Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Karl Joseph

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2019, 08:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

This is the one last guy that we need to target this year imo.  He played his best ball at the 2nd half of last year.  Injuries has slowed him down but the guy plays like Bob Sanders.  Hes not as good as Sanders of course but his style of play is and is potential is through the roof.  I wonder what it would take to get him from Oak.  I'd trade Telvin for him if Telvin dont want to be here or if we want to get rid of Telvin

One of my all time favorite highlights

https://youtu.be/INOG00WUbkg

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Been a big fan of his for a while too. Don't think him and Ronnie would be an ideal combo though

(05-01-2019, 10:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: Been a big fan of his for a while too. Don't think him and Ronnie would be an ideal combo though

I have too, he can play either safety spot, is good against the run and good in coverage.  Would be more than ideal if we could some how make a trade for him.  Having Joseph and Williams hawking down the ball carrier would be fun to watch for a number of years

(05-02-2019, 07:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 10:11 PM)JackCity Wrote: Been a big fan of his for a while too. Don't think him and Ronnie would be an ideal combo though

I have too, he can play either safety spot, is good against the run and good in coverage.  Would be more than ideal if we could some how make a trade for him.  Having Joseph and Williams hawking down the ball carrier would be fun to watch for a number of years

The ideal role for both of them is playing closer to the line covering the short zones and flats. We've only really seen around 6 weeks of good coverage from Joseph in his NFL career so I'm not ready to say he's good there yet. Not a guy you want covering deep.  

I'd prefer him to Wilson, just a clunky fit atm

(05-02-2019, 03:26 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 07:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I have too, he can play either safety spot, is good against the run and good in coverage.  Would be more than ideal if we could some how make a trade for him.  Having Joseph and Williams hawking down the ball carrier would be fun to watch for a number of years

The ideal role for both of them is playing closer to the line covering the short zones and flats. We've only really seen around 6 weeks of good coverage from Joseph in his NFL career so I'm not ready to say he's good there yet. Not a guy you want covering deep.  

Naw, go watch his college games, he is more than capable of playing single high if need be.  He was banged up his first few years so he wasn't really able to play to his potential.  The 2nd half of last season when he was finally healthy he started coming into his own and looked more and more like the way he played in college.  You dont have to play the FS deep every play anyway.  You move the guy around like the Colts did with Bob Sanders and he will create turnovers and be a game breaker if he stays healthy.  He has never played with the type of talent we have on defense and would thrive in this defense

(05-02-2019, 05:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 03:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: The ideal role for both of them is playing closer to the line covering the short zones and flats. We've only really seen around 6 weeks of good coverage from Joseph in his NFL career so I'm not ready to say he's good there yet. Not a guy you want covering deep.  

Naw, go watch his college games, he is more than capable of playing single high if need be.  He was banged up his first few years so he wasn't really able to play to his potential.  The 2nd half of last season when he was finally healthy he started coming into his own and looked more and more like the way he played in college.  You dont have to play the FS deep every play anyway.  You move the guy around like the Colts did with Bob Sanders and he will create turnovers and be a game breaker if he stays healthy.  He has never played with the type of talent we have on defense and would thrive in this defense

I've seen them. He's capable, its just not his best role, and he hasn't shown he can do it in the NFL. You want him flowing down to the football  not backpedaling and flipping his hips.  

And yeah as I said I'd prefer him to Wilson, we play more dual safeties than single vs box.

(05-02-2019, 06:50 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 05:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Naw, go watch his college games, he is more than capable of playing single high if need be.  He was banged up his first few years so he wasn't really able to play to his potential.  The 2nd half of last season when he was finally healthy he started coming into his own and looked more and more like the way he played in college.  You dont have to play the FS deep every play anyway.  You move the guy around like the Colts did with Bob Sanders and he will create turnovers and be a game breaker if he stays healthy.  He has never played with the type of talent we have on defense and would thrive in this defense

I've seen them. He's capable, its just not his best role, and he hasn't shown he can do it in the NFL. You want him flowing down to the football  not backpedaling and flipping his hips.  

And yeah as I said I'd prefer him to Wilson, we play more dual safeties than single vs box.

I mean hes not Earl Thomas but he dont have to be with everything he can do and you dont play him that way.  When Bradley left we dont play single high 90% of the time anyway as they have stated they want both safeties exchangeable playing in and out and that's his strength

(05-02-2019, 07:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 06:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: I've seen them. He's capable, its just not his best role, and he hasn't shown he can do it in the NFL. You want him flowing down to the football  not backpedaling and flipping his hips.  

I mean hes not Earl Thomas but he dont have to be with everything he can do and you dont play him that way.  When Bradley left we dont play single high 90% of the time anyway as they have stated they want both safeties exchangeable playing in and out and that's his strength

Thats what I'm referring to when I said "we play dual safeties than single vs box".   

Ideally for a dual safety look both safeties can handle deep with ease when they rotate there, while Ronnie has done that in college + Joseph too, Ronnie lacks the range to do that much in the NFL and Joseph hasn't shown he's good enough at it. So yeah both of their best roles overlap, even though yeah I'd obv rather try Joseph than Wilson

Trade for a guy (literally just a guy) who's going to be a FA after this season? No thanks. Would be a huge waste of resources.

Just wait until next year when he’s a FA.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Meh

I haven’t seen anything out of him. He’s just a guy.

I was doing some digging around in old threads looking for funny Hargreaves takes since he's in the doghouse with Arians today and came across this:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...#pid691698

The takes preceding that draft on DBs and LBs were all over the map. Kind of funny in hindsight.