Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Democrat Rep Admits He Just Wants to Stop Trump

(04-29-2019, 07:22 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 06:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yes.  And it was equally childish ten years ago.

There's a huge difference between opposing a policy vs. opposing a person. but you keep right on believing the Left Wing spin factory that claims they are the same.

Agreed! 
What started in 2010 was simple opposition to Obama the person, regardless of policy. It continues now with the roles reversed.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-29-2019, 07:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 07:22 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: There's a huge difference between opposing a policy vs. opposing a person. but you keep right on believing the Left Wing spin factory that claims they are the same.

Agreed! 
What started in 2010 was simple opposition to Obama the person, regardless of policy. It continues now with the roles reversed.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4575690]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-29-2019, 07:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 07:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: Agreed! 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4575690]

Prove it.
I showed an actual quote and gave a date that it was said.
Whaddaya you got?

(04-29-2019, 05:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 04:45 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Regardless of who said it and when, these folks aren't doing their JOB and that should be a concern to everyone. Since when did it become okay to become an elected official for the sole purpose of ousting the POTUS?

Great question!
We can give an exact date. October 23rd 2010.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sen-mitch-m...ing-to-do/

McConnell didn't run for and win his seat for the sole purpose of taking down Obama. 

Read the sentence you highlighted again and come back with a more fitting example.

(04-29-2019, 08:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 05:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: Great question!
We can give an exact date. October 23rd 2010.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sen-mitch-m...ing-to-do/

McConnell didn't run for and win his seat for the sole purpose of taking down Obama. 

Read the sentence you highlighted again and come back with a more fitting example.

Exactly wrong. He was running for a new position.
he was a senate minority leader and he was trying to become Senate majority leader. perhaps you should study the date of the quote, and review the US code regarding when elections take place, along with a timeline of titles that Mitch McConnell has held over the years and come back with your findings.

(04-29-2019, 08:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 07:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4575690]

Prove it.
Whaddaya you got?

As I suspected, you are taking the Left Wing spin on that statement. Did you even read the article you posted, or did you just copy it from Occupy Democrats? That quote didn't say at all what you claim it said. McConnell said he was willing to work with Obama if he "does a Clintonian backflip," meaning he would be willing to compromise with Obama like Gingrich did with Clinton. Even the first part of McConnell's statement is about cooperating. Agreeing to compromise is 100% different from opposing Trump no matter what.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-29-2019, 07:22 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 06:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: Yes.  And it was equally childish ten years ago.

There's a huge difference between opposing a policy vs. opposing a person. but you keep right on believing the Left Wing spin factory that claims they are the same.

(04-29-2019, 07:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: A lot of people just want to stop Trump. What's the big deal? If you disagree with someone or something, you try to stop it/them.

Sure, if you disagree with a policy then don't vote for it. But this is a case of the Dems refusing to vote for policies they favor just to avoid giving Trump a successful bill.

How is this any different than the Republicans refusing to vote on a Supreme Court nominee before Obama's term was up? Answer, there is no difference. It's politics. You screw us, we screw you. Both sides do it.

(04-29-2019, 08:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 07:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4575690]

Prove it.
Whaddaya you got?

"The evil is in the White House at the present time. And that evil is a man who has no care and no concern for the working class of America and the future generations of America, and who likes to ride a horse. He's cold. He's mean. He's got ice water for blood." - July 1984

Any idea who?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-29-2019, 09:30 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 08:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: Prove it.
Whaddaya you got?

As I suspected, you are taking the Left Wing spin on that statement. Did you even read the article you posted, or did you just copy it from Occupy Democrats? That quote didn't say at all what you claim it said. McConnell said he was willing to work with Obama if he "does a Clintonian backflip," meaning he would be willing to compromise with Obama like Gingrich did with Clinton. Even the first part of McConnell's statement is about cooperating. Agreeing to compromise is 100% different from opposing Trump no matter what.

and I'm sure if you took that same forgiving attitude with the recent quote from the Democrat that started this conversation, you would also find some context and some excuses.

