Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette fined $303 to resolve arrest

Jaguars RB Leonard Fournette fined $303 to resolve arrest

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...lve-arrest

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette was fined a little more than $300 to resolve a traffic violation that resulted in his arrest last month.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm pretty excited about that !

Well there goes his electricity bill money

he should hold out and ask for a $303 raise.

/runs

Good ol boys in blue. 37 in a 25 and 65 in a 45. I've seen cops do more than that just on a regular routine drive but i guess. Small fine but solve some murders or real crimes instead of pulling ppl over for minor things.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(05-21-2019, 09:06 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Good ol boys in blue.  37 in a 25 and 65 in a 45.   I've seen cops do more than that just on a regular routine drive but i guess.  Small fine but solve some murders or real crimes instead of pulling ppl over for minor things.

You realize they have separate units for traffic and investigations, right?

If you don't want a ticket, don't speed. If you speed, you risk the ticket. I'm no saint, and speed, run through lights as they are changing from yellow to red, etc. I wholly understand that if I get pulled, I am subject to a ticket.

If you have kids playing in the yard, and someone blows by at nearly 40MPH, you will absolutely take notice.

My one and only speeding ticket I ever got was in Jax on Hart rd. (just off Dunn) for doing, I wanna say it was 38 in a 30 or sum'n like that. Had just arrived in J-Ville to setup shop for the fam the week b4 from Rochester. My cousin put me on to selling Nissans for Coggin on Atlantic and it was my 1st day to report. I was like dang! Foreal officer? Just new to town, 1st day on the job and you hold me up with this? I thought he coulda given me warning. Now if they knew what I was hitting on 295 crossing over that "Bow-Tie" bridge in my 95 Saab 3000 Turbo, to get to Atlantic... Hehehe! I used to hit like 120 on approaching and crossing that bridge somedays. My bad- I went back
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(05-21-2019, 09:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 09:06 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Good ol boys in blue.  37 in a 25 and 65 in a 45.   I've seen cops do more than that just on a regular routine drive but i guess.  Small fine but solve some murders or real crimes instead of pulling ppl over for minor things.

If you don't want a ticket, don't speed. If you speed, you risk the ticket. I'm no saint, and speed, run through lights as they are changing from yellow to red, etc. I wholly understand that if I get pulled, I am subject to a ticket.

If you have kids playing in the yard, and someone blows by at nearly 40MPH, you will absolutely take notice.

Exactly. Well said. I don't even have kids and I can't stand seeing [BLEEP] flying around in our neighborhood. If you were that much in a hurry maybe you should have left 15 - 30 minutes early. Like you said. I ain't a saint by any means. But I am fully aware that if I get caught? I get caught. That's the way it goes.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 09:53 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

As info and of 5/13/2019, we only have 48 murders in Jax this year; up from 26 at this time last year.  

Many times we have a slew of police on JTB pulling over speeders.  Don't know how many police are over on Moncrief at night controlling crime.

Solving murders doesn't bring in revenues but fining speeders sure does.

http://transparency.jaxsheriff.org/HOTS/Murder

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 10:10 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(05-21-2019, 09:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Just speaking out loud and didnt think about the separate units, but at this rate "they" need all the help they can get.  You apparently missed my point of watching officers speed all day everyday with no penalty or fine but to each their own.  You think 40 is blowing by down the street so thats where i know we dont see eye to eye already.

(05-21-2019, 09:53 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

As info and of 5/13/2019, we only have 48 murders in Jax this year; up from 26 at this time last year.  

Many times we have a slew of police on JTB pulling over speeders.  Don't know how many police are over on Moncrief at night controlling crime.

Solving murders doesn't bring in revenues but fining speeders sure does.

http://transparency.jaxsheriff.org/HOTS/Murder

i work right off JTB lmao.  Thats where they do 85 and 90 but have the audacity to set speed traps for regular citizens.  Pull over the people doing 40 in the 65 causing everyone to slam on breaks and have 2 plus car pile up accidents.
EDIT: Also, i see police on Moncrief too. They pull you over too but for the sole reason of suspicion lol. Another topic for another thread. I see people blame speeding drivers that cant drive as the problem but dont include the 40 mph drivers in the fast lane smh. The ppl that can drive and speed are just slumped in that group.
Season Tix, Section 409

(05-21-2019, 10:05 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 09:21 AM)Mikey Wrote: You realize they have separate units for traffic and investigations, right?

Just speaking out loud and didnt think about the separate units, but at this rate "they" need all the help they can get.  You apparently missed my point of watching officers speed all day everyday with no penalty or fine but to each their own.  You think 40 is blowing by down the street so thats where i know we dont see eye to eye already.

in a residential neighborhood (or in a 25MPH zone), 37 is 50% faster than any other traffic should be traveling. Their reaction time, and yours, is also reduced by 50%. By calling out the cops for issuing a ticket, you're saying it's cool if everyone runs through your neighborhood at 150% of the speed limit?

I didn't miss your anecdote about officers speeding every day with no penalty. I am not going to justify myself breaking a law because anyone else does, even if they are in a position of authority.  They are accountable, and you can take issue with their speed if you'd like. I know they speed, too. I'm choosing not to cast a stone, though. And if I ever get pulled for a speed violation, I am not going to contest the action using "but copper did it too!" as my defense.

(05-21-2019, 11:55 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 10:05 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Just speaking out loud and didnt think about the separate units, but at this rate "they" need all the help they can get.  You apparently missed my point of watching officers speed all day everyday with no penalty or fine but to each their own.  You think 40 is blowing by down the street so thats where i know we dont see eye to eye already.

in a residential neighborhood (or in a 25MPH zone), 37 is 50% faster than any other traffic should be traveling. Their reaction time, and yours, is also reduced by 50%. By calling out the cops for issuing a ticket, you're saying it's cool if everyone runs through your neighborhood at 150% of the speed limit?

I didn't miss your anecdote about officers speeding every day with no penalty. I am not going to justify myself breaking a law because anyone else does, even if they are in a position of authority.  They are accountable, and you can take issue with their speed if you'd like. I know they speed, too. I'm choosing not to cast a stone, though. And if I ever get pulled for a speed violation, I am not going to contest the action using "but copper did it too!" as my defense.
True.  Not arguing any "he did it" excuses.  Just saying if someone is being wreckless then pull them over.  If someone is just going faster than the overly slow speed limit then don't be petty, thats all.  Case by case, person by person basis.
Season Tix, Section 409