Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Like button

(06-04-2019, 02:39 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 08:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Sounds like a majority oppose the like button going away. Maybe to avoid hurt feelings you can keep just a "like" option and eliminate the dislike option?

If you go into the MyBB forum settings, I think the option is called "Prevent hurting the feelings of millennials living in their parents basement". Just check that checkbox and click "Save"

What's more pathetic, someone complaining about being harassed through a software feature intended to show support, or people getting so upset the feature was taken away from them they feel the need to discuss it in a THREE PAGE LONG thread.

The sad little children of this forum couldn't play nice with the toys they were given and now they're complaining about having their toys taken away from them for that very reason. Maybe next time you'll think twice about how you conduct yourself on this forum.

I would +1 this or say 'agree' but I dont want to violate COC and my rating is gone.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-04-2019, 04:13 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 03:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They go after one thing. Once its accomplished, they go after the next thing.

My money is on them eliminating the Political Forum before years end. Most of the moderators on here would prefer to silence opinions that they don't agree with.

You don't know what you're talking about, this is absolutely untrue. For one thing the balance between political views is evenly distributed among the mods, and it is mods on both ends of the political spectrum who lobbied to restore the Political Forum in the first place, and have continued making the case to keep it.

While I will not say most mods operate to silence opposing political views, seeing thread dynamics play out before mod intervention has made me wonder on occasion through the years.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

https://youtu.be/jadvt7CbH1o

You all do know how long it takes to pen an answer or reply to a reported post or +1/-1 don't you? Ain't nobody got all 10 seconds that takes for goodness sake. I would suggest that if the Mods do not have the time to moderate that THEY are the ones who should consider changing the way THEY do things online.

Buuuwwwaaaaa!!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(06-05-2019, 08:48 AM)Jagwired Wrote: You all do know how long it takes to pen an answer or reply to a reported post or +1/-1 don't you? Ain't nobody got all 10 seconds that takes for goodness sake. I would suggest that if the Mods do not have the time to moderate that THEY are the ones who should consider changing the way THEY do things online.

Buuuwwwaaaaa!!!

I wish you'd have read my prior post on this so I don't have to explain it again.

A large number of reports  are not clear CoC violations and require a group consensus to determine moderation.  These silly downvote contests fall into that territory. 

The process I'm describing for you (again) does not take 10 seconds. We do not always have 4 or 5 mods readily hovering around to decide who called who a bad name first and which child deserves a timeout. 

When the board is busy (like during the recent draft) we don't want or need a bunch of this idiocy jamming up our moderation queue of duties.

If so many posters didn't treat the feature like 3rd graders insulting one another on the playground it would still exist. 

[Image: UnkemptAcceptableAmericancreamdraft-size_restricted.gif]

(06-05-2019, 08:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wish you'd have read my prior post on this so I don't have to explain it again.

A large number of reports  are not clear CoC violations and require a group consensus to determine moderation.  These silly downvote contests fall into that territory. 

The process I'm describing for you (again) does not take 10 seconds. We do not always have 4 or 5 mods readily hovering around to decide who called who a bad name first and which child deserves a timeout. 

When the board is busy (like during the recent draft) we don't want or need a bunch of this idiocy jamming up our moderation queue of duties.

If so many posters didn't treat the feature like 3rd graders insulting one another on the playground it would still exist. 

You needed not explain anything again. I simply do not believe that there was a large amount of abuse of the function happening. Anyone who reads the board regularly knows who was involved in the +1/-1 squabbles. But i am glad you had the time to explain it. Again.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(06-05-2019, 09:20 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 08:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I wish you'd have read my prior post on this so I don't have to explain it again.

You needed not explain anything again. I simply do not believe that there was a large amount of abuse of the function happening. Anyone who reads the board regularly knows who was involved in the +1/-1 squabbles. But i am glad you had the time to explain it. Again.

You're mistaken in your assumption.

(06-05-2019, 09:57 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 09:20 AM)Jagwired Wrote: You needed not explain anything again. I simply do not believe that there was a large amount of abuse of the function happening. Anyone who reads the board regularly knows who was involved in the +1/-1 squabbles. But i am glad you had the time to explain it. Again.

