Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Way-Too-Early Depth Chart Prediction

(05-13-2019, 04:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 04:03 PM)Kane Wrote: But isn't he looking for new contract, more money?

We're already looking at the Yan and Ramsey situations biting our nails hoping we don't screw it up.
We don't have a lot of extra money. 

I think we're sticking with what we have at TE and expect Oliver to contribute as our pass catcher from that spot.

IMO

I'm not advocating trading for Rudolph.  I was attempting to answer a question. 
I'm not certain what he's looking for.

I think Oliver will be a real contributor as a move TE before we reach the bye-week if not right away - and I like Swaim in the in-line role. 
I also like that they seem to be looking for a good lead-blocking H-Back.  
I'm not feeling desperate at the TE spot, but it is a bit thin on paper since we are counting on youth and a couple of journeymen types to perform. 

Rudolph wouldn't make financial sense for the Jags unless the vikes release him - and even then some team will likely want to pay him more than the Jags can responsibly offer.

You may not be advocating for Rudolph, but I am. He's precisely what we need, and we can figure out the finances especially if money is freed up for Telvin. I'd rather not have to trade for Rudolph, but I'm fine even giving up a 5th round pick to get him.

I'd also like to see them sign S Tre Flowers and/or extend Ngakoue.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-13-2019, 04:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm not advocating trading for Rudolph.  I was attempting to answer a question. 

I think Oliver will be a real contributor as a move TE before we reach the bye-week if not right away - and I like Swaim in the in-line role. 
I'm not feeling desperate at the TE spot, but it is a bit thin on paper since we are counting on youth and a couple of journeymen types to perform. 

Rudolph wouldn't make financial sense for the Jags unless the vikes release him - and even then some team will likely want to pay him more than the Jags can responsibly offer.

You may not be advocating for Rudolph, but I am. He's precisely what we need, and we can figure out the finances especially if money is freed up for Telvin. I'd rather not have to trade for Rudolph, but I'm fine even giving up a 5th round pick to get him.

I'd also like to see them sign S Tre Flowers and/or extend Ngakoue.
[/quote]

I'm losing track of names- Trey Flowers is the DE from NE who went to Detroit as a FA and Dimitri Flowers was a FB we released I think and Ereck Flowers was the OL bust we had. Did you mean Tre Boston here?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(05-14-2019, 06:38 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-13-2019, 04:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm not advocating trading for Rudolph.  I was attempting to answer a question. 

I'd also like to see them sign S Tre Flowers Boston and/or extend Ngakoue.

You may be able to figure out a way to bring Rudolph in on a two year deal, but you probably aren't going to do that AND extend Ngakoue.  
Take a look at the top TE salaries, https://overthecap.com/position/tight-end/.
Then look at Rudoplh's production over the past three years. How much do you think he'd cost annually as a FA or after a trade and restructure? 

I think getting him for two years at $6.5 million per year would probably be the best bargain possible.

Thanks...

I did mean Boston.

(05-14-2019, 10:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 06:38 AM)Jags02 Wrote: You may not be advocating for Rudolph, but I am. He's precisely what we need, and we can figure out the finances especially if money is freed up for Telvin. I'd rather not have to trade for Rudolph, but I'm fine even giving up a 5th round pick to get him.

I'd also like to see them sign S Tre Flowers Boston and/or extend Ngakoue.

You may be able to figure out a way to bring Rudolph in on a two year deal, but you probably aren't going to do that AND extend Ngakoue.  
Then look at Rudoplh's production over the past three years. How much do you think he'd cost annually as a FA or after a trade and restructure? 

I think getting him for two years at $6.5 million per year would probably be the best bargain possible.

He's easily better than some of those TEs costing $10 mil so getting him for this year at $7.625 mil is a heck of a deal.
'02

(05-14-2019, 04:02 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Thanks...

I did mean Boston.

(05-14-2019, 10:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: You may be able to figure out a way to bring Rudolph in on a two year deal, but you probably aren't going to do that AND extend Ngakoue.  

He's easily better than some of those TEs costing $10 mil so getting him for this year at $7.625 mil is a heck of a deal.

I don't think 7.25 mil is too pricey for the player. 

I don't know what the Jags intentions are with the Ngakoue deal though. And I'm not eager to give up a draft pick either. 

It's an interesting value conundrum for me. I think Rudolph helps this offense for sure.
  But I'd rather see Ngakoue's deal get  done if it comes down to one or the other.  And I think they should guard their picks moving forward to help replenish positions with aging or overpaid players.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We do have an extra 5th, and he totally could put this offense over the top. Rudolph is really good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r63AS_5FIww
'02

(05-07-2019, 03:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah - I'm bored.  

OFFENSE:

WR (X) -  Chark / Conley   (P.S. Tyre Brady) 
WR (Y)  -  Westbrook  / Cole / Lee
WR (Z)  - Lee / Westbrook / Cole /  (P.S. - Michael Walker)
LT -  Robinson / Wells 
LG -  Norwell / Shatley / Stallings
C  --  Linder / Shatley  
RG -  Cann / Richardson / Stallings
RT  - Taylor / Wells / Richardson
TE  (F)  Oliver / O'Shaughnessy
TE (Y)  Swaim / Koyack (wouldn't be surprised by a different name than Koyack here come August)
QB -  Foles / Minshew (#2 QB is a toss up right now but I'll guess the rookie wins it) 
RB - Fournette  / Armstead  /  Cunningham  /  Blue

DEFENSE:

DE (weak side): Ngakoue /  Allen / McCray  / Smoot
NT: Dareus / Jones / Ankou
DT: Bryan / Dareus / Campbell
DE (strong side):  Campbell / Allen / Smoot 
WLB -  Smith / Williams / DJ Alexander
MLB - Jack / Ryan 
SAM - Ryan / Allen / Jacobs 
CB - Ramsey / Bouye / Hayden / Meeks / Herndon
SS - Harrison - Reavis 
FS - Wilson - Davis -  (Wingard - P.S.)