Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Avengers End Game discussion after you see it to avoid spoilers!

So I will say that much of Endgame is entirely lost on you if you're not up on the comics, like Sam being the new Cap, and Hawkeye adopting the Ronin persona. The movies do these things differently, but those are comic shout-outs.

Loved the movie. Thought it was perfect. Very much enjoyed the exploration of how each character dealt with grief and PTSD. A fantastic sendoff. Looks like Far From Home is the new jumping off point for the next phase of the MCU.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Saw it this weekend. I thought it was a really well done film with some good story arcs and it pretty much was what I expected it to be. My thoughts on it:

Quibbles
  • Sad Cap was just sad and that was sad. I mean, we all get it right?! Steve Rogers is super sad that he doesn't have his girl and he uses that to be sad. To be fair, I am biased on this because I think that Captain America is just a boring character but for some reason a lot of his story arc just got under my skin.
  • The ending was drawn out too long. In their defense, there was a lot of story to wrap up. But come on! Get this done a'ready! I need to pee.
  • Professor Hulk. Oh come onnnnn!
  • The New Gauntlet. Just the fact that thing even existed was a major development in past movies. It ate a Neutron Star, allows Thanos to knuckle punch Thor in the brain with only one or two stones and sent Space Tyrion into yet another downward spiral about his hands. Then! Tony goes and builds one just like it in a weekend. I get that Stark is a super genius and all, but the fact that a new one just pops up and everyone in the film is like "Meh. No big deal. It's a gauntlet. Let's go get tacos." just baffles me. At least address it a little. Maybe a bit of foreshadowing?
Sparkly heart things
  • Hawkeye's story arc. I really like that they realized they have Jeremy f###in' Renner on their cast and let him develop a little. Kudos to his story and what they did with it.
  • Fat Thor being fat because he couldn't handle his failure of not being who he thought he was supposed to be. Great scene with him and his mother. Helmsworth came a long, long way through these movies.
  • Cap getting Mjolnir. Bravo! And who here believes that Cap really could have picked it up in AoU? I don't buy it.
  • The fact that Mjolnir is still out there, just waiting for another story.
  • Tony getting to talk to his Father. A good scene.  

I'm sure I'll have more to write later.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(05-07-2019, 12:07 PM)Deacon Wrote: Saw it this weekend. I thought it was a really well done film with some good story arcs and it pretty much was what I expected it to be. My thoughts on it:

Quibbles
  • Sad Cap was just sad and that was sad. I mean, we all get it right?! Steve Rogers is super sad that he doesn't have his girl and he uses that to be sad. To be fair, I am biased on this because I think that Captain America is just a boring character but for some reason a lot of his story arc just got under my skin.
  • The ending was drawn out too long. In their defense, there was a lot of story to wrap up. But come on! Get this done a'ready! I need to pee.
  • The New Gauntlet. Just the fact that thing even existed was a major development in past movies. It ate a Neutron Star, allows Thanos to knuckle punch Thor in the brain with only one or two stones and sent Space Tyrion into yet another downward spiral about his hands. Then! Tony goes and builds one just like it in a weekend. I get that Stark is a super genius and all, but the fact that a new one just pops up and everyone in the film is like "Meh. No big deal. It's a gauntlet. Let's go get tacos." just baffles me. At least address it a little. Maybe a bit of foreshadowing?
Sparkly heart things
  • Hawkeye's story arc. I really like that they realized they have Jeremy f###in' Renner on their cast and let him develop a little. Kudos to his story and what they did with it.
Totally with you here. A lot of folks don't care for Renner or Hawkeye and see him as a waste of time. I disagree. No, he doesn't have a superpower but neither does Tony Stark, he just happens to have a boatload of money and intelligence to build his IM suits.
  • Fat Thor being fat because he couldn't handle his failure of not being who he thought he was supposed to be. Great scene with him and his mother. Helmsworth came a long, long way through these movies.
A great deal of people seemed to miss this point entirely. He even said in the film that he wants to be who he's meant to be, not who he was expected to be (paraphrase). Also, he didn't "go for the head in Infinity War thus allowing the Snap and the death of half of life in earth. I don't care who you are, that's going to jack you up. 
  • Cap getting Mjolnir. Bravo! And who here believes that Cap really could have picked it up in AoU? I don't buy it.
I read somewhere recently that Cap could pick it up but he didn't want to hurt Thor's feelings because they're friends. I think it was a Chris Evans interview. When he wielded The hammer in Endgame I was cheering for him. Cap is my favorite character.
  • The fact that Mjolnir is still out there, just waiting for another story.
  • Tony getting to talk to his Father. A good scene.  
Agreed on both. 