You're mistaken in your assumption.

I, for one, have gone MAD WITH POWER. MAD I TELL YOU! MAD WITH A MODERATE AMOUNT OF POWER!

(06-05-2019, 08:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 08:48 AM)Jagwired Wrote: You all do know how long it takes to pen an answer or reply to a reported post or +1/-1 don't you? Ain't nobody got all 10 seconds that takes for goodness sake. I would suggest that if the Mods do not have the time to moderate that THEY are the ones who should consider changing the way THEY do things online.

Buuuwwwaaaaa!!!

I wish you'd have read my prior post on this so I don't have to explain it again.

Or you could, you know, just not moderate the pushing of a button and tell Reporters to stop with the frivolous reports.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk

(06-05-2019, 10:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Or you could, you know, just not moderate the pushing of a button and tell Reporters to stop with the frivolous reports.

Or take away the report button...  Ninja

(06-05-2019, 11:04 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: https://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk

“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement.” ― C.J. Redwine, 
Defiance
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-05-2019, 10:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

I can only speak for myself, but I for one will never forget how skull x-wing man had over 500 reputation points.  It will live in my memory for all time. And now it can never be altered!  I hope that makes you feel better.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-03-2019, 04:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Regarding the feature and why it was removed.

A VERY small percentage of our users felt like it was a way to "get back" at other users that they either didn't agree with or simply dislike for whatever reason.  Along with that came the many reports that mods/admins have to read and evaluate every day.

We aren't babysitters.  We run/moderate this board for our users to communicate with one another.  We do this on our own time and don't get paid once cent to do it.

Our admin/mod team discussed this issue and decided that it wasn't worth our time to field the many reports/complaints regarding the "feature" on this message board and elected to turn the "feature" off.  So I turned the "feature" off.  My answer to people that really liked the feature and really want it back is this.  If you want "likes" and "follows" there are other social media platforms available that have that "feature".  If you are one of the ones that used the "report" feature on this board regarding this, feel free to PM me personally.

The thing to understand is this message board is run/moderated by normal average Jaguars fans.

My personal opinion.  If "likes" or "reputation" is that important to you then perhaps you should un-plug and get off of any form of social media for a while.  There is a big huge world outside and sometimes the best relationships are developed by interacting face-to-face or even via a phone call.  Words typed on a phone or a keyboard is NOT interacting with other people and "likes" or "reputation" doesn't say anything about anyone and should not be something that they use to measure their self-worth or self-esteem.

Regarding the Political Forum.

It's not going to go away plain and simple.  Some of us are adults and wish to discuss some of today's politics with one another (even though it's via keyboard and not face-to-face).  Politics is a touchy subject, yet it is something that is important to discuss (my opinion).  Nobody is REQUIRED to view and/or participate in any of the discussions including the moderators and admins.  This was discussed among the mod/admin team and the mods/admins have the freedom to moderate or not the discussions there.  The sub-forum falls under the same rules as any other sub-forum on this board.

My final note.

If you don't like a policy here on this board and think that it needs to be changed, PM me and we can discuss it.  If I feel that it is valid I will present your concern with the rest of the admin/mod team.  As far as posts being deleted from this or any other thread, a mod/admin made the choice to do it and I back them for their decision.  If I or any other mod feels like it was a wrong decision we have a way to discuss it.  Once again, PM me and I will look into it.

wish I had one last thumbs up for this post, jIb. You and the mods do well to keep this board from devolving into a cesspool that many online forums become. We're very fortunate that this place even exists.

Hopefully the admins and mods can remain encouraged and passionate enough to keep the ship afloat.

Praise mod Ninja

(06-05-2019, 11:20 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 10:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Or you could, you know, just not moderate the pushing of a button and tell Reporters to stop with the frivolous reports.

I can only speak for myself, but I for one will never forget how skull x-wing man had over 500 reputation points.  It will live in my memory for all time. And now it can never be altered!  I hope that makes you feel better.

Man that really chaps your [BLEEP] doesn't it?  Rolleyes

(06-05-2019, 11:31 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 04:51 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Regarding the feature and why it was removed.

