Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which LB lineup is most likely?
Jack (w) Ryan (m) Allen (s)
Jack (w) Ryan (m) Allen/ Jacobs combo
Q Williams (w) Jack (m) Ryan (s)
Q Williams (w) Jack (m) Ryan/Allen combo (s)
Journeyman/Williams (w) Jack (m) Allen (s)
Williams/combo (w) Jack (m) Allen/combo (S)
corn
blank #2
other
[Show Results]

LB Alignment if Telvin Doesn't Play - 2019

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2019, 06:42 PM by Eric1.)

(05-17-2019, 06:13 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 09:20 AM)pirkster Wrote: If Jack doesn't improve greatly he should be replaced at MLB as quickly as possible.  He's nearly completely ineffective there.

I Concur. Jack isn't the tackling machine that's required of the MLB. Ryan is an spin off of Poz and he'll be one hell of an LB for us. Prior to his injury, he was one of the top leading tacklers in the NFL.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

What? 

The most tackles he's ever had in a season is 82 and that's combined tackles. 57 solo tackles is the most he's had in a season.

67th leading tackler in 2017. 68th leading tackler in 2016.. Jack was the 38th leading tackler in 2017 and 27th leading tackler in 2018, FWIW.

The guy has been average at best in his career so far. He doesn't make any splash plays and for being some "tackling machine" he sure doesn't have that many tackles either.

If healthy, he'll compete for the SLB job and back up MLB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-17-2019, 05:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: LOL you guys are comical. Nobody said a word about him at MLB in 2017 when this Defense was playing at an elite level. The entire Defense took a step back (shouldn't have surprised anybody, considering they were an all time great Defense in 2017, hard to repeat those results) last season, but was still a top 5 unit, yet you guys are still crying.

Jack will be going into his 3rd year as a MLB and 2nd year as a full time MLB. No player will ever get used to a position if you move him from one spot to another every season..

He literally played 5-8 snaps per game at SLB his rookie season.. And I don't want to hear jack [BLEEP] about the Defense was sooo good in 2017 with Poz at MLB on base downs, because we played Nickel at least 70% of the time and it was Jack at MLB.

Poz honestly wasn't even that good his past couple years for us. His leadership was great, but he was slowing down and a huge liability in coverage. Which is why they took him out of the game for most of it.

But no, you guys want to put in another guy at MLB who is coming off an ACL injury (his 2nd ACL injury BTW), who is also a liability in coverage. Comedy at it's best.

"He's nearly completely ineffective there" LOL. What a [BLEEP] joke thing to say LOL.

The only thing you accomplish by moving Jack away from MLB, is making a bigger hole in that starting LB group and only adding more question marks.

Well said.

The phrase "nearly completely ineffective" defines my expectations for Ryan in coverage. I see Ryan strictly coming in at MLB for short-yardage situations or likely running downs. Maybe he'll even start when we play Henry and the Titans.
'02

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 05:17 AM by Caldrac.)

(05-17-2019, 07:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 05:23 PM)Eric1 Wrote: LOL you guys are comical. Nobody said a word about him at MLB in 2017 when this Defense was playing at an elite level. The entire Defense took a step back (shouldn't have surprised anybody, considering they were an all time great Defense in 2017, hard to repeat those results) last season, but was still a top 5 unit, yet you guys are still crying.

Jack will be going into his 3rd year as a MLB and 2nd year as a full time MLB. No player will ever get used to a position if you move him from one spot to another every season..

He literally played 5-8 snaps per game at SLB his rookie season.. And I don't want to hear jack [BLEEP] about the Defense was sooo good in 2017 with Poz at MLB on base downs, because we played Nickel at least 70% of the time and it was Jack at MLB.

Poz honestly wasn't even that good his past couple years for us. His leadership was great, but he was slowing down and a huge liability in coverage. Which is why they took him out of the game for most of it.

But no, you guys want to put in another guy at MLB who is coming off an ACL injury (his 2nd ACL injury BTW), who is also a liability in coverage. Comedy at it's best.

"He's nearly completely ineffective there" LOL. What a [BLEEP] joke thing to say LOL.

The only thing you accomplish by moving Jack away from MLB, is making a bigger hole in that starting LB group and only adding more question marks.

