Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith Taking the Year Off in 2019

(05-09-2019, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 05:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah.

The more I think about it, they really could move Jack over to will this year and put Ryan in the middle.

I think they really want to get Quincy Williams at WILL as soon as they deem him ready though.

Could end up being:     DJ Alexander (until Quincy is ready)     -  Jack   -   Ryan/Allen

Whether they move Jack or not is probably the biggest storyline.
 I think Josh Allen will work from a "package" of plays at sam, but won't be the de facto starter there. Ryan seems more likely. 
Interesting shake-up coming at LB regardless.
Lol, but He was drafted to play in the middle  HE'S LEARNING TO PLAY MIDDLE LB.  I though he is goint to play MLB this year and he has earned every right to?

Let me try to explain something to you. 

I'll use short sentences that are easy to understand.

Myles Jack was indeed drafted to be the Jags MLB.

It wasn't a secret. 

He did a good job of that last year in his first season playing 3 downs there. 

He needed to improve with the mental/pre-snap side of the game. 

The Jags intended to give him that chance (deservedly) in 2019. 

Then Telvin decided to take a year off.

That decision by Telvin might  CHANGE  the way the Jags were approaching the 2019 LB situation. 

I still think he plays in the middle though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nice Job Caldwell.

(05-09-2019, 05:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 05:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol, but He was drafted to play in the middle  HE'S LEARNING TO PLAY MIDDLE LB.  I though he is goint to play MLB this year and he has earned every right to?

Let me try to explain something to you. 

I'll use short sentences that are easy to understand.

Myles Jack was indeed drafted to be the Jags MLB.

It wasn't a secret. 

He did a good job of that last year in his first season playing 3 downs there. 

He needed to improve with the mental/pre-snap side of the game. 

The Jags intended to give him that chance (deservedly) in 2019. 

Then Telvin decided to take a year off.

That decision by Telvin might  CHANGE  the way the Jags were approaching the 2019 LB situation. 

I still think he plays in the middle though.

Lol, but he was drafted to play MLB, so what does Telvin leaving have anything to do with Jack?  Jack plays MLB, and was drafted to play that position.  Like I said, with Telvins recent play, it would be a wise move to try Jack at his natural position to get the most out of him.  You dont have to explain anything to me, I already knew.

(05-09-2019, 05:20 PM)VondyP Wrote: if I played for the jagrags i'd wanna quit too

i wouldnt do it, cuz im not a loser quitter, but i'd want to

So the guy more than likely has some serious problems, and you come with this and you don't think you're a gigantic loser.

Stay classy [BLEEP].
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Myles could still be a leader and call the plays at like he did last year at Will. Derrick Brooks did it

Wait til the Jags come after the 8 million. This guy will suit up faster than a rocket.

(05-09-2019, 05:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Myles could still be a leader and call the plays at like he did last year at Will.  Derrick Brooks did it

If he's not a MLB in your opinion, why the hell do you want him calling plays? 
IMO, it's the presnap part of the game that he needed work on. He plays MLB just fine minus a few gaffs staying gap sound. 
The only reason they'd do something like this is if they didn't trust Ryan to do a good job pre-snap. 
Much more likely they let either Jack or Ryan just play MLB outright.

(05-09-2019, 04:03 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 03:45 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...49408?s=21

Blair Brown was our 2017 5th round draft pick. Didn't see that coming in the wake of Telvin taking a year off. He was thought to be Telvin's backup.

One person who might be able to slip right in and do what Telvin does is Josh Allen. We could just keep Leon Jacobs at SAM and let Allen take over at WILL; or visa versa. Either way, this appears to cement Allen into a starting OLB role. 

That's fine with me.  Lawerence Taylor did pretty well at the outside linebacker spot.  I'm not saying Allen is LT but I would like to see the Jags use allen blitzing the QB standing up.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(05-09-2019, 06:07 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 04:03 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Blair Brown was our 2017 5th round draft pick. Didn't see that coming in the wake of Telvin taking a year off. He was thought to be Telvin's backup.

One person who might be able to slip right in and do what Telvin does is Josh Allen. We could just keep Leon Jacobs at SAM and let Allen take over at WILL; or visa versa. Either way, this appears to cement Allen into a starting OLB role. 

That's fine with me.  Lawerence Taylor did pretty well at the outside linebacker spot.  I'm not saying Allen is LT but I would like to see the Jags use allen blitzing the QB standing up.

Allen at WILL?  

That would be a shocker unless they are really trying to make some scheme changes.  Blitzing Allen standing is much more likely to happen from the strong side LB spot, not the weak side.

(05-09-2019, 05:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 05:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Myles could still be a leader and call the plays at like he did last year at Will.  Derrick Brooks did it

If he's not a MLB in your opinion, why the hell do you want him calling plays? 
IMO, it's the presnap part of the game that he needed work on. He plays MLB just fine minus a few gaffs staying gap sound. 
The only reason they'd do something like this is if they didn't trust Ryan to do a good job pre-snap. 
Much more likely they let either Jack or Ryan just play MLB outright.
There aren't as many gap responsibilities playing weak side as there is middle.  I also think Jacks speed and athleticism suits him better on the edges and in space.  I dont think Jack has been bad at MLB I just think playing him at weak side you can get the best out of him and I'd just like to see it. When we drafted him I wanted him to play MLB bacause Telvin was playing great and Poz qas at the end.

That said after last years play of Telvin and watching Jack at MLB I want to see him play at what I feel is his natural position and what i think he can possibly be one of the best in the game at weak side.  I would just love to see it so we know for sure if we should extend him or not

I'm not sure how we're to judge Jack's natural position. If anything, his original natural position was RB.

That said, looking back of his draft scouting it appears many had him pegged as a MLB with some saying WILL or S. Most agreed he's a stack backer as opposed to a guy who excels at blitzing off the edge like Josh Allen. That said, I watched a little film on Jack and he'd typically line up at SAM in college. I'd look to see where the TE lines up, and he was usually on that side and was often in coverage. In the nickel, he basically went from being the SAM to being the nickel CB. 
'02

Clearly the Jags don't know the whole story on Telvin's issues, but they definitely knew something was wrong for a while of they wouldn't have drafted Williams and signed 5 journeymen.

https://twitter.com/TDickman89/status/11...4417422336

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2019, 06:56 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

I am ok with it, fix your problems and comeback when you are ready.

I think Jack as a Will is a must, he could end up being better than Telvin.

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2019, 07:44 PM by TJBender.)

#becausejaguars

(05-09-2019, 03:24 PM)surfon Wrote: Welp does that mean we save the 10 mil on the cap?  So it wasn't overblown, eh?  lol

If they place him on reserve/did not report, he won't be paid this year and his salary won't count against the cap.

I'm pretty sure with a good makeup artist I could have passed as Telvin long enough to break my "something" and get placed on IR ... What a waste of 10M.

Oh look, I broke a nail.

Sad situation. Hoping he gets himself together even if he never plays football again.

I was thinking suspension myself but now I think it's more of a mental health/brain health thing.

I hope Telvin gets the help he needs. He did lose a little brother not too long ago. And he's still a young man dealing with a lot more than just football.

I wish him the best though. NFL is a business. It's going to keep moving with or without him. But first take care of head.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yeah as really it is also in that of mental health going on. And it is really very much in the media. Good luck and hope he can get the help he needs.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

Damn this sucks hope Telvin gets right and comes back sooner than later but this feels like a Blackmon going away and never coming back situation
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]