Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Case For Greg Little at 38

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 01:07 PM by Bullseye.)

One of the  most interesting developments during this whole pre-draft period is the virtual silence when it comes to Little.  For whatever reason, he is a guy that hasn't generated much buzz.  Some believe he has never put it all together.  But as I think about it, there are several reasons Little should be the choice for us if he is still on the board.

First, the value fits.  At a base level, the consensus is that he carries a mid second round grade.  While he didn't have as high a grade in the pre draft discussions as Taylor or Ford, if any team took him around the early to mid 2nd round, it wouldn't be a reach there.

Secondly, he fits a need.  Without question, we have a gaping hole at RT.  With his size and length, you could easily plug him in at RT and the hole is filled.  However, when you consider he has the bulk to play RT, but is better equipped because of his feet  than any of the other T prospects to play LT, his value is enhanced.  All things being equal, you'd want a guy who plays a premium position (LT) over a guy who doesn't (RT).  While many of the guys on the board offer versatility, none other than him could reasonably be expected to plug in when needed at LT and play at an acceptable level.  Little played LT in the SEC and went against guys like Allen, Sweat, and Polite.  At minimum, he could hold up in a pinch there.  But I like the security that comes with a guy who could potentially upgrade LT should Cam Robinson falter for one reason or another.  He would give the team quality depth at the position on the OL that matters the most.

Third, because he plays LT, even though he is perceived to have  a second round grade, his position puts him in higher demand.  At least two AFC competitors-the Texans and Browns-have holes at LT.  He has the physical ability and pedigree to adequately fill those positions for those teams and make them more viable playoff contenders.  If it comes down to the three of us battling for the playoffs and seeding, I'd rather the Jaguars have two guys who could offer quality snaps at LT than either of those teams to have one guy who could.

At the end of the day, his base value, enhanced by his ability to play LT, the Jaguars would be wise to consider making him the choice at 38.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

God no, I used to like Lttle until I started watching him more. Go watch more games of his and Vooch Lombardis break down and you wouldn't think about taking him at 38 anymore with the players still on the board. The potential is there but he needs a ton of work

He is the Dillard lite to me.

He will be good in pass protection but just doesnt have that knock you on your rear power or mean streak.

Well stated, Bullseye.

The question that jumps out is do the Jaguars need to trade up to secure Greg Little's rights? Especially, since LT is a premium position in the NFL.

The Browns immediately come to mind as a team that could try to make an aggressive move for Greg Little. Greg Robinson is one bad game away from becoming a liability again, as he has a history of letting struggles compound.

I want Ford

(04-26-2019, 01:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I want Ford

Risner may be the better prospect. But I would be happy with either.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Risner should be the pick if he is available.

Little would be fine with a third rounder if he's still there. He won't be close to my BAP at 38.

(04-26-2019, 01:36 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 01:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I want Ford

Risner may be the better prospect. But I would be happy with either.

Risner is the guy I want too.

(04-26-2019, 04:26 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(04-26-2019, 01:36 PM)knarnn Wrote: Risner may be the better prospect. But I would be happy with either.

Risner is the guy I want too.

I think him or Ford will be the first pick of round 2.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I was scared off of Little after the Combine. He looked out of shape and appeared completely gassed. He had one of the worst mirroring drills I have ever seen. He looked like he had cement shoes on. If he performed like that in games, defenders would use him like a speed bump.

(04-26-2019, 02:09 PM)Upper Wrote: Little would be fine with a third rounder if he's still there. He won't be close to my BAP at 38.

FWIW, Carolina took him two picks after we took Taylor.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!