Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SEC Alcohol Sales

I believe I heard that UGA will not participate in this new endeavor. Curious if anyone has heard how the FL-GA game will handle sales.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Did the ban affect the FL-GA game?

Seems like since it was an off campus site they would have sold alcohol at that one.

Bama and Auburn have not said they will start selling alcohol yet either.
I get that it's a slippery slope with potential underage drinking. But I don't see how schools can pass up the $

They stopped alcohol sales at the FL-GA game, I believe, back in the 80's. They are talking about it now.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-flori...DzIzh2UKL/

(06-14-2019, 02:56 PM)shadowjag01 Wrote: They stopped alcohol sales at the FL-GA game, I believe, back in the 80's. They are talking about it now.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-flori...DzIzh2UKL/

Ah, I see. (I've never been.)

Always heard about the alcohol sales ban... never been too fond of it, though I understand wanting to limit stupid underage kids from getting drunk.
But its money lost no matter how you cut it.

I don't think I could go to a sporting event without brewskies. Especially a Jags game that tend to get depressing lol

Georgia Tech actually offers alcohol sales for those in the club seats, as well as providing 2 complementary drink tickets to each person holding a club seat ticket. Luckily, most people that went to GT are more interested in fluid dynamics and Matlab code so I can pick up good seats for a reasonable price (~$100) and find some extra drink tickets floating around.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!