Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019

If a player is suspended for a full year, he gets paid nothing but his contract is suspended at that point as well. When he plays again, the contract picks right back up where it left off. I don't know the rules regarding a playing opting not to play, but I imagine there's a list he can be put on with similar implications. In other words, the money should be freed up for this season and then this year's salary would be assigned to next year. I'm guessing here. 
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fortunately, the season is several months away, so they have time to make some adjustments.

(05-09-2019, 03:45 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...49408?s=21

They clearly have some confidence in the newly signed guys to bring better competition. 

(Ryan, Goode, Alexander, Goode, Onwualu)

(05-09-2019, 03:46 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Fortunately, the season is several months away, so they have time to make some adjustments.

Not to mention plenty of time for him to change his mind.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

At this point all that matetrs is what happens to the salary.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(05-09-2019, 03:47 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 03:46 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Fortunately, the season is several months away, so they have time to make some adjustments.

Or comes to terms with a new contract.

(05-09-2019, 03:47 PM)knarnn Wrote:

While I agree that there is time, he should take the whole year off regardless if he feels he's ready.

You can't come back and play with your mindset not 100% devoted to football. Your mind and body have to be ready together and he's clearly not there yet. I wish him the best and hopefully he's really ready for 2020.

With that said, I would immediately call the Jets and see what it would take to get Darron Lee.

(05-09-2019, 03:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 03:37 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: Man, this feels like a huge loss for the team. Maybe I'm over reacting, but who's going to just step in and do what Telvin does?

Quincy Williams.

(05-09-2019, 03:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote: So does Allen see more reps at OLB now?

If Ryan plays inside they could move Jack to Telvin's spot and then maybe rotate Williams and the kid from Wisconsin on the other side maybe?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I doubt this has any effect on how they use Allen. 

He'll get reps at both DE spots in rotation and probably a few more at SAM. 

Telvin just gets replaced by Williams or maybe one of the newly signed journeymen temporarily if Williams isn't ready to go by week one.
Even more excited now to see Williams in the pre season. I admittedly was skeptical on draft day because you heard crickets from the "experts".

But... like Dave said "Not my fault you didn't do your homework". And I know the 49ERS were high on him.

A few YT channels I respect like TPS were pretty happy with this pick. And given this situation with Smith now? Caldwell may look like a damn genius if Allen, Taylor, Oliver and Williams are all starting by midseason or heavily featured in the rotation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2019, 03:58 PM by Setsuna00.)

Yeah! Several months means 3-4 months right!? You count good man!
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

I guess all the “Telvin probably laughing at all of this” people can run away now. Where there was smoke there was fire....
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Am I the only one who is now suspecting Ryan might end up as our MLB and Jack move out to WLB?

(05-09-2019, 03:45 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...49408?s=21

Blair Brown was our 2017 5th round draft pick. Didn't see that coming in the wake of Telvin taking a year off. He was thought to be Telvin's backup.

One person who might be able to slip right in and do what Telvin does is Josh Allen. We could just keep Leon Jacobs at SAM and let Allen take over at WILL; or visa versa. Either way, this appears to cement Allen into a starting OLB role. 
'02

A whole year? Uhhhhh..I mean correct me if I am wrong, but a first time suspension isn't a full year? This doesn't feel like a suspension, something else must be going on.

https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...09856?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(05-09-2019, 04:03 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Am I the only one who is now suspecting Ryan might end up as our MLB and Jack move out to WLB?

I was hoping to see what Jack does this year at MLB now that he has a full year of experience there so he's not thinking so much.
'02

Its never as innocent as it sounds, something is up.

But the team can move on and prepare to fill his void.

(05-09-2019, 04:03 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

Blair Brown was our 2017 5th round draft pick. Didn't see that coming in the wake of Telvin taking a year off. He was thought to be Telvin's backup.

One person who might be able to slip right in and do what Telvin does is Josh Allen. We could just keep Leon Jacobs at SAM and let Allen take over at WILL; or visa versa. Either way, this appears to cement Allen into a starting OLB role. 

It really doesn't.

(05-09-2019, 04:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: A whole year? Uhhhhh..I mean correct me if I am wrong, but a first time suspension isn't a full year? This doesn't feel like a suspension, something else must be going on.

Brent Martineau said on the radio that the team found out the same time as everyone else and was pretty much blindsided. He really may just be dealing with personal demons. Better to get ahold of it before it gets ahold of you.

(05-09-2019, 04:05 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...09856?s=21

Could even be a blessing in disguise. If his head is gone then better to cut ties and save that much needed money.

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...11489?s=21