My thoughts above. I hope to go see it again Thursday. I was so distracted by the drunk idiot next to me during the first viewing I missed a lot.

(05-07-2019, 12:07 PM)Deacon Wrote: Saw it this weekend. I thought it was a really well done film with some good story arcs and it pretty much was what I expected it to be. My thoughts on it:

Quibbles
Sparkly heart things

Well, it's later now. The whole Professor Hulk thing bothers me because it changes the entire nature of the character. This current "form" takes away the Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde aspect of Hulk which was a big part of the charm. How mad can Banner get before Hulk comes out and starts smashing things? That part is gone now and I feel like I lost a character.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(05-09-2019, 01:35 PM)Deacon Wrote:

Quibbles
Sparkly heart things

Well, it's later now. The whole Professor Hulk thing bothers me because it changes the entire nature of the character. This current "form" takes away the Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde aspect of Hulk which was a big part of the charm. How mad can Banner get before Hulk comes out and starts smashing things? That part is gone now and I feel like I lost a character.
I very much agree with this. Hulk was an outstanding character when he was just the smash and grab guy. Now? Meh.

My favorite line in the whole movie was from Falcon saying "Cap.... On your right." The look on Caps face when he hears that is absolutely priceless. 

What a ride!

(05-09-2019, 01:35 PM)Deacon Wrote:

Quibbles
Sparkly heart things

I actually very much enjoyed professor Hulk.  The duality of Banner is always a theme for the Hulk, but combining the two personas into one is something he does in the comics.  Also, he's the only Avenger who actually dealt with his grief and loss in a healthy way.  Cap suppressed it by helping others, Widow was a workaholic, IM went full avoidance, Hawkeye's a murderer, and Thor became an alcoholic.

(05-09-2019, 03:22 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 01:35 PM)Deacon Wrote: Well, it's later now. The whole Professor Hulk thing bothers me because it changes the entire nature of the character. This current "form" takes away the Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde aspect of Hulk which was a big part of the charm. How mad can Banner get before Hulk comes out and starts smashing things? That part is gone now and I feel like I lost a character.

I actually very much enjoyed professor Hulk.  The duality of Banner is always a theme for the Hulk, but combining the two personas into one is something he does in the comics.  Also, he's the only Avenger who actually dealt with his grief and loss in a healthy way.  Cap suppressed it by helping others, Widow was a workaholic, IM went full avoidance, Hawkeye's a murderer, and Thor became an alcoholic.

I get that they were showing how different characters deal with grief and loss, but I just don't like that the duality of Hulk is now gone. But, oh well. Life ain't perfect.

(04-28-2019, 09:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just went and saw it today. Thank god we bought our tickets online and arrived early, because the theater was sold out for all the showings. Although I hated to see the demise of Tony Stark, I completely understood it. He started out as a selfish, lone wolf when he got his powers and in the end, he sacrificed everything to save the universe. People in the theater were crying their eyes out. I had prepared myself for Tony to probably die, but the funeral part where Happy asked Tony's little girl what she wanted to eat and she said cheeseburgers and he told he that Tony liked cheeseburgers too and he told her  he would buy her all the cheeseburgers she wanted, really got to me. I don't know why, but it did. My 12 year old nephew was furious they killed his favorite character. He said he is done with Marvel movies, but I know he's just upset and he'll watch the next one. I was shocked they killed off Black Widow. Marvel is really taking a gamble. Personally, I was really looking forward to the Black Widow movie, but now that I know her ultimate fate, I really don't care. They dropped the ball on this one. They should've made the film before they killed her off.

While I'm at it, can someone explain to me how Gammorah came back from the dead after being sacrificed for the soul stone, but Natasha remained dead? Both were sacrificed for the soul stone. Shouldn't both stay dead? Do the sacrificed souls rise from the dead once a new soul is sacrificed? If that is the case, could Natasha rise from the dead if someone else is sacrificed for the soul stone?

Since Natasha died to get the soul stone, maybe the Red Skull guy returns her to life after Cap returns the stone. An excuse for a return in a future movie?

And the real problem with dead returning is with Thanos. He died after time traveling to the future, which took place before he got the stones in Infinity War. Shouldn't that have just erased everything he did, since he could never return to the past to collect the stones once he was dead?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I thought the movie didnt live up to the hype. It kinda of sucked.