Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue has been absent from offseason workouts

(05-03-2019, 09:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 09:31 PM)JackCity Wrote: Stumping up money for average off ball linebackers isn't how you build a team.  

Also nobody has disputed that he could play will very well or that his skillset suits it. Just that your assertion that he can't play Mike wasn't something you had a problem with in 2017, so clearly you were happy with his play there. Jack can be a very good mike, and a very good will, we just need to see more of it, and until he does he's not worth paying the money he'll command.
Where did I say he cant play Mike well?  He wasn't the MLB at UCLA because his natural position is Will.  You act like those 2 are the same position which it doesn't surprise me coming from you.  If hes average at MLB doesn't mean he would be average at Will and you dont just give up on him because he isn't the best MLB when he was never given a chance at his true position.  I know this is tough for you to understand but you are learning

Before you give up on him and not pay him because of his play at MLB you need to give him a shot at his true position

He wasn't the full time MLB at UCLA because he is so athletically gifted that they played him all over on that Defense. It wasn't simply because his natural position is WLB. 

He played every LB position, CB and Safety on that Defense. And obviously he played some RB also. They moved him around everywhere depending on the match ups, week to week.

He's going into his 3rd season now as a true MLB. This season will give us a good look at how his development is going.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wait a sec... we must be doing something wrong here. Myles Jack's true natural position is RB. 
'02

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2019, 02:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-04-2019, 01:22 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Wait a sec... we must be doing something wrong here. Myles Jack's true natural position is RB. 

That is true, probably would of been an All Pro RB

(05-03-2019, 09:48 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 09:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Where did I say he cant play Mike well?  He wasn't the MLB at UCLA because his natural position is Will.  You act like those 2 are the same position which it doesn't surprise me coming from you.  If hes average at MLB doesn't mean he would be average at Will and you dont just give up on him because he isn't the best MLB when he was never given a chance at his true position.  I know this is tough for you to understand but you are learning

Before you give up on him and not pay him because of his play at MLB you need to give him a shot at his true position
Okay let's put your fantasy into practice. Let's say Telvin looks like his old self this year, who are your nickel backers and where do they play?

Jack and Telvin is, it's our 2 best LB

Hopefully Jack and Telvin both play like Pro Bowlers

(05-04-2019, 02:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 01:22 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Wait a sec... we must be doing something wrong here. Myles Jack's true natural position is RB. 

(05-03-2019, 09:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: Okay let's put your fantasy into practice. Let's say Telvin looks like his old self this year, who are your nickel backers and where do they play?

and where do they play

[Image: 20180419-TIAA.jpg]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Yan showed up to OPTIONAL work..showed he’s invested in the team and then took off to show he does want to get paid. Nothing wrong with this move. He deserves a payday and he will get one. You could argue he has more priority right now over Jalen but I think we work a deal for both. Jack may be the odd man out. Don’t see how we keep all three. Jack is good but will have a steep asking price
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

(05-04-2019, 07:00 PM)Fred Jones-Brunell Wrote: Yan showed up to OPTIONAL work..showed he’s invested in the team and then took off to show he does want to get paid. Nothing wrong with this move. He deserves a payday and he will get one. You could argue he has more priority right now over Jalen but I think we work a deal for both. Jack may be the odd man out. Don’t see how we keep all three. Jack is good but will have a steep asking price

In order of importance: defensive line, defensive back, then linebacker.  

Our linebackers are good, but they’re both replaceable.

(05-04-2019, 02:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

(05-03-2019, 09:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: Okay let's put your fantasy into practice. Let's say Telvin looks like his old self this year, who are your nickel backers and where do they play?

They may have been our best two LBs in 2018 but they're not in 2019. It's possible that both could be replaced.

IJS.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2019, 07:07 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(05-05-2019, 01:12 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 02:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That is true, probably would of been an All Pro RB

They may have been our best two LBs in 2018 but they're not in 2019. It's possible that both could be replaced.

IJS.

NH3...
Lol, there is zero chance Jack will be going anywhere this year. I dont think Telvin will either

Every time lately I come to the site I see on The Home Team section "Yannick Ngakoue has been ..." and I immediately think "oh crap what did he do now how did he get suspended" and then I remember it is just this thread.

(05-05-2019, 07:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 01:12 PM)NH3 Wrote: They may have been our best two LBs in 2018 but they're not in 2019. It's possible that both could be replaced.

IJS.

