Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which LB lineup is most likely?
Jack (w) Ryan (m) Allen (s)
Jack (w) Ryan (m) Allen/ Jacobs combo
Q Williams (w) Jack (m) Ryan (s)
Q Williams (w) Jack (m) Ryan/Allen combo (s)
Journeyman/Williams (w) Jack (m) Allen (s)
Williams/combo (w) Jack (m) Allen/combo (S)
corn
blank #2
other
[Show Results]

LB Alignment if Telvin Doesn't Play - 2019

(12-06-2019, 09:30 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 08:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He's struggled at times, but there's very few on this Defense who haven't. The DC can't adapt to save his life and is a problem. 

There's been a revolving door at WLB next to Jack, whether due to injuries or poor play. Seemed like there was a new starter at WLB every other week. That'll effect any MLB, doesn't matter who it is, especially when we play Nickel some much.

Ngakoue and Allen are our best players, but they play on the edges. Our best run stuffing DL has been out in Dareus. It certainly looks like father time is slowly catching up with Campbell. 

We don't have the beef in the middle to keep guys off our LBs (which is kinda the point of this scheme, so our LBs can run and flow) and Wash is too stubborn to try and adapt around that. It's a full circle of suck and has very little to do with one player.

I agree. It's not all on Jack. But the LB alignment being a concern back in May was valid. As were the concerns regarding the safeties with Wilson lacking experience and here it is again I think Harrison finishes two years in a row on IR now correct? Or he's at least missed a game or two or hit the turf with an injury on the field. That's a concern for moving forward.

This defense needs a few spins in the wash next year with Wash actually out of the picture. I really feel the first four picks need to be dedicated to reinforcing all levels on defense and the trenches on offense dependent upon value meeting need. 

Need a safety more than a corner IMHO. Need another linebacker that can call the shots around him. And we most certainly need a run stuffing DT. Offensively I feel they have to get the line corrected. Whether that's a matter of drafting a guard or tackle to bounce Robinson inside and kick Cann or Norwell off the line-up remains to be seen. But it has to be addressed IMHO regardless of who comes in next as the coach. 

The amount of receivers in this class coming up is pretty respectable. Really lengthy, go and up and get it types. I like Mims out of Baylor and Pittman out of USC at the moment in particular. And despite the tight end class being perceived as weak? I still think there's guys like Rice, Bryant & Calcaterra (if he declares after an injury at OSU) are potential options at tight-end to assist in the receiving game later on in the draft.

The LB group was definitely a concern back in May. Moving Jack from MLB wouldn't have lessened the concern then though, it would have just made it worse. Opening another hole while trying to fill a different hole never works. 

Wilson is solid, but he isn't as good as Gipson was. They should still look to upgrade at FS in the draft. Harrison is questionable for Sunday. He suffered a Concussion. He isn't on IR. I'm not concerned about him.

Definitely need some new blood in here at DC. Agreed on some tweaks to this Defense. It needs a good couple of spins for sure. We need help at every level on Defense absolutely.

FS and CB can both be upgraded. I think the need is pretty equal at both positions.

Decisions have to be made at LB. No matter how it ends up, we simply need more talent in that group as a whole. Absolutely need another big bodied run stopping DT as well.

The OL need is high up on the list. Need to add at least one more OG/OT, possibly two. All depends on how they view Robinson/Taylor at OT, like you said. Definitely need help at OG though.

I haven't really dug into this draft class and the prospects yet, but I read somewhere a while back that this WR class is suppose to be really, really good. Grab one from this draft and that WR room is good to go IMO.

I'm sure we all agree that the TE group still needs all the help they can get, wherever they can get it.

(12-06-2019, 10:07 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 08:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote: He's struggled at times, but there's very few on this Defense who haven't. The DC can't adapt to save his life and is a problem. 

There's been a revolving door at WLB next to Jack, whether due to injuries or poor play. Seemed like there was a new starter at WLB every other week. That'll effect any MLB, doesn't matter who it is, especially when we play Nickel some much.

Ngakoue and Allen are our best players, but they play on the edges. Our best run stuffing DL has been out in Dareus. It certainly looks like father time is slowly catching up with Campbell. 

We don't have the beef in the middle to keep guys off our LBs (which is kinda the point of this scheme, so our LBs can run and flow) and Wash is too stubborn to try and adapt around that. It's a full circle of suck and has very little to do with one player.

We built the defense on speed. A D that was supposed to play with a lead, force turnovers, and rely on teams having to throw to score and keep up. That works if you have an offense like KC, GB, or the like. We, um, how do you say it, don't.

Couple that with speed meaning dookie if you are out of position or not wise enough to anticipate where the ball is going, and you are pursuing, rather than disrupting.

Yup, exactly. It worked in 2017 because we were able to score first and run the ball. If they could put up 10-14 points, it was nearly game over and this Defense went to work. The talent was also better then as well on Defense.

We all know it's a passing league though and unless you got Lamar Jackson, being a straight run first team now isn't going to work a lot of the time. You have to throw the ball. This Defense can still be very productive, but the Offense has to get out with a lead fast.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We as fans has to let go of the past. It's not 2017, it's 2019. When we/I diagnose the Jaguar's play, it's the here and now. In 2019, Myles Jack hasn't played the part of being the signal caller on our defense.

Prove Me Wrong.

His play is Subpar while his pay is Overpar.

Again, Prove me Wrong.

We sincerely need an MLB that's INSTINCTIVE and Myles Jack isn't INSTINCTIVE.

Prove Me Wrong!!!

NH3...
"AZANE"

(12-07-2019, 11:00 AM)NH3 Wrote: We as fans has to let go of the past. It's not 2017, it's 2019. When we/I diagnose the Jaguar's play, it's the here and now. In 2019, Myles Jack hasn't played the part of being the signal caller on our defense.

Prove Me Wrong.

Again, Prove me Wrong.

Prove Me Wrong!!!

NH3...

Agreed with you. Echoed similar sentiments long before the regular season started. It really wasn't me knocking Jack lacking the chops to man the Mike position but it was more so to do with the fact that he played better on this defense when he was tasked to just playing outside and asked to rotate into the nickel package on 3rd and obvious passing situations inside. 

As far as his current role and contract? I can't point my finger at him for that. I can point my finger at this scouting staff, coaching staff and management team though for failing to realize he wasn't ready for the responsibility of having to account for the back seven on his end and for also paying him now instead of waiting until next year.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-07-2019, 11:08 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-07-2019, 11:00 AM)NH3 Wrote: We as fans has to let go of the past. It's not 2017, it's 2019. When we/I diagnose the Jaguar's play, it's the here and now. In 2019, Myles Jack hasn't played the part of being the signal caller on our defense.

Prove Me Wrong.

Again, Prove me Wrong.

Prove Me Wrong!!!

NH3...

Agreed with you. Echoed similar sentiments long before the regular season started. It really wasn't me knocking Jack lacking the chops to man the Mike position but it was more so to do with the fact that he played better on this defense when he was tasked to just playing outside and asked to rotate into the nickel package on 3rd and obvious passing situations inside. 

As far as his current role and contract? I can't point my finger at him for that. I can point my finger at this scouting staff, coaching staff and management team though for failing to realize he wasn't ready for the responsibility of having to account for the back seven on his end and for also paying him now instead of waiting until next year.

And I agree w/you.

NH3...
"AZANE"