Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I was looking at Jimmy Smith’s stats today

(06-18-2019, 10:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 01:01 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: His stats from 1996-2001 are very interesting. Everyone says Boselli's dominance during his relatively brief career merit him entering the HOF. On that basis, Jimmy Smith deserves more consideration than he has received. If he had some double-digit touchdown seasons, his chances of getting to Canton would have been much higher. I still say he was the greatest Jaguar ever. Even when double-teamed, the guy couldn't be covered while in his prime. His record-breaking game against the Ravens dominant defense was the greatest performance in Jaguars history.

I agree with everything you said except for your last sentence.

Taylor had 190 and 2 at halftime against Miami. If he would have played the the entire game he would have scored 5 TDs with 300 yards rushing. And it was our first home playoff game ever.

However Jimmys Baltimore game is up there and debatable. I guess it comes down to your own opinion.

Some top all time performances are

1 Jimmys 291 at Balt 
2 Fred’s 234 and 4 at Pitt
3 James Stewart 5 TDs vs Eagles in 1997
4 Means 181 vs Denver (or Buf)
5 Barker’s coffin punts vs Balt in that 6-3 game
6 Our defense on MNF vs Steeler 9-0
7 Keenan’s 18 receptions against the Rams
8 Fournette’s 191 at Pitt 
9 Blackmon’s 200 yard day up in Houston 
10 MJD 303 all purpose yards vs Colts
11 Mathis games against Steelers 
12 Clyde Simmons up in Buff in our first playoff game 
13 Fowler’s game up in NE AFC title game 

Probably forgetting a lot more

I'm wondering about some of the defensive performance like John Henderson's 3-sack game and Telvin's Smith game where he kept picking up fumbles and scoring. Ramsey's 2-INT game to clinch the victory over the Colts this past December is another.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-21-2019, 03:23 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 10:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I agree with everything you said except for your last sentence.

Taylor had 190 and 2 at halftime against Miami. If he would have played the the entire game he would have scored 5 TDs with 300 yards rushing. And it was our first home playoff game ever.

However Jimmys Baltimore game is up there and debatable. I guess it comes down to your own opinion.

Some top all time performances are

1 Jimmys 291 at Balt 
2 Fred’s 234 and 4 at Pitt
3 James Stewart 5 TDs vs Eagles in 1997
4 Means 181 vs Denver (or Buf)
5 Barker’s coffin punts vs Balt in that 6-3 game
6 Our defense on MNF vs Steeler 9-0
7 Keenan’s 18 receptions against the Rams
8 Fournette’s 191 at Pitt 
9 Blackmon’s 200 yard day up in Houston 
10 MJD 303 all purpose yards vs Colts
11 Mathis games against Steelers 
12 Clyde Simmons up in Buff in our first playoff game 
13 Fowler’s game up in NE AFC title game 

Probably forgetting a lot more

I'm wondering about some of the defensive performance like John Henderson's 3-sack game and Telvin's Smith game where he kept picking up fumbles and scoring. Ramsey's 2-INT game to clinch the victory over the Colts this past December is another.

Off the top of my head, I would have to say Smiths game vs the Browns might be up there. I think he had a pick 6 and a fumble recovery in the end zone for another 6.

How about Derek Cox’s first start vs Peyton Manning. Didn’t he have 2 picks and a fumble recovery in his first couple of series?

I think Jack and Poz both had a couple of 18 tackle games. But they don’t stick out like the ones already mentioned.

Taylor’s 1999 Miami game has to be up there if it wasn’t already mentioned. 

Also the 375 Indy game where Alvin Pearman was 22 yards away from being our 3rd player to have 100 yards rushing in a single game. Taylor and MJD cracked 100 and in comes ol Al Pearman.

How about Derek Landri’s game vs Pittsburgh. I think he had a couple of sacks and an interception.

Mercedes Lewis’ game vs the Ravens over in London where he scored 3 TDs. 

For some reason I remember more games from the 90s.

Anybody else got any?