(04-29-2019, 09:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 08:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: Prove it.
Whaddaya you got?

"The evil is in the White House at the present time. And that evil is a man who has no care and no concern for the working class of America and the future generations of America, and who likes to ride a horse. He's cold. He's mean. He's got ice water for blood." - July 1984

Any idea who?

I was born during Reagan's first term but I had to look that one up of course.
Tip O'Neill could dish out an insult. But he didn't say "I won't work with him" and he didn't say, "everything Congress does is less important than winning the next presidential election." Tip was known for trying to do his job.  He and Reagan were also know to be friendly when the cameras were off.

(04-29-2019, 10:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 09:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "The evil is in the White House at the present time. And that evil is a man who has no care and no concern for the working class of America and the future generations of America, and who likes to ride a horse. He's cold. He's mean. He's got ice water for blood." - July 1984

Any idea who?

I was born during Reagan's first term but I had to look that one up of course.
Tip O'Neill could dish out an insult. But he didn't say "I won't work with him" and he didn't say, "everything Congress does is less important than winning the next presidential election." Tip was known for trying to do his job.  He and Reagan were also know to be friendly when the cameras were off.

You have the revisionist perspective, I'll grant you that. But you don't fool those of us who lived through it.

(04-29-2019, 09:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 08:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: McConnell didn't run for and win his seat for the sole purpose of taking down Obama. 

Exactly wrong. He was running for a new position.
he was a senate minority leader and he was trying to become Senate majority leader. perhaps you should study the date of the quote, and review the US code regarding when elections take place, along with a timeline of titles that Mitch McConnell has held over the years and come back with your findings.

And again read what I wrote. God you are thick in the head. I'll speak a little louder so you can understand.

MCCONNELL DID NOT RUN FOR AND WIN HIS SEAT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF TAKING DOWN OBAMA.

Read your own article and you'll see what I mean.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2019, 08:19 AM by mikesez.)

(04-29-2019, 11:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 09:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: Exactly wrong. He was running for a new position.

And again read what I wrote. God you are thick in the head. I'll speak a little louder so you can understand.

MCCONNELL DID NOT RUN FOR AND WIN HIS SEAT FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF TAKING DOWN OBAMA.

McConnell said taking down Obama was his #1 goal or priority.
I admit, he had other priorities.  Taking down Obama wasn't his "sole purpose" or priorty.
But taking down Trump isn't this Democrat's only goal or priority either.

(04-30-2019, 08:12 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 11:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: And again read what I wrote. God you are thick in the head. I'll speak a little louder so you can understand.

McConnell said taking down Obama was his #1 goal or priority.
I admit, he had other priorities.  Taking down Obama wasn't his "sole purpose" or priorty.

He specifically called it his "sole focus." Sole Focus. That means he is not just putting it first, he is willing to ignore working on any other legislation in favor of an investigation with impeachment as the goal in order to bring down Trump.

If you can't see the difference here from McConnell's statement ... well you clearly can't. You are just spouting Left Wing talking points. McConnell's statement was about policy, not about Obama personally. Obama personified the policy, and McConnell specifically said that if Obama was willing to cooperate, his (McConnell's) focus would change. The hatred of Trump is all about Trump, not about policy.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2019, 08:24 PM by mikesez.)

(04-30-2019, 08:39 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 08:12 AM)mikesez Wrote: McConnell said taking down Obama was his #1 goal or priority.

He specifically called it his "sole focus." Sole Focus. That means he is not just putting it first, he is willing to ignore working on any other legislation in favor of an investigation with impeachment as the goal in order to bring down Trump.

If you can't see the difference here from McConnell's statement ... well you clearly can't. You are just spouting Left Wing talking points. McConnell's statement was about policy, not about Obama personally. Obama personified the policy, and McConnell specifically said that if Obama was willing to cooperate, his (McConnell's) focus would change. The hatred of Trump is all about Trump, not about policy.

