Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which LB lineup is most likely?
Jack (w) Ryan (m) Allen (s)
Jack (w) Ryan (m) Allen/ Jacobs combo
Q Williams (w) Jack (m) Ryan (s)
Q Williams (w) Jack (m) Ryan/Allen combo (s)
Journeyman/Williams (w) Jack (m) Allen (s)
Williams/combo (w) Jack (m) Allen/combo (S)
corn
blank #2
other
[Show Results]

LB Alignment if Telvin Doesn't Play - 2019

Which is most likely?

Or give us your "other" option, please.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I weighed the options, saw too many pro and cons so I voted corn.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I think Williams (W), Jack (M), Ryan/Allen (S) seems like a likely fit. For us to have drafted Williams in the 3rd, they see some kind of starter in him. It all depends on how training camps goes though. But this would be my guess.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Another reason I want 1

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1024018552574160902?s=19

Myles Jack - SAM
Jake Ryan - MLB
Quincy Williams - WLB

Josh Allen - SAM/WLB/DE rotation

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I don't think Quincey Williams will be ready to start against K.C. in week 1. The guy is taking a major step up in competition and the best case scenerio to me is that he's a very fast learner and can be worked into the weak-side linebacker position by mid-season. Until that happens, the coaching staff will need to determine which combination of players would work best. I would have liked to see Jack at MLB since he has a year behind his belt at this position, but this may not enable the Jags to play the best 3 players at the same time. The linebacker coaches will deserve a big raise if they can successfully work out this situation.

(05-09-2019, 09:30 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I don't think Quincey Williams will be ready to start against K.C. in week 1. The guy is taking a major step up in competition and the best case scenerio to me is that he's a very fast learner and can be worked into the weak-side linebacker position by mid-season. Until that happens, the coaching staff will need to determine which combination of players would work best. I would have liked to see Jack at MLB since he has a year behind his belt at this position, but this may not enable the Jags to play the best 3 players at the same time. The linebacker coaches will deserve a big raise if they can successfully work out this situation.

In case it wasn't clear, that's why I included the Journeyman/Williams (w) Jack (m) Allen (s)   stuff. I think there's a good possibility that a journeyman plays the will until Williams is ready.

Jake Ryan is like our poor man's Posluszny.
No pain, no gain.

(05-09-2019, 11:54 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Jake Ryan is like our poor man's Posluszny.

If Ryan returns to good health, his signing may turn out to be almost important as Foles. His contract was very reasonable, if I remember correctly, which makes this pick-up even better.

I view the situation as Jack being Telvin's replacement at WLB in 2020, which is now accelerated a year. 

Jack, Ryan, platoon at SLB until Allen is up to speed.

I'm fine with both Jack as MLB and Ryan and the others around him or Ryan in the middle with Jack at WLB and whoever is ready (Allen, Jacobs, De Luca, whoever) at SAM.

What I'm more concerned about is when we'll be in 2 LBs set, Jack is one of the best coverage LB out there so we are good there. You really don't want to see Ryan in coverage too much though so I guess that will depend on how good Quincy Williams will be in that area (maybe having played safety he has good coverage skills? I have no idea).

Blank number 2.

I think they will try most or all of those possibilities, and eventually settle on the one that works best. How Allen fits as SLB in Wash's scheme and how well Williams turns out are so unknown it's impossible to even make a wild guess.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Base Downs:

W - Jack
M - Ryan
S - Allen/Jacobs

Nickel:
W - Quincy Williams
M - Jack
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(05-10-2019, 09:08 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Blank number 2.

I think they will try most or all of those possibilities, and eventually settle on the one that works best. How Allen fits as SLB in Wash's scheme and how well Williams turns out are so unknown it's impossible to even make a wild guess.

It's not impossible to make a wild guess.  A lot of us already done it

(05-10-2019, 09:27 AM)Firesky Wrote: Base Downs:

W - Jack
M - Ryan
S - Allen/Jacobs

Nickel:
W - Quincy Williams
M - Jack

This is essentially how I see it as well.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

W - Jack
M - Ryan
S - Allen/Jacobs

Nickel:
W - Quincy Williams
M - Jack

I'm thinking...

Base Downs:

W - Q Williams/Jacobs
M - Jack
S - Allen

Nickel:

W - Q Williams
M - Jack
'02

(05-09-2019, 06:26 PM)PF* Wrote: I weighed the options, saw too many pro and cons so I voted corn.

so too many pros and cons led you to be pro-corn?

W - Jack
M - Ryan
S - Allen/Jacobs

Nickel:
W - Quincy Williams
M - Jack

While I think prior to the Telvin no-show, the team really wanted Jack at MLB on three downs, this is indeed a good suggestion at this point with Telvin out. 
Ryan should have time to get up to speed, and Jack has done it that way before. 

The only question mark here is whether Quincy Williams will be ready to play that role by week one. 
Facing Andy Reid's offense in week one could be a major debacle for a rookie linebacker with coverage responsibilities.

I think most of y'all are expecting too much too soon out of Quincy, I expect it'll be a year before he becomes a reliable contributor.

I admittedly know nothing about Quincy Williams. I need to see this kid play before I can even consider him for a starting spot. At this point, I'd have to go with the best fits for guys I know can play in the NFL. I know we have been steadfast that Myles Jack is the MLB, but he has so much athletic ability and is so multi-faceted, that I believe he could easily slide to WLB and still be a pro-bowler. Jake Ryan is a pure MLB and should stay at that position. His ability to play the run is just too good to pass up. I think moving him to the weak side would be a huge mistake. I would then split the SLB position between Allen and Jacobs. I can see Allen being used a lot like Von Miller or Anthony Barr where he can rush off the edge or drop into coverage as an OLB. I think he's going to line up several different ways and will be very successful. To me, this is the best possible solution, at the current period of time.