Well said.

The phrase "nearly completely ineffective" defines my expectations for Ryan in coverage. I see Ryan strictly coming in at MLB for short-yardage situations or likely running downs. Maybe he'll even start when we play Henry and the Titans.

The only thing comical about all of this is that a few key words were overlooked. No one is saying Jack should or should not play the Mike position. I think we're just all kicking our tires here in mid-May. And there's still plenty of time left for adjustments to be made. Regardless of what Jack feels or says doesn't mean things won't be moved around. Key word folks... if.....IF "(introducing a conditional clause) on the condition or supposition that; in the event that, or, despite the possibility that; no matter whether."

IF.... Jack struggles inside then it's pretty obvious they'll make a move or realign the LB positions. Same thing that happened with Bryan last year when he didn't really show enough to justify leaving him at DE as a rookie so they've decided to kick him back inside at DT to off set the loss of Malik Jackson this off season. 

There's a lot of scenarios that could change the course of the starting defensive and offensive unit this summer during training camp, preseason, etc. What if Jacobs is horrible at Will or Sam? What if Williams doesn't pan out at Will or Sam? What's easier to fix moving forward? 

Having two inexperienced backers on the outside with a former 7th RD pick entering his 2nd year (Jacobs) and two rookies trying to learn the playbook (Allen, who will probably be moved around more than anything and Williams) with a 2nd year starter inside in Jack? Or having Ryan with experience inside, Jack on the outside with his abilities and experience? And maybe just one rookie to worry about which can be heavily rotated to keep it interesting? 

It's ignorant to rule out the possibilities of change or changes throughout the course of the next few months and throughout the actual regular season. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-18-2019, 05:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 07:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Well said.

The only thing comical about all of this is that a few key words were overlooked. No one is saying Jack should or should not play the Mike position. I think we're just all kicking our tires here in mid-May. And there's still plenty of time left for adjustments to be made. Regardless of what Jack feels or says doesn't mean things won't be moved around. Key word folks... if.....IF "(introducing a conditional clause) on the condition or supposition that; in the event that, or, despite the possibility that; no matter whether."

IF.... Jack struggles inside then it's pretty obvious they'll make a move or realign the LB positions. Same thing that happened with Bryan last year when he didn't really show enough to justify leaving him at DE as a rookie so they've decided to kick him back inside at DT to off set the loss of Malik Jackson this off season. 

There's a lot of scenarios that could change the course of the starting defensive and offensive unit this summer during training camp, preseason, etc. What if Jacobs is horrible at Will or Sam? What if Williams doesn't pan out at Will or Sam? What's easier to fix moving forward? 

Having two inexperienced backers on the outside with a former 7th RD pick entering his 2nd year (Jacobs) and two rookies trying to learn the playbook (Allen, who will probably be moved around more than anything and Williams) with a 2nd year starter inside in Jack? Or having Ryan with experience inside, Jack on the outside with his abilities and experience? And maybe just one rookie to worry about which can be heavily rotated to keep it interesting? 

It's ignorant to rule out the possibilities of change or changes throughout the course of the next few months and throughout the actual regular season. 

what part of Jacks skillset makes you think he's a better fit at sam

(05-18-2019, 12:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 05:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The only thing comical about all of this is that a few key words were overlooked. No one is saying Jack should or should not play the Mike position. I think we're just all kicking our tires here in mid-May. And there's still plenty of time left for adjustments to be made. Regardless of what Jack feels or says doesn't mean things won't be moved around. Key word folks... if.....IF "(introducing a conditional clause) on the condition or supposition that; in the event that, or, despite the possibility that; no matter whether."

what part of Jacks skillset makes you think he's a better fit at sam

Jack has a good enough skill set to fit anywhere in the LB group. Hell, he's probably still good enough to line-up in the backfield on offense and put in work at RB. My line of thinking for this year was just pretty much outlined above. 

With Telvin Smith out of the picture for this year and possibly for good. And with two rookies, one of which is probably going to be asked to play everywhere this year with Allen's size and speed at DE and OLB. And then Williams, a guy who may or may not have a hard learning curve ahead of him coming up from Murray state... 

