Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which last-place team is biggest sleeper heading into the 2019 NFL season? NFL.com

3 out of 5 say the Jags

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000...AEA&sr=amp

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jets are the only other plausible choice. Maybe they could sneak in as a wild card. The Raiders’ division is too tough.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

There's something to be said about being the best of the worst.

(This post was last modified: 05-27-2019, 09:43 AM by Caldrac.)

I honestly like the Buccaneers out of this entire group. And it's really because of Bruce Arians. I have always been a fan of Bruce going back to his time in Pittsburgh under Cowher and Tomlin. And historically when given the head coaching title with his first year up to bat he tends to knock it right out of the park.

He took the clots 9 - 3 and back to the post season under terrible circumstances in the interim with Pagano's diagnoses. And he also had to deal with some health issues that same year. Then he elevates the Cardinals to 10 - 6 the year afterwards in a very tough NFC West division at the time. And he worked a ton of magic with pretty brutal play at the QB position due to various injuries or lack of talent overall at the position.

If anybody can fix or turnaround Jameis Winston? It's Bruce Arians. We made a mistake not going after him back in 2013.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-27-2019, 09:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I honestly like the Buccaneers out of this entire group. And it's really because of Bruce Arians. I have always been a fan of Bruce going back to his time in Pittsburgh under Cowher and Tomlin. And historically when given the head coaching title with his first year up to bat he tends to knock it right out of the park.

He took the clots 9 - 3 and back to the post season under terrible circumstances in the interim with Pagano's diagnoses. And he also had to deal with some health issues that same year. Then he elevates the Cardinals to 10  - 6 the year afterwards in a very tough NFC West division at the time. And he worked a ton of magic with pretty brutal play at the QB position due to various injuries or lack of talent overall at the position.

If anybody can fix or turnaround Jameis Winston? It's Bruce Arians. We made a mistake not going after him back in 2013.

Perhaps Winston would have worked out better, but I'm convinced Foles right now is the better quarterback.

As for the Bucs, I'm having a tough time picturing more than 4 to 5 wins for them. Same goes for most of the teams. The Jets maybe pick up 6 or 7.

As for the Jaguars, I feel we're the only logical choice among last placed teams. It's tough to picture more than 8 or 9 wins looking at the schedule, but if somehow the Texans fail to show up and the Jaguars can find a way to muster up a 10th win, I can totally see them claiming a WC spot. 
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-27-2019, 11:50 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 09:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I honestly like the Buccaneers out of this entire group. And it's really because of Bruce Arians. I have always been a fan of Bruce going back to his time in Pittsburgh under Cowher and Tomlin. And historically when given the head coaching title with his first year up to bat he tends to knock it right out of the park.

He took the clots 9 - 3 and back to the post season under terrible circumstances in the interim with Pagano's diagnoses. And he also had to deal with some health issues that same year. Then he elevates the Cardinals to 10  - 6 the year afterwards in a very tough NFC West division at the time. And he worked a ton of magic with pretty brutal play at the QB position due to various injuries or lack of talent overall at the position.

Perhaps Winston would have worked out better, but I'm convinced Foles right now is the better quarterback.

As for the Bucs, I'm having a tough time picturing more than 4 to 5 wins for them. Same goes for most of the teams. The Jets maybe pick up 6 or 7.

As for the Jaguars, I feel we're the only logical choice among last placed teams. It's tough to picture more than 8 or 9 wins looking at the schedule, but if somehow the Texans fail to show up and the Jaguars can find a way to muster up a 10th win, I can totally see them claiming a WC spot. 

He was tlaking about going after arians in 2013, not Winston. Jameis was still in college for another 2 years at that point

I saw this article earlier and I have to agree that we the Jaguars , as Cellar Dwellers, have the best opportunity to get back to being relivent in an short period of time. We have the pieces in place to play some serious CHESS.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"