Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
LOL Jets

Firing their GM, named HC Adam Gase as the interim GM.

Is there a franchise that is more poorly managed?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-15-2019, 12:21 PM)Mikey Wrote: Firing their GM, named HC Adam Gase as the interim GM.

We'll see. 

Raiders and Cardinals may or may not enter the race depending on how their dice roll out this season.

They're apparently going to hire Daniel Jeremiah.

(05-15-2019, 01:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: They're apparently going to hire Daniel Jeremiah.

He is one of three names being reported as candidates.

(05-15-2019, 12:21 PM)Mikey Wrote: Firing their GM, named HC Adam Gase as the interim GM.

There are two scenarios here:

1. Gase was hired without much involvement or buy-in from Maccagnin (spelling is butchered), and the plan from the start was that he would take over as GM or choose his own guy, in which case this has the potential to be a sign that the Jets are moving in the right direction.
2. Gase was Maccagnin's first choice, was hired over other (better) candidates at Maccagnin's request, or was settled upon because the feeling was that he could work well with Maccagnin. If this is the case, the Jets are (still) idiots.

My feeling is that this is more of the second option, or at least that the Jets weren't openly discussing with other, better candidates that they'd have the chance to build their own personnel office after a few months with Maccagnin in charge. If the opportunity to be the coach and the GM was on the table, you'd think the job would have been more attractive to the bigger name guys rather than bringing in a Dolphins retread.

They just traded Darron Lee for a 6th round pick....

The Patriots have such an easy life with the Dolphins, Bills and Gang Green in their division compared to the Colts, titans and Texans or any division for that matter. They essentially have all season to rehearse for the playoffs.

The bumbling history of the Jets is probably matched only by the first 35 years of the Patriots. Bill Parcells turned the Patriots around in the 90s but couldn't do the same with the Jets.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(05-16-2019, 12:10 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: They just traded Darron Lee for a 6th round pick....

Yeah, I thought he was Taylor made for a 4-3 weak side backer.  Would of been a good get for a 6th

(05-16-2019, 12:10 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: They just traded Darron Lee for a 6th round pick....

You'd probably have got at best a 5th for him

its interesting because Mac was clearly a terrible GM but also giving Gase any kind of power in a team makes zero sense

I'm convinced Gase is still working for the Dolphins and is out to further destroy the Jets.

Kind of like part Marlins owner Derek Jeter making bad trades with the Yankees.

Pioli has stepped away from Falcons asst. GM job.

Perhaps he's going back to a former home.

(05-16-2019, 02:37 PM)Kane Wrote: Pioli has stepped away from Falcons asst. GM job.

Perhaps he's going back to a former home.

The exact thing I thought when I saw the news.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!