I just think they might want to look at putting more experienced players into the starting line-up to minimize any potential holes, gap assignment / mental errors, etc. That's not to say that Jack can't get it done. I think he can get it done inside or outside. I just think for this year we may have to mix it up a bit more because of the sudden news with Telvin and just the lack of overall experience. 

They currently have 11 LB's on the roster. Depending on how they build up the depth this summer at that position and how many they carry will obviously be determined down the road this summer. 

But it's going to be A LOT to ask of two rookies. Allen I think we'll see more action at DE over LB to begin with but they still have him listed at DE/OLB. So it'll be interesting to see what happens with him. I think Jake Ryan will have a more important role than people realize this year. 

And the idea that he'll be slow coming off an ACL at the age of 27 is comical to me as well. Since, you know the guy we're talking about right now in Myles Jack had to do the very same thing coming out of college and he seems to be doing just fine. 

All I know is that the biggest complaints and concerns last year on defense were people being caught out of position a lot. That's WITH guys like Telvin Smith, Barry Church and Tashaun Gipson running around back there on defense. This year we're now relying on Harrison at SS who flashed but ended up on IR. We're relying on Wilson at FS who has some experience but not a ton. We're going to be relying on Taven Bryan in his 2nd year after an underwhelming rookie season to fill the shoes of Malik Jackson and keep pushing the pile and pocket backwards. 

And we're still relatively young in general at the LB position. Which, again, circles back to this topic with two rookies now in the picture. All of a sudden, guys needing to know their assignments, guys with experience and knowing when to be where and how to stay disciplined just went up even more through the roof. 

Campbell is also not getting any younger. And he's been dinged up here and there in the past. Not enough to keep him out of a game but certainly enough to slow him down for a bit. This could be a very down year on defense if we're not careful with the personnel we have on this roster. CB seems to be the only truly set position with Ramsey and Bouye. But if one of them goes down for any extensive period of time? 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2019, 06:38 PM by Eric1.)

(05-18-2019, 05:16 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 07:08 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Well said.

Except for the fact that if you move Jack to Will, you're now making it 3 question marks at LB instead of the possible 2... Really there's only 1 main question mark at LB right now and it's the Will. The Sam will sort itself out pretty easy imo.

Jack has never played WLB in the NFL, so now hes got to learn a new position, again. 1st question mark.

Ryan is coming off a knee injury and hasn't played in a 4-3 in the NFL. How fully healed will his knee be? How quickly can he adjust to life at MLB, in a pass happy league, as just a run stopping LB? It'll highly likely be ugly for the 70% of the time we're on Defense, in Nickel. 2nd question mark.

Who wins the SLB job? Jacobs? Allen? A mix of them? Somebody else? 3rd question mark, but like I said above, it'll sort itself out just fine.

You move Jack and you're doing more harm than good. Now if it's week 12 and we've only won 4 games and the Defense is god awful and struggling simply because of LB play, then maybe you think about making a change going forward. Which was the case for Bryan moving back inside to DT. They didn't do it until late in the season, when the season was already lost.

(05-18-2019, 01:32 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 12:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: what part of Jacks skillset makes you think he's a better fit at sam

Jack has a good enough skill set to fit anywhere in the LB group. Hell, he's probably still good enough to line-up in the backfield on offense and put in work at RB. My line of thinking for this year was just pretty much outlined above. 

With Telvin Smith out of the picture for this year and possibly for good. And with two rookies, one of which is probably going to be asked to play everywhere this year with Allen's size and speed at DE and OLB. And then Williams, a guy who may or may not have a hard learning curve ahead of him coming up from Murray state... 

I just think they might want to look at putting more experienced players into the starting line-up to minimize any potential holes, gap assignment / mental errors, etc. That's not to say that Jack can't get it done. I think he can get it done inside or outside. I just think for this year we may have to mix it up a bit more because of the sudden news with Telvin and just the lack of overall experience. 

They currently have 11 LB's on the roster. Depending on how they build up the depth this summer at that position and how many they carry will obviously be determined down the road this summer. 

But it's going to be A LOT to ask of two rookies. Allen I think we'll see more action at DE over LB to begin with but they still have him listed at DE/OLB. So it'll be interesting to see what happens with him. I think Jake Ryan will have a more important role than people realize this year. 