A VERY small percentage of our users felt like it was a way to "get back" at other users that they either didn't agree with or simply dislike for whatever reason.  Along with that came the many reports that mods/admins have to read and evaluate every day.

We aren't babysitters.  We run/moderate this board for our users to communicate with one another.  We do this on our own time and don't get paid once cent to do it.

Our admin/mod team discussed this issue and decided that it wasn't worth our time to field the many reports/complaints regarding the "feature" on this message board and elected to turn the "feature" off.  So I turned the "feature" off.  My answer to people that really liked the feature and really want it back is this.  If you want "likes" and "follows" there are other social media platforms available that have that "feature".  If you are one of the ones that used the "report" feature on this board regarding this, feel free to PM me personally.

The thing to understand is this message board is run/moderated by normal average Jaguars fans.

My personal opinion.  If "likes" or "reputation" is that important to you then perhaps you should un-plug and get off of any form of social media for a while.  There is a big huge world outside and sometimes the best relationships are developed by interacting face-to-face or even via a phone call.  Words typed on a phone or a keyboard is NOT interacting with other people and "likes" or "reputation" doesn't say anything about anyone and should not be something that they use to measure their self-worth or self-esteem.

Regarding the Political Forum.

It's not going to go away plain and simple.  Some of us are adults and wish to discuss some of today's politics with one another (even though it's via keyboard and not face-to-face).  Politics is a touchy subject, yet it is something that is important to discuss (my opinion).  Nobody is REQUIRED to view and/or participate in any of the discussions including the moderators and admins.  This was discussed among the mod/admin team and the mods/admins have the freedom to moderate or not the discussions there.  The sub-forum falls under the same rules as any other sub-forum on this board.

My final note.

If you don't like a policy here on this board and think that it needs to be changed, PM me and we can discuss it.  If I feel that it is valid I will present your concern with the rest of the admin/mod team.  As far as posts being deleted from this or any other thread, a mod/admin made the choice to do it and I back them for their decision.  If I or any other mod feels like it was a wrong decision we have a way to discuss it.  Once again, PM me and I will look into it.

wish I had one last thumbs up for this post, jIb. You and the mods do well to keep this board from devolving into a cesspool that many online forums become. We're very fortunate that this place even exists.

Hopefully the admins and mods can remain encouraged and passionate enough to keep the ship afloat.

Praise mod Ninja

I second this. Take the time to check out the message boards of other teams. Most are obscenity-filled bastions of low brow malcontent *cough, cough, tacks*. There’s a reason so many fans of other teams are regulars here.

(06-05-2019, 11:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 11:20 AM)mikesez Wrote: I can only speak for myself, but I for one will never forget how skull x-wing man had over 500 reputation points.  It will live in my memory for all time. And now it can never be altered!  I hope that makes you feel better.

Man that really chaps your [BLEEP] doesn't it?  Rolleyes

Do you want it to?
Would it make you happier if I said yes, or if I said no?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-05-2019, 12:56 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 11:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Man that really chaps your [BLEEP] doesn't it?  Rolleyes

Do you want it to?

let it go

no, really...

...let it go

(06-05-2019, 12:56 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 11:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Man that really chaps your [BLEEP] doesn't it?  Rolleyes

Do you want it to?

I guess I'd definitely say maybe, but perhaps might be the better word. You've really done a good job of diverting yet another thread into your psychological issues about my rep points (and really it's more about your lack thereof), so good on ya I guess? I'm sure the mods will close this one down soon too, and I can't really blame them now that we've established that the criteria for eliminating board features is how much discomfort you can cause the Mod team.

+1!

(06-05-2019, 01:35 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 12:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: Do you want it to?

I guess I'd definitely say maybe, but perhaps might be the better word. You've really done a good job of diverting yet another thread into your psychological issues about my rep points (and really it's more about your lack thereof), so good on ya I guess? I'm sure the mods will close this one down soon too, and I can't really blame them now that we've established that the criteria for eliminating board features is how much discomfort you can cause the Mod team.

+1!
You're pretty ungrateful man.

This board was completely shutdown and then the mods/admins worked their tails off to bring this place back..... Just so you can basically insult people in the political section.

If it was just about discomfort, I'm sure 100's of people would be banned from this board.