Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jay Ajayi

He hasn't signed with anyone yet. Maybe we should at least kick his tires.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's better than any other veteran we have on the roster, outside of Fournette. Why not? I know when he was drafted he fell down the boards because of a degenerative knee condition. I wonder if that is factoring into why he isn't already signed? When healthy, this guy is a good RB. I'd be all for it.

Strange he isn't signed. Maybe he's holding out for more than a one year budget deal.

Signing Ajayi would be Carlos Hyde 2.0.

They just drafted a RB in the 5th who is a hammer. Let's play the rookie.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

(05-07-2019, 09:29 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Strange he isn't signed. Maybe he's holding out for more than a one year budget deal.

Saw Field Yates tweet that after 4pm today, signed free agents no longer count against the comp pick formula.  Probably why he and guys like ansah and Boston haven't been signed yet.  Likely we'll see some moves made this week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-07-2019, 10:21 AM)jaglawyer Wrote: Signing Ajayi would be Carlos Hyde 2.0.

They just drafted a RB in the 5th who is a hammer.  Let's play the rookie.

You normally carry 3-4 RB's. Of course you keep Fournette and Armstead as the top 2 RB's, but pretty much the rest of the guys we have are garbage. With the way we had injuries last season, it's nice to have as many good players as possible.

(05-07-2019, 02:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

You normally carry 3-4 RB's. Of course you keep Fournette and Armstead as the top 2 RB's, but pretty much the rest of the guys we have are garbage. With the way we had injuries last season, it's nice to have as many good players as possible.

I think Cunningham is a serviceable 3rd down back actually, but I'd take Ajayi over Rawls or Blue in a heartbeat.

(05-07-2019, 02:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Give me a list of 3rd string running backs on the majority of the teams in the NFL.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]