And the idea that he'll be slow coming off an ACL at the age of 27 is comical to me as well. Since, you know the guy we're talking about right now in Myles Jack had to do the very same thing coming out of college and he seems to be doing just fine. 

All I know is that the biggest complaints and concerns last year on defense were people being caught out of position a lot. That's WITH guys like Telvin Smith, Barry Church and Tashaun Gipson running around back there on defense. This year we're now relying on Harrison at SS who flashed but ended up on IR. We're relying on Wilson at FS who has some experience but not a ton. We're going to be relying on Taven Bryan in his 2nd year after an underwhelming rookie season to fill the shoes of Malik Jackson and keep pushing the pile and pocket backwards. 

And we're still relatively young in general at the LB position. Which, again, circles back to this topic with two rookies now in the picture. All of a sudden, guys needing to know their assignments, guys with experience and knowing when to be where and how to stay disciplined just went up even more through the roof. 

Campbell is also not getting any younger. And he's been dinged up here and there in the past. Not enough to keep him out of a game but certainly enough to slow him down for a bit. This could be a very down year on defense if we're not careful with the personnel we have on this roster. CB seems to be the only truly set position with Ramsey and Bouye. But if one of them goes down for any extensive period of time? 

Ryan is coming off of his 2nd ACL injury actually and No Jack wasn't coming off of an ACL injury when he came out of college. It was a Meniscus injury. Jack is also only 23 years old, going into his 4th season. Being 19-20 years old coming off a Meniscus injury isn't the same as being 27 years old and coming off your 2nd ACL injury.

(05-10-2019, 12:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I admittedly know nothing about Quincy Williams. I need to see this kid play before I can even consider him for a starting spot. At this point, I'd have to go with the best fits for guys I know can play in the NFL. I know we have been steadfast that Myles Jack is the MLB, but he has so much athletic ability and is so multi-faceted, that I believe he could easily slide to WLB and still be a pro-bowler. Jake Ryan is a pure MLB and should stay at that position. His ability to play the run is just too good to pass up. I think moving him to the weak side would be a huge mistake. I would then split the SLB position between Allen and Jacobs. I can see Allen being used a lot like Von Miller or Anthony Barr where he can rush off the edge or drop into coverage as an OLB. I think he's going to line up several different ways and will be very successful. To me, this is the best possible solution, at the current period of time.
We Concur. Even though Jack is on record stating that he's the Mike, I'd rather have the true Mike, i.e. Ryan man the position and allow Jack and Allen to make plays.

The true issue w/Allen is to play him at LB or DE. I choose DE w/respect to the rotation. Pencil him in.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-18-2019, 07:00 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(05-10-2019, 12:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I admittedly know nothing about Quincy Williams. I need to see this kid play before I can even consider him for a starting spot. At this point, I'd have to go with the best fits for guys I know can play in the NFL. I know we have been steadfast that Myles Jack is the MLB, but he has so much athletic ability and is so multi-faceted, that I believe he could easily slide to WLB and still be a pro-bowler. Jake Ryan is a pure MLB and should stay at that position. His ability to play the run is just too good to pass up. I think moving him to the weak side would be a huge mistake. I would then split the SLB position between Allen and Jacobs. I can see Allen being used a lot like Von Miller or Anthony Barr where he can rush off the edge or drop into coverage as an OLB. I think he's going to line up several different ways and will be very successful. To me, this is the best possible solution, at the current period of time.
We Concur. Even though Jack is on record stating that he's the Mike, I'd rather have the true Mike, i.e. Ryan man the position and allow Jack and Allen to make plays.

The true issue w/Allen is to play him at LB or DE. I choose DE w/respect to the rotation. Pencil him in.

NH3...

Ryan is a runs down specialist at MLB. Jack is not moving. I don't know how many times y'all are going to have to hear this before it dawns on you.

As for Allen, I'm fully convinced he'll be our starting SAM while playing DE when we go to two LBs. Hear me now... believe me later. 
'02

(05-18-2019, 11:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-18-2019, 07:00 PM)NH3 Wrote: We Concur. Even though Jack is on record stating that he's the Mike, I'd rather have the true Mike, i.e. Ryan man the position and allow Jack and Allen to make plays.

NH3...

