Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue has been absent from offseason workouts

(05-14-2019, 10:21 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: i love the glass of water mentality this forum repeats.  One side is speaking rational based on people and how they generally act/feel, while the other is more coach speak/positive or the "it just cant be that crowd."

So you mean it's like every other forum in the NFL and possibly every professional sport?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-14-2019, 12:04 PM)Rico Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 10:21 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: i love the glass of water mentality this forum repeats.  One side is speaking rational based on people and how they generally act/feel, while the other is more coach speak/positive or the "it just cant be that crowd."

So you mean it's like every other forum in the NFL and possibly every professional sport?

Can't relate to every NFL forum and all other sports since i dont spend my time in forums outside of this one and maybe operation sports.  I just love the speculation rico, thats all.  Its just funny how no matter how rational opinions may be in regards to what someone could be feeling or thinking, there's always that group that uses the....Its not that bad approach.  Point is, these players are ppl just like the rest of us and choose to go pro for the money and the fame that can come with it.  They also know that they can be cut or traded at any point, and the money is not 100% guaranteed majority of the time.  They can easily get injured and lose most if not all of it but its funny to see ppl speculate that they feel all is ok and the team will treat them right.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(05-11-2019, 06:40 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 02:49 AM)JackCity Wrote: If you were one of the best performers in your field and had performed very well for your company but then they bring in a new worker with no track record but is getting paid significantly more how would you feel? Pretty aggrieved I'd imagine.

Not if I know that soon enough I'll be making WAY more than that guy.

Maybe not if you make one wrong step, or fall on your shoulder the wrong way just one time, or a guy chipping you goes just a little too low. All of that soon enough could go poof real fast.

(05-14-2019, 07:30 PM)Upper Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 06:40 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Not if I know that soon enough I'll be making WAY more than that guy.

Maybe not if you make one wrong step, or fall on your shoulder the wrong way just one time, or a guy chipping you goes just a little too low. All of that soon enough could go poof real fast.

Yup. Look at Lee last year. Taken out from a cheap shot no one expected. Lucky for him, he was able to get paid first.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1130795141692821504

Nice to see him back, he is also scheduled to talk to the media after Marrone presser later today.

He'll get paid. I don't know where they'll value his contract at but he's probably at least worth anywhere between a top 8 - 15 overall contract at his position among the other starters. I think that's fair. 29.5 career sacks through 47 career starts is solid. That averages out to 1.5 per game. So he's at least somebody that we can consistently rely on. He had 6 FF's back in 2017 as well. He's only 23 years old too. That's the best part.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Lightbulb 

(05-21-2019, 08:02 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1130795141692821504

Nice to see him back, he is also scheduled to talk to the media after Marrone presser later today.

I’m wondering if this means the team is actively negotiating an extension.

One of those “come to work and we’ll start negotiations” moves.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(05-21-2019, 11:17 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 08:02 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1130795141692821504

Yup, hopefully that's the case and progress are being made.
I have no doubts they'll resign him though it may take quite a bit. We are good with the cap in the coming years but it's right now that they'll have to play with numbers a bit to make the extensions and keep something to manage the team. With the Telvin situation still not officially defined I guess we'll have to wait a bit more but I think that they'll get the Yannick deal done before training camp.

Why is it that every time a player is over-paid, that becomes the new starting point for negotiations with anyone else? One team was stupid, so every team is required to be stupid too?
I hope they can get something done for Yan, but I don't want to see them break the bank for him. He's good - really good! But he's not great yet. If he wants to be the highest paid DE in the league, he needs to have an All-Pro season first IMHO.

(05-21-2019, 03:38 PM)scottyg Wrote: Why is it that every time a player is over-paid, that becomes the new starting point for negotiations with anyone else?  One team was stupid, so every team is required to be stupid too?
I hope they can get something done for Yan, but I don't want to see them break the bank for him.  He's good - really good!  But he's not great yet.  If he wants to be the highest paid DE in the league, he needs to have an All-Pro season first IMHO.

Unfortunately that is the way the market works. If he were to make it to free agency I guarantee you he will get comparable contract numbers to Dee Ford, Frank Clark, and Trey Flowers.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 09:02 PM by Caldrac.)

True. It's funny how that works but it does. Just like how it was crazy to think back in the 40's and 50's athletes had to find work to maintain themselves during the summer without football for pay.

While also staying in shape, traveling by planes and probably more by bus while also playing in the most unforgiving era of it physically?

Crazy difference in a blink of an eye timeline wise.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yan is everything you want in a pass rusher. From ability, work ethic, to attitude. There's zero reason we should let him ever leave Jax.

I think Yannick will be signed this week, possibly in the next few days

(05-21-2019, 09:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think Yannick will be signed this week, possibly in the next few days

I agree

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2019, 02:37 AM by Dockerill91.)

(05-21-2019, 09:58 AM)Caldrac Wrote: He'll get paid. I don't know where they'll value his contract at but he's probably at least worth anywhere between a top 8 - 15 overall contract at his position among the other starters. I think that's fair. 29.5 career sacks through 47 career starts is solid. That averages out to 1.5 per game. So he's at least somebody that we can consistently rely on. He had 6 FF's back in 2017 as well. He's only 23 years old too. That's the best part.

I don’t want to be THAT guy! But I’d love to see the maths behind 29.5 sacks in 47 starts being 1.5 sacks a game! By mine that would be 70.5! Smile

Overall agree with everything else though!

(05-21-2019, 09:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think Yannick will be signed this week, possibly in the next few days

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ce938197a665a662e...=giphy.gif]

I do think they want to get his deal done prior to the season.  Hope they can figure it out.

(05-21-2019, 11:17 AM)knarnn Wrote:

Yannick simply wants to be paid in accordance to his worth like all others do. He's also setting the standard w/respect to leadership as he's now on the field. He'll continue to lead by example, on the field.

NH3...
"AZANE"