Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone have a sports car? Show off your ride...

So, because my truck isn't lifted, I'm ripping off the lifted truck thread. I'm curious to see if anyone here has a fun sports car. I bought this two months ago. 2019 Nissan 370Z. I'm impressed at how quick it is. The six-speed manual is geared nicely. This car also works well as a daily driver.

[Image: GwryOcHh.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nice ride.

I don't currently have a drive-able sports car. My volvo is a six speed manual turbo, so it's kind-of fun when you put your foot into it. But- it's a "sporty" sedan.

Outside of that, I own a 1965 Mustang (289ci -notchback) that will take about $8K and a lot of man hours to get back to proper sports car status.
It's a half disassembled rusty mess that will probably wait another year at least before I have the time and money to do anything with it.

I once had a 72 Ford Torino station wagon with buckshot holes in the tailgate (which wouldn’t open) and a mattress in the back. It was my shaggin’ wagon. It would do 0 to 100 and back to 0 in less than 12 seconds - if it were driven off a cliff. Good times in that car.

(05-01-2019, 03:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I once had a 72 Ford Torino station wagon with buckshot holes in the tailgate (which wouldn’t open) and a mattress in the back. It was my shaggin’ wagon. It would do 0 to 100 and back to 0 in less than 12 seconds - if it were driven off a cliff. Good times in that car.

Sounds like fun.  Is it for sale?

(05-01-2019, 07:22 PM)Jags Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 03:53 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I once had a 72 Ford Torino station wagon with buckshot holes in the tailgate (which wouldn’t open) and a mattress in the back. It was my shaggin’ wagon. It would do 0 to 100 and back to 0 in less than 12 seconds - if it were driven off a cliff. Good times in that car.

Sounds like fun.  Is it for sale?

Unfortunately, federal environmental laws forbid it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-01-2019, 02:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nice ride.

I don't currently have a drive-able sports car.  My volvo is a six speed manual turbo, so it's kind-of fun when you put your foot into it. But- it's a "sporty" sedan.

Outside of that, I own a 1965 Mustang (289ci  -notchback) that will take about $8K and a lot of man hours to get back to proper sports car status.
It's a half disassembled rusty mess that will probably wait another year at least before I have the time and money to do anything with it.

Thanks. And the Mustang sounds like a fun project car. But indeed, the fun doesn't start until there's adequate funds. Would you be doing a lot of the labor yourself? That in itself saves a ton of money.

(05-01-2019, 08:43 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 02:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nice ride.

I don't currently have a drive-able sports car.  My volvo is a six speed manual turbo, so it's kind-of fun when you put your foot into it. But- it's a "sporty" sedan.

Outside of that, I own a 1965 Mustang (289ci  -notchback) that will take about $8K and a lot of man hours to get back to proper sports car status.

Thanks. And the Mustang sounds like a fun project car. But indeed, the fun doesn't start until there's adequate funds. Would you be doing a lot of the labor yourself? That in itself saves a ton of money.

Yes. I'd ideally do most of it. 

Been trying to take a welding class but my travel schedule makes it tough. I'll eventually take one anyway - even if I miss a few days of class. 

The mechanical stuff is mostly about having the right tools and some patience. The metal work is something I'll need to learn and probably screw up a few times. Luckily the aftermarket parts for these cars have gotten to be pretty abundant and affordable.