I remember Stacey Mack's 3TD game against the Jets. Guy only had like 75 rushing yards but he was a PLOW

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2019, 04:19 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Jimmy Smith vs Terrell Owens

Smith - 6 Pro Bowls
Owens - 6 Pro Bowls

Smith - 1 All Pro
Owens - 1 All Pro

Smith - 1 200 yard game
Owens - 2 200 yard games

Smith - 116 receptions (most in a season)
Owens - 100 receptions (most in a season)

(06-27-2019, 04:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jimmy Smith vs Terrell Owens

Smith - 6 Pro Bowls
Owens - 6 Pro Bowls

Smith - 1 All Pro
Owens - 1 All Pro

Smith - 1 200 yard game
Owens - 2 200 yard games

Nice, but I'll still take Owens and his TDs you selectively left out over Jimmy.
'02

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 02:22 AM by JagFanatic24.)

(06-28-2019, 01:14 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 04:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Jimmy Smith vs Terrell Owens

Smith - 6 Pro Bowls
Owens - 6 Pro Bowls

Smith - 1 All Pro
Owens - 1 All Pro

Smith - 1 200 yard game
Owens - 2 200 yard games

Nice, but I'll still take Owens and his TDs you selectively left out over Jimmy.

Yeah I had to leave the TDs out of this one. On another note, did you guys know Stacey Mack scored 9 TDs in back to back seasons for the Jaguars? 18 TDs in 2 seasons is pretty good for a RB2. 

Then he went on to sign with the Texans. 

I enjoy looking back at old stats. Especially in 1998 when Fred Taylor scored 17 TDs. That same year vs the Dolphins, Tavian Banks had 9 rushes for 75 yards in a 28-21.

Oh what could have been. Taylor missed a lot of games and Banks could have outrushed Stacey Mack.

(06-28-2019, 11:38 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 01:14 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Nice, but I'll still take Owens and his TDs you selectively left out over Jimmy.

Yeah I had to leave the TDs out of this one. On another note, did you guys know Stacey Mack scored 9 TDs in back to back seasons for the Jaguars? 18 TDs in 2 seasons is pretty good for a RB2. 

I enjoy looking back at old stats. Especially in 1998 when Fred Taylor scored 17 TDs. That same year vs the Dolphins, Tavian Banks had 9 rushes for 75 yards in a 28-21.

Oh what could have been. Taylor missed a lot of games and Banks could have outrushed Stacey Mack.

Mack was a beast in those short-yard situations like near the goal line. The back RB I miss is Fu, as in the guy who came over the from Steelers. He'd come off the bench and bust out a 10-yard run.
'02

(06-29-2019, 03:02 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 11:38 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yeah I had to leave the TDs out of this one. On another note, did you guys know Stacey Mack scored 9 TDs in back to back seasons for the Jaguars? 18 TDs in 2 seasons is pretty good for a RB2. 

Mack was a beast in those short-yard situations like near the goal line. The back RB I miss is Fu, as in the guy who came over the from Steelers. He'd come off the bench and bust out a 10-yard run.

I thought Fu was a great pick up from back in the day. Hard nose runner.

Speaking of runners, did you guys know Fred Taylor had 613 playoff rushing yards? Taylor played in 8 playoff games and rushed for 613 yards and scored 4 TDs.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2019, 11:21 PM by JagFanatic24.)

If anybody has any interesting Jaguars stats, add them here.

Did you know Campbell has 81.5 career sacks? 25 of them came as a Jaguar. He has also played in 12 playoff games throughout his career but he has 0 sacks in the playoffs.

Campbell currently needs 18.5 sacks to reach 100. Maybe he does it this year.

Last year was his career high in tackles, both solo and combined with 73.

He also posted career highs in QB hits the past 2 years. 2017 he had 30 and last year he had 22. Had a career high 22 then improved to 30.

This guy is just getting better with age. He is still only 32 years old. He still has plenty left. He’s only missed 6 games his entire career and has played in all 32 games as a Jag.

Man Campbell could go down as an all time Jaguar if he stays with us for a couple more seasons. Much like a McCardell, only on defense.