Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
With Foles making all these pinpoint throws in mini-camp...

The following is week 16 against the Texans, and it's the full condensed game. The game also gives us a little insight on Alfred Blue.

There's a concerning play about the 11-minute mark, although there's an encouraging play around the 16:30 mark. There's also an INT just after the 23:30 mark, but then there's a can't-miss throw at the 28-minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eIcTTaK2W0
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-07-2019, 05:21 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 05:07 PM)NH3 Wrote: If BB5 was better than NF7, we wouldn't have signed him. BB5 would still be our QB.

NH3...

I beg to differ.  Just based on our track record of letting some players go that we see as expendable, only to see them shine somewhere else.  QB, not so much, but other positions yes.  Just shows how bad we've been at QB and just rode it out.

I know of few players that we released to which started for another team and had success. Yes, players have gone on to other teams and the team had success but it wasn't contributed to that one individual, i.e. Brunell, M. Lewis, MJD, Leftwich, etc. Even Allen isn't lighting it up in Chi-Town. I only see BB5 getting playing time due to multiple injuries at the respective position. 

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(06-07-2019, 01:07 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 12:32 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I'm completely ok with writing off every year for any player coached by Jeff Fisher

but foles was an average/low end starter this past year with Doug Pederson too

If you rely on paper stats, maybe.  

If you followed the Eagles' season closely (I watched every game) you would see that what he did this past season was nothing short of remarkable.  

He basically came in and saved the Eagles' season (it was on life support at the time....something like a 15% chance of making the playoffs) winning 4 (win or the season is over) games in a row before losing in the divisional round on a perfect pass that went right through Alshon Jeffery's hands.  

There isn't an Eagles fan on the planet that would describe Foles' season with the Eagles as an "average/low end starter" type of year.

Nick wasn't the reason eagles lost. If not for Brandon Brooks going down and alshon dropping that pass I have no doubt he would have led us back to the Superbowl. The guy has always been clutch. He will have a few [BLEEP] moments where he holds it too long or sails one but with the game on the line there are very few QBs I would trust more.

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2019, 09:55 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(06-10-2019, 04:52 PM)Ace Nova Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 01:07 PM)JackCity Wrote: but foles was an average/low end starter this past year with Doug Pederson too

If you rely on paper stats, maybe.  

If you followed the Eagles' season closely (I watched every game) you would see that what he did this past season was nothing short of remarkable.  

He basically came in and saved the Eagles' season (it was on life support at the time....something like a 15% chance of making the playoffs) winning 4 (win or the season is over) games in a row before losing in the divisional round on a perfect pass that went right through Alshon Jeffery's hands.  

There isn't an Eagles fan on the planet that would describe Foles' season with the Eagles as an "average/low end starter" type of year.

Foles is decent but don't take it too far.  I know some dedicated Eagles fans who call it like it is.  Foles is ok and has had more downs than ups, but his ups have been tremendous.  He's a guy who will have some big games when everything is near perfect but is also INT prone and hears footsteps when pressured consistently.  Thats from Eagles fans' themselves so i guess they're just delusional.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(06-11-2019, 06:54 AM)bigdnick Wrote: Nick wasn't the reason eagles lost. If not for Brandon Brooks going down and alshon dropping that pass I have no doubt he would have led us back to the Superbowl. The guy has always been clutch. He will have a few [BLEEP] moments where he holds it too long or sails one but with the game on the line there are very few QBs I would trust more.

I see that your an NF7 follower. Are you now an Jaguar fan or are you simply here for the conversation(s)? 

No Pun intended.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I think most eagles fans now have the jags as a team to root for in the AFC. Will be forever grateful to Foles. He literally entered God mode for 2 games and won us a Superbowl. Even his first run in Philly under chip Kelly he led us on game winning drive in his only playoff game. Defense couldn't hold.

(06-11-2019, 01:07 PM)bignick Wrote: I think most eagles fans now have the jags as a team to root for in the AFC.  Will be forever grateful to Foles. He literally entered God mode for 2 games and won us a Superbowl. Even his first run in Philly under chip Kelly he led us on game winning drive in his only playoff game.  Defense couldn't hold.

Cant disagree with that.  Foles did what you can only dream of from your backup QB.  I hope he has more "God mode" games here in Jax but will temper my expectations based on the odds of it happening twice in 2 different locations.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(06-11-2019, 09:55 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 04:52 PM)Ace Nova Wrote: If you rely on paper stats, maybe.  

