Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First Pitch

One of the best ceremonial first pitches ever.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is not relevant to the thread topic but I didn't want to start another.

I've been watching the Dodgers at Red Sox games for the last couple of nights and I'm shocked by the number of Dodgers fans crowded into Fenway. I'm used to Sox fans making a significant dent in attendance at away stadiums, but not the other way around. I think it's great.

Speaking of away stadiums, I've always wanted to attend a game a Dodger Stadium. For some reason, while only seeing it on TV, it really appeals to me. Weird.

It sure is sad what's happened to baseball. Even LCS games are no longer broadcast on network TV.

I used to be addicted to baseball, well into my late 30's and 40's.

I can't watch more than a couple of innings anymore.

(10-18-2019, 09:04 AM)Rico Wrote: I used to be addicted to baseball, well into my late 30's and 40's.

Same here. I haven't watched a game in years except for parts of a couple Red Sox-Dodgers WS games last year. I can't imagine going to a MLB game and sitting through 3 hours of that.

I've been to a couple of Suns/Jumbo Shrimp games and enjoyed them- cheaper seats, sit almost anywhere, cheap/easy to get beer, faster paced games, etc. but MLB? No way.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Wow .... this thread is really picking up steam. I can do about 2 innings per game during the playoffs or perhaps a little more when the Yankees are on the verge of getting eliminated; otherwise, it's more of a click here and there to see the score and watch a batter or 2 if there is good pitching or runners on base.

I probably used to be able to name most of the players on each playoff team but now probably know a max of 2 to 3 position players per team.

(10-19-2019, 05:02 PM)PF* Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 09:04 AM)Rico Wrote: I used to be addicted to baseball, well into my late 30's and 40's.

Same here. I haven't watched a game in years except for parts of a couple Red Sox-Dodgers WS games last year. I can't imagine going to a MLB game and sitting through 3 hours of that.

I've been to a couple of Suns/Jumbo Shrimp games and enjoyed them- cheaper seats, sit almost anywhere, cheap/easy to get beer, faster paced games, etc. but MLB? No way.

Baseball isn't bad early in the game.  Late innings, when you're seeing multiple pitching changes, it's like watching paint dry.

The Suns/Jumbo Shrimp are enjoyable for all of the above reasons.  I was at the game in 2013 when the Smokies pitcher, Eric Jokish, threw a no hitter against them.  That was fun to watch and he signed a ball for my son after the game...….......another thing you don't get in MLB!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

...and there's a World Series Game 7 tonight and nobody's mentioned it. I forgot it was even on last night and doubt I'll watch any of it tonight. Unthinkable, really, given my previous lifetime fascination with with baseball.

For the record...I, too, would watch if the Yankees were facing elimination.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(10-30-2019, 07:26 AM)PF* Wrote: ...and there's a World Series Game 7 tonight and nobody's mentioned it. I forgot it was even on last night and doubt I'll watch any of it tonight. Unthinkable, really, given my previous lifetime fascination with with baseball.

For the record...I, too, would watch if the Yankees were facing elimination.

I actually watched some of it last night...only because they had it playing on the TVs while I was at my bowling league.