Ryan is a runs down specialist at MLB. Jack is not moving. I don't know how many times y'all are going to have to hear this before it dawns on you.

As for Allen, I'm fully convinced he'll be our starting SAM while playing DE when we go to two LBs. Hear me now... believe me later. 

"Hear me now... believe me later". I like that. I do hear you and if I'm mistaken w/respect to Ryan then I'll also believe you. I just feel that we could do better at that position. Miles is a damn good LB but we need that MLB position to be manned by greatness to say the least. Let's hope that Miles takes that next step.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

In the last 2 seasons I'm not sure any player has rec'd more undeserved flack than Myles Jack.
Last season was his first at MLB full time, iirc.
My eyes tell me he's fine.

But whatevs.... Maybe ya'll need rankings and stats?
He was top 30 in tackles last year.

You like Madden? he's rated at 84.
If you like PFF stats, he was 33rd LB in the league (that's accounting for OLB rush backers, I assume)
That's pretty good out of however many LBs in the league.

I think he took a small step back last season. But our whole defense did.

Our alignment in base downs will be Williams, Jack, Ryan/Jacobs (Ppl forget about Leon? he played well in spots as a rookie)

In Nickel we could see all sorts of stuff with Allen's versatility, imo.

(05-17-2019, 11:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 09:20 AM)pirkster Wrote: If Jack doesn't improve greatly he should be replaced at MLB as quickly as possible.  He's nearly completely ineffective there.

Agreed. I still think he's a better fit at SAM or WILL. I can't help but circle back to his rookie season and 2nd year where they still had Paul moving back and forth inside with him and he just seemed a lot more natural there and he had a tendency to make splash plays when the opposing offense was starting to get caught sleeping. 

If he struggles I think it's Ryan inside for sure. Jack kicked back to WILL or SAM. And they figure out the opposite side of him with the two new rookies we have and Jacobs from last year. I keep saying it. And I'll continue to say it. Paddy Fisher out of Northwestern should be a Jaguar next year. That kid can play inside in the NFL. He'll be a solid MIKE from day one wherever he ends up being drafted.

Some of these comments aged well.

Others... not so much.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(05-09-2019, 06:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Another reason I want 1

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1024018552574160902?s=19

Ryan should definitely be our MLB, w/Williams and Jack on the outsides. I also feel that we have to select an LB high in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(12-05-2019, 12:04 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 11:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. I still think he's a better fit at SAM or WILL. I can't help but circle back to his rookie season and 2nd year where they still had Paul moving back and forth inside with him and he just seemed a lot more natural there and he had a tendency to make splash plays when the opposing offense was starting to get caught sleeping. 

If he struggles I think it's Ryan inside for sure. Jack kicked back to WILL or SAM. And they figure out the opposite side of him with the two new rookies we have and Jacobs from last year. I keep saying it. And I'll continue to say it. Paddy Fisher out of Northwestern should be a Jaguar next year. That kid can play inside in the NFL. He'll be a solid MIKE from day one wherever he ends up being drafted.

Others... not so much.

How far did you have to dig to get this i told you so and pat myself on the back thread up? 
lol

Yeah... Jack has sucked this year.
You called it.

Good...job?

(12-05-2019, 12:04 PM)pirkster Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 11:04 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. I still think he's a better fit at SAM or WILL. I can't help but circle back to his rookie season and 2nd year where they still had Paul moving back and forth inside with him and he just seemed a lot more natural there and he had a tendency to make splash plays when the opposing offense was starting to get caught sleeping. 

Others... not so much.

Everything I said still stands, so you pretty much wasted your time finding this.

My concerns on defense this year overall were right back in May. Jack struggled. Now he's on IR. And the lack of experience in the back seven has led to a franchise record of four games allowing over two hundred yards on the ground.

I'll admit I was ignorant regarding a few things. One, not fully understanding Ryan's injury and two, Pady Fisher not really living up to the off season hype at Northwestern.

We absolutely need LB help going into 2020.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

(12-05-2019, 08:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: My concerns on defense this year overall were right back in May. Jack struggled. Now he's on IR. And the lack of experience in the back seven has led to a franchise record of four games allowing over two hundred yards on the ground.

