Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With Foles making all these pinpoint throws in mini-camp...

(07-03-2019, 11:44 AM)Upper Wrote: Simms says Bortles is the worst starting QB in the NFL...torches and pitchforks!

Simms says Foles is the 16th best QB in the NFL but really 10-12 through 16 are about the same...preach it brother!

Absolutely no one said that, though.  I've seen not one post touting Simms uninspiring opinion.
 Everyone has continued the exact same narrative on Foles they were on before I posted that link. 

Surely you can try a bit harder to forward your negative narrative on Foles without putting words in others’ mouths.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-03-2019, 11:44 AM)Upper Wrote: Simms says Bortles is the worst starting QB in the NFL...torches and pitchforks!

Simms says Foles is the 16th best QB in the NFL but really 10-12 through 16 are about the same...preach it brother!

Why is it that you feel the need to continually exaggerate or just flat-out make [BLEEP] up?  I'm curious.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2019, 11:08 PM by Predator.)

(07-03-2019, 09:30 AM)Kane Wrote:
(07-02-2019, 02:44 PM)Predator Wrote: When was Dilfer the MVP of a championship? What all time record does Dilfer hold?

If throwing 7TDs is something an average player can do, then why are the only other players in the last 50 years to accomplish this are Peyton Manning and Drew Brees?
All 3 hold the record and are Superbowl MVPs. Very average accomplishments.

Don't strain yourself moving those goal posts...
I said Dilfer was a champion.

The question here is, can average QBs accomplish "great" things. Set records. Win championships and MVPs.
I listed a few examples of all of it.
I said my list contained one or two average guys, then proved that it did.
Never did I say Manning or Brees were average.

And if I had to bet, I'd bet 7 TDs becomes a more likely feat as the game moves that way.
And I'd bet Brees could do it again and Foles likely never would.

Previously I named a Superbowl MVP who was average in Rypien.
Eli Manning won Superbowl MVP and while he was certainly spectacular in those playoffs, he was pretty average most of his career and a lot during the regular season.
Now I wouldn't exactly call Eli average... but maybe only 'above average'

We're splitting hairs here, unless you actually think Foles is some great QB or the next coming.
He's average with peaks of greatness.
But he's had seasons of awful play too. So buyer beware is all I'm saying. Everyone thinks he's the ticket to the big game... I just don't see it.
Not that we can't get there, we just won't get there, because of him.
However, unlike Bortles we won't get there, in spite of him.

Moving the goal post? I was discussing Foles MVP and 7 TDs and how most other players with 7 TDs have championships and you bring up Dilfer as if he is part of that company. Don't trip over your red herring.

Rypien was voted All Pro and was a 2 time probowler during his injury plagued career. Joe Gibbs said he was the greatest deep passer he had ever seen.

It seems you have an extremely distorted idea of what average actuality is.

(07-03-2019, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 09:41 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:

Oh lord... are people still hanging onto the B-train?

I thought I was one of the last ones off...
Guess there will always be those who can't admit they were wrong about a guy.

(Bad coaching and game management certainly were an issue, but let's not pretend that Bortles was often drug to the finish line in most of our wins. I loved his heart and grit and his team first fall on the sword attitude. But as a QB he left a lot to be desired and ultimately broke my heart lol you should move on like the majority of us have)
I was literally in the caboose. He had it all except between the ears I think.

Hoping for some inspiring QB play.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah as really hope he can come down clutch. And that is why we are paying him the money for it.
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

(07-04-2019, 02:13 AM)Passepartout Wrote: Yeah as really hope he can come down clutch. And that is why we are paying him the money for it.

That and his incredible pinpoint deep accuracy with the most beautiful spirals.
'02