I admit that I did not notice the word "sole" was actually in the original until about 10 hours after I posted the rest of this. I don't know why I missed it, I read the word in the article but it didn't lodge in my mind. When other commenters here used the word I thought that that was their interpretation.
It's unlikely that he meant that literally. There must be more than one thing he would like to do with the power and position that he enjoys today.  None the less, that is what he said it even if he misspoke. The rest of this post is original...

It's ridiculous to claim that Obama personified his policies but Trump does not.  Either they both do, if you're the kind of person who sees politics as personal, or neither does, if you're the kind of person who sees politics as abstract.
I hope once 45 is out of office for whatever reason you might take a deep breath and remove the blinders.  You should feel relief.  Lying to yourself this much is tiring.  I've been there.

(04-30-2019, 09:23 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 08:39 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: He specifically called it his "sole focus." Sole Focus. That means he is not just putting it first, he is willing to ignore working on any other legislation in favor of an investigation with impeachment as the goal in order to bring down Trump.

It's ridiculous to claim that Obama personified his policies but Trump does not.  Either they both do, if you're the kind of person who sees politics as personal, or neither does, if you're the kind of person who sees politics as abstract.
I hope once 45 is out of office for whatever reason you might take a deep breath and remove the blinders.  You should feel relief.  Lying to yourself this much is tiring.  I've been there.

Are you claiming that Trump is a policy ideologue? He ran on closing the border and letting the world know that the US was no longer their doormat (MAGA). That's all. He mostly missed the first one, but has done a lot towards the second.

And yeah, you are the one who needs to go back and remove the blinders. The US under Trump has come a long way back from the Obama malaise.  I give Trump credit for enacting a lot of conservative policies, mainly cutting regulations, the tax cut, and the judicial appointments. But those were not Trump policies. I wasn't a fan of Trump, but I became one based on his decisions (so far).

(04-30-2019, 11:02 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 09:23 AM)mikesez Wrote: It's ridiculous to claim that Obama personified his policies but Trump does not.  Either they both do, if you're the kind of person who sees politics as personal, or neither does, if you're the kind of person who sees politics as abstract.

Are you claiming that Trump is a policy ideologue? He ran on closing the border and letting the world know that the US was no longer their doormat (MAGA). That's all. He mostly missed the first one, but has done a lot towards the second.

And yeah, you are the one who needs to go back and remove the blinders. The US under Trump has come a long way back from the Obama malaise.  I give Trump credit for enacting a lot of conservative policies, mainly cutting regulations, the tax cut, and the judicial appointments. But those were not Trump policies. I wasn't a fan of Trump, but I became one based on his decisions (so far).

I don't know what a "policy ideologue" is.
You keep on bringing up irrelevant stuff and inventing new words to help you deviate from and miss the obvious point.
You want these two men to be different, but they're not that different.  They just play for different teams.

(04-30-2019, 09:23 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 08:39 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: He specifically called it his "sole focus." Sole Focus. That means he is not just putting it first, he is willing to ignore working on any other legislation in favor of an investigation with impeachment as the goal in order to bring down Trump.

I'm sure all that "I'm really a Republican" nonsense really taxed your energies.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2019, 07:58 PM by mikesez.)

(04-30-2019, 12:43 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 09:23 AM)mikesez Wrote: It's ridiculous to claim that Obama personified his policies but Trump does not.  Either they both do, if you're the kind of person who sees politics as personal, or neither does, if you're the kind of person who sees politics as abstract.

I'm sure all that "I'm really a Republican" nonsense really taxed your energies.

Specifically, I defended a lot of what the Bush administration did, with the exception of invading Iraq.  And I defended McCain and Bush's troop surge as the best fix to a bad situation.  Having Bush leave office and McCain lose, even though I voted for McCain, was a bit of a relief for me.  I stopped feeling any need to figure out ways that Bush was right in spite of the economic collapse and everything else.

I had to go back and edit my reply to Malabar Jag and it should satisfy americus 2.0.
To err is human.
To come back to an anonymous internet thread and correct an error is rare indeed.