Foles is decent but don't take it too far.  I know some dedicated Eagles fans who call it like it is.  Foles is ok and has had more downs than ups, but his ups have been tremendous.  He's a guy who will have some big games when everything is near perfect but is also INT prone and hears footsteps when pressured consistently.  Thats from Eagles fans' themselves so i guess they're just delusional.

I think his INT prone days are behind him. Over the past three seasons, Foles has thrown for 15 TDs and 6 INTs. 
'02

(06-11-2019, 09:55 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 04:52 PM)Ace Nova Wrote: If you rely on paper stats, maybe.  

Not sure where you heard that but there was a stat showing that Foles was one of the top QB's in the NFL when under pressure.  It's actually the opposite of what you're implying.  He's at his very best in high pressure situations and has been pretty much his entire tenure with the Eagles...especially the past 2 seasons.

(06-11-2019, 03:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 09:55 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Foles is decent but don't take it too far.  I know some dedicated Eagles fans who call it like it is.  Foles is ok and has had more downs than ups, but his ups have been tremendous.  He's a guy who will have some big games when everything is near perfect but is also INT prone and hears footsteps when pressured consistently.  Thats from Eagles fans' themselves so i guess they're just delusional.

I think his INT prone days are behind him. Over the past three seasons, Foles has thrown for 15 TDs and 6 INTs. 

Nothing gets me more excited than a QB who has thrown a whopping 15 TD passes over the past 3 seasons...

(06-11-2019, 03:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 09:55 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Foles is decent but don't take it too far.  I know some dedicated Eagles fans who call it like it is.  Foles is ok and has had more downs than ups, but his ups have been tremendous.  He's a guy who will have some big games when everything is near perfect but is also INT prone and hears footsteps when pressured consistently.  Thats from Eagles fans' themselves so i guess they're just delusional.

That's a grand total of 9 starts and 350 passes. We haven't seen enough over the last 3 seasons to make any definitive statements.

(06-22-2019, 10:53 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 03:13 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I think his INT prone days are behind him. Over the past three seasons, Foles has thrown for 15 TDs and 6 INTs. 

Nothing gets me more excited than a QB who has thrown a whopping 15 TD passes over the past 3 seasons...

Here's something to get you excited. Foles is 4 and 2 in the playoffs, with 11 TDs to 5 Ints and 2 4th quarter game winning drives.

He's also 26 and 18 as a starter over his career and that includes 5 losses his rookie year and 7 more in that god awful, fisher-led Rams year. He's 21-6 as a starter otherwise.

Last year he was 4-1 with a 72% completion number.

This guy has the tools and brain to play the position, and he's got the moxie to play it well on the big stage. If he's even NFL average this year (and that would be a regression at this point) then this team is a playoff team.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2019, 06:23 PM by NH3.)

NF7 is proven to say the least. I actually wanted us to draft an QB to be the face of our franchise but NF7 has come in and taken control of our team. I Love his leadership and he's exactly who we need at the position at this point and time.

I'm All In w/respect to NF7.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Calling Nick Foles proven when he has 1.5 good seasons to his name at the age of 30 and has never played over 13 games in a season is odd

[Image: nvXwQ.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-23-2019, 02:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: Calling Nick Foles proven when he has 1.5 good seasons to his name at the age of 30 and has never played over 13 games in a season is odd

Foles has proven himself on the biggest of stages.
'02

Even if NF7 is another Garrard (I think he's already better than that) That's enough with our Defense and running game to make a title run.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(06-23-2019, 04:14 PM)Firesky Wrote: Even if NF7 is another Garrard (I think he's already better than that) That's enough with our Defense and running game to make a title run.

That's an apples-and-oranges comparison. NF7 has nothing on Garrard when it comes to running ability, but Garrard has nothing on NF7 when it comes to deep throwing accuracy. Beyond about 20 yards downfield, Garrard would only hit sideline passes or the occasional strike to guy wide open due to blown coverage.
'02

(06-23-2019, 02:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: Calling Nick Foles proven when he has 1.5 good seasons to his name at the age of 30 and has never played over 13 games in a season is odd

As I've done, you have to look at the overall picture w/respect to NF7's recent accomplishments. If one cannot see the proven abilities in NF7, one is blind in both eyes. Now I do understand that we have a tendency to be negative until the positive slaps us in the face but if NF7 wasn't proven we would Not have given him $20,000,000.00 yearly.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"