwayne Haskins after the first 5 picks occurred. The Daniel Jones pick was surprising to say the least at that spot of the draft, even with him having some similarities to Eli Manning.

Though I'm grateful the Lions were able to get Damon 'Snacks' Harrison for only a 5th Round pick,  in essence Dave Gettleman drafted a similar player with pick # 17.  Like you mentioned, edge rusher is a major need for the Giants.