NH3...
Lol, there is zero chance Jack will be going anywhere this year.  I dont think Telvin will either

I Concur on your statement and I also didn't state that they're "going anywhere". Miles Jack isn't an natural MLB. He will be replaced at that position and possibly moved to his natural position at the Sam LB. Telvin Smith had an down year in 2018 as we all know and if he doesn't rebound, he will not be our starting Will LB, hinse my previous statement that they could be replaced.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-02-2019, 01:30 PM)JNev Wrote: Getting Dareus, Campbell, and Lee off the books next year will be so critical to keeping Jalen, Yan, and Myles. Between the 3 of them is $40 million in cap savings. Yan and Jalen should get $20 mil each and the cap will go up each year too
If Campbell has another season like last year I would not want to release him.  I think he may be willing to renegotiate his at his age and provide additional cap space.  If Lee gets injured this year you have to let him go. Dareus may be expendable if Russell shows up this year.

(05-06-2019, 09:08 AM)Fdennisp3 Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 01:30 PM)JNev Wrote: Getting Dareus, Campbell, and Lee off the books next year will be so critical to keeping Jalen, Yan, and Myles. Between the 3 of them is $40 million in cap savings. Yan and Jalen should get $20 mil each and the cap will go up each year too
If Campbell has another season like last year I would not want to release him.  I think he may be willing to renegotiate his at his age and provide additional cap space.  If Lee gets injured this year you have to let him go. Dareus may be expendable if Russell shows up this year.

I don't think a 7th round draft pick, who is a long shot to even make the team, is going to push a perennial pro bowler out of our lineup.

People continue to play on the notion that it matters what you label Miles and Telvin. They are both going to play 90% of the snaps. The other LB will play like 20. Mike, Will, Sam....these terms aren’t all that relevant anymore.

(05-07-2019, 11:04 AM)nate Wrote: People continue to play on the notion that it matters what you label Miles and Telvin.   They are both going to play 90% of the snaps.  The other LB will play like 20.  Mike, Will, Sam....these terms aren’t all that relevant anymore.

Well, they are relevant in terms of positional responsibility.  Some of the confusion that was very evident among the back seven last season (chiefs, cowboys, first colts game etc) can be traced to the Mike position and his ability to communicate pre-snap. 

How Myles Jack progresses in that aspect will play a huge role in how they approach his contract.

(05-06-2019, 06:28 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 07:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, there is zero chance Jack will be going anywhere this year.  I dont think Telvin will either

I Concur on your statement and I also didn't state that they're "going anywhere". Miles Jack isn't an natural MLB. He will be replaced at that position and possibly moved to his natural position at the Sam LB. Telvin Smith had an down year in 2018 as we all know and if he doesn't rebound, he will not be our starting Will LB, hinse my previous statement that they could be replaced.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
You said they are not our best LBs in 2019.  Who is then?

(05-05-2019, 01:12 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 02:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That is true, probably would of been an All Pro RB

IJS.

NH3...

Yeah, I think Myles and Telvin are probably still the best two LBs on this roster. Maybe Williams turns out to prove otherwise in time, but I don't think there's a better combo to run in nickel right now than 44&50.

(05-07-2019, 12:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 01:12 PM)NH3 Wrote: They may have been our best two LBs in 2018 but they're not in 2019. It's possible that both could be replaced.

IJS.

NH3...

Yeah, I think Myles and Telvin are probably still the best two LBs on this roster. Maybe Williams turns out to prove otherwise in time, but I don't think there's a better combo to run in nickel right now than 44&50.

I don't understand people who make comments like NH3 did. Myles and Telvin are far and away out best LBs and are both some of the better LBs in the entire league.

(05-07-2019, 01:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 12:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, I think Myles and Telvin are probably still the best two LBs on this roster. Maybe Williams turns out to prove otherwise in time, but I don't think there's a better combo to run in nickel right now than 44&50.

I don't understand people who make comments like NH3 did. Myles and Telvin are far and away out best LBs and are both some of the better LBs in the entire league.

I think some folks are just letting themselves get a little carried away by the Williams pick and the Ryan signing. 
It's that time of year when we read the tea leaves a bit too intently and try to speculate potential shake-ups to the projected depth chart.  

Telvin's dip in performance last season has some folks overreacting, as does his absence from voluntary workouts. 

Another subset of fans are unwaveringly convinced that Jack is not a middle linebacker and won't improve enough to man that position well in 2019.  I think he was drafted to be the middle linebacker and he has easily played well enough to deserve another chance at working the position on a 3 down basis in 2019. 

I think Williams is simply a possible way out from under Telvin's contract in 2020 and Ryan is a good insurance policy/back-up for Jack, good depth,  and a possible base down SAM in the meantime.