I'll admit I was ignorant regarding a few things. One, not fully understanding Ryan's injury and two, Pady Fisher not really living up to the off season hype at Northwestern.

He's struggled at times, but there's very few on this Defense who haven't. The DC can't adapt to save his life and is a problem. 

There's been a revolving door at WLB next to Jack, whether due to injuries or poor play. Seemed like there was a new starter at WLB every other week. That'll effect any MLB, doesn't matter who it is, especially when we play Nickel some much.

Ngakoue and Allen are our best players, but they play on the edges. Our best run stuffing DL has been out in Dareus. It certainly looks like father time is slowly catching up with Campbell. 

We don't have the beef in the middle to keep guys off our LBs (which is kinda the point of this scheme, so our LBs can run and flow) and Wash is too stubborn to try and adapt around that. It's a full circle of suck and has very little to do with one player.

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2019, 09:32 AM by Caldrac.)

(12-05-2019, 08:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 08:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: My concerns on defense this year overall were right back in May. Jack struggled. Now he's on IR. And the lack of experience in the back seven has led to a franchise record of four games allowing over two hundred yards on the ground.

He's struggled at times, but there's very few on this Defense who haven't. The DC can't adapt to save his life and is a problem. 

There's been a revolving door at WLB next to Jack, whether due to injuries or poor play. Seemed like there was a new starter at WLB every other week. That'll effect any MLB, doesn't matter who it is, especially when we play Nickel some much.

Ngakoue and Allen are our best players, but they play on the edges. Our best run stuffing DL has been out in Dareus. It certainly looks like father time is slowly catching up with Campbell. 

We don't have the beef in the middle to keep guys off our LBs (which is kinda the point of this scheme, so our LBs can run and flow) and Wash is too stubborn to try and adapt around that. It's a full circle of suck and has very little to do with one player.

I agree. It's not all on Jack. But the LB alignment being a concern back in May was valid. As were the concerns regarding the safeties with Wilson lacking experience and here it is again I think Harrison finishes two years in a row on IR now correct? Or he's at least missed a game or two or hit the turf with an injury on the field. That's a concern for moving forward.

This defense needs a few spins in the wash next year with Wash actually out of the picture. I really feel the first four picks need to be dedicated to reinforcing all levels on defense and the trenches on offense dependent upon value meeting need. 

Need a safety more than a corner IMHO. Need another linebacker that can call the shots around him. And we most certainly need a run stuffing DT. Offensively I feel they have to get the line corrected. Whether that's a matter of drafting a guard or tackle to bounce Robinson inside and kick Cann or Norwell off the line-up remains to be seen. But it has to be addressed IMHO regardless of who comes in next as the coach. 

The amount of receivers in this class coming up is pretty respectable. Really lengthy, go and up and get it types. I like Mims out of Baylor and Pittman out of USC at the moment in particular. And despite the tight end class being perceived as weak? I still think there's guys like Rice, Bryant & Calcaterra (if he declares after an injury at OSU) are potential options at tight-end to assist in the receiving game later on in the draft.

(12-05-2019, 12:38 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(05-09-2019, 06:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Another reason I want 1

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1024018552574160902?s=19

Ryan should definitely be our MLB, w/Williams and Jack on the outsides. I also feel that we have to select an LB high in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

If we are banking on Ryan, we probably need to select at least two LB. It's like banking on Marquise Lee to be your WR2.

(12-05-2019, 08:36 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

We built the defense on speed. A D that was supposed to play with a lead, force turnovers, and rely on teams having to throw to score and keep up. That works if you have an offense like KC, GB, or the like. We, um, how do you say it, don't.

Couple that with speed meaning dookie if you are out of position or not wise enough to anticipate where the ball is going, and you are pursuing, rather than disrupting.

(12-06-2019, 09:58 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(12-05-2019, 12:38 PM)NH3 Wrote: Ryan should definitely be our MLB, w/Williams and Jack on the outsides. I also feel that we have to select an LB high in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

If we are banking on Ryan, we probably need to select at least two LB. It's like banking on Marquise Lee to be your WR2.

Ryan's durability has been questioned due to his past injury. I personally don't know of his past injury woes/history though. All I know is that he's better slated to stop the run than Myles Jack is and it's been proven.

NH3...
"AZANE"