Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019

(05-09-2019, 04:08 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 04:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: A whole year? Uhhhhh..I mean correct me if I am wrong, but a first time suspension isn't a full year? This doesn't feel like a suspension, something else must be going on.

Brent Martineau said on the radio that the team found out the same time as everyone else and was pretty much blindsided. He really may just be dealing with personal demons. Better to get ahold of it before it gets ahold of you.

No doubt about it, and I respect it. It is however May and first game is Sept 8th. He must really need some time because he said the full year like... damn.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-09-2019, 04:09 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...11489?s=21

Dang.

um.

Dang.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

The paint has hit the canvas. The outcome of this painting is unknown at this time but something significant is going on w/Telvin. Speculating isn't for me but I'm Damn sure glad that we drafted Williams. The front office had to know about this situation hinse the reasoning of drafting and signing multiple LBs. Also there's an good chance that Telvin will never play a down for the Jaguars again whether he retires or not.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-09-2019, 04:03 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Am I the only one who is now suspecting Ryan might end up as our MLB and Jack move out to WLB?

That would be best case scenario

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2019, 04:22 PM by Jest101.)

Lots of respect for a man who takes the money and runs. Get millions of dollars and quit your job. You can't even quit McDonald's and get paid. Man up!

(05-09-2019, 04:09 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...11489?s=21

Glad to see he's man enough to communicate with his employers.  It's a shame that contracts aren't designed that you have to give every dollar back when you quit.

(05-09-2019, 04:19 PM)NH3 Wrote: The paint has hit the canvas. The outcome of this painting is unknown at this time but something significant is going on w/Telvin. Speculating isn't for me but I'm Damn sure glad that we drafted Williams. The front office had to know about this situation hinse the reasoning of drafting and signing multiple LBs. Also there's an good chance that Telvin will never play a down for the Jaguars again whether he retires or not.

NH3...

It sure does seem like the Jags FO had an idea with all the LB signings, but when the news came out they said they were blindsided and had no idea. They could be bluffing that, but don't know what they gain by doing so.

Use that money to sign Eric Berry

We'll be fine, Telvin really didn't play well at all last year in both run support and pass coverage. He's a leader and an athlete but as far as production i think we have the bodies in house to step up.

Curious to see if they just plug Quincy Williams in at Telvin's WLB spot or if they slide Myles Jack over to allow Jake Ryan to man the MLB position. Who plays SAM? Jake Ryan? Josh Allen? Leon Jacobs?

also thought it was interesting that they released Blair Brown today as well.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(05-09-2019, 04:28 PM)Firesky Wrote: We'll be fine, Telvin really didn't play well at all last year in both run support and pass coverage. He's a leader and an athlete but as far as production i think we have the bodies in house to step up.

Curious to see if they just plug Quincy Williams in at Telvin's WLB spot or if they slide Myles Jack over to allow Jake Ryan to man the MLB position. Who plays SAM? Jake Ryan? Josh Allen? Leon Jacobs?

also thought it was interesting that they released Blair Brown today as well.

Jack-Ryan-Allen

I think a year out sounds more like some personal or family issue, rather than a suspension.

Maybe we will never be told.

Maybe he will never play for us again.

But if he does need the time off I hope he gets all the support he needs.

Man, that sucks. It has to be something serious for him not to say anyone on the team. But I think they knew something, they went linebacker crazy lol. Baldwin and Chancelor just released by Seahawks :O....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Hopefully he isn't showing signs of CTE already he wasn't seeming all there on the video the other day I worry what's going on with him.
No Fun

(05-09-2019, 04:47 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Hopefully he isn't showing signs of CTE already he wasn't seeming all there on the video the other day I worry what's going on with him.

It’s being rumored on Twitter that he’s been dealing with some mental health issues. If true, I hope he gets the help that he needs. Mental health issues are pushed aside a lot in the NFL.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We’re doomed

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2019, 04:57 PM by Firesky.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWolibgkL54

Interview with Quincy Williams a week before the draft. Worth a listen, key takeaways:

1) Quincy was being projected to be taken around the 2nd-3rd round even before the draft (this should ease some of the concerns there).
2) He's FASTTTT. 4.44 40 time at his pro day??!?
3) He comments on Josh Allen; said he's "a blur on the field, just sooo fast man" said he was the BEST college player he's ever played against.

I think we'll be just fine without Telvin, really excited for Quincy Williams this year!!
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Interesting that the Jaguars management say they’re still waiting to talk to him and that no offer of support has been made yet.

Are they completely unaware of what’s going on?

(05-09-2019, 04:28 PM)Firesky Wrote: ...

(05-09-2019, 04:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Jack-Ryan-Allen

Yeah.

The more I think about it, they really could move Jack over to will this year and put Ryan in the middle.

I think they really want to get Quincy Williams at WILL as soon as they deem him ready though.

Could end up being:     DJ Alexander (until Quincy is ready)     -  Jack   -   Ryan/Allen

Whether they move Jack or not is probably the biggest storyline.
 I think Josh Allen will work from a "package" of plays at sam, but won't be the de facto starter there. Ryan seems more likely. 
Interesting shake-up coming at LB regardless.

I hope the man gets the help he needs. He's got kids and stuff. Some things are more important than playing football.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

if I played for the jagrags i'd wanna quit too

i wouldnt do it, cuz im not a loser quitter, but i'd want to

(05-09-2019, 05:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

(05-09-2019, 04:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jack-Ryan-Allen

Yeah.

The more I think about it, they really could move Jack over to will this year and put Ryan in the middle.

I think they really want to get Quincy Williams at WILL as soon as they deem him ready though.

Could end up being:     DJ Alexander (until Quincy is ready)     -  Jack   -   Ryan/Allen

Whether they move Jack or not is probably the biggest storyline.
 I think Josh Allen will work from a "package" of plays at sam, but won't be the de facto starter there. Ryan seems more likely. 
Interesting shake-up coming at LB regardless.
Lol, but He was drafted to play in the middle  HE'S LEARNING TO PLAY MIDDLE LB.  I though he is goint to play MLB this year and he has earned every right to?