Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which Jaguars WR will become elite thanks to Nick Foles?

Obviously, no WR becomes elite without having talent, but Nick Foles has an uncanny knack of elevating the play of the skill players around him. I've watched almost every game Foles has played since college, and there's always one guy that seems to emerge from the pack when they're playing alongside Nick.

Juron Criner: While playing at Arizona, Foles hooked up with Juron Criner, who went from an 8 catch season to 45 and 73 catches when playing alongside Foles. This was good enough to get Criner drafted by the Raiders in the 5th round in 2012. He is currently in the CFL.

Riley Cooper: In his first three years in the league, Cooper caught 46 passes. In his first year with Foles under center, he caught 47, got a new contract and caught 55 the next season (although Foles only played in 8 games due to injury). After Foles left, Cooper caught 21 passes in 2015 and was out of the league the next year.

Alshon Jeffery: Jeffery had decent years in 2017 and 2018, but the consensus among most Philly fans was that he would never become a #1 receiver. That is until he started playing alongside Foles. In the playoffs, Jeffery's YPC went up from 13 to 18 in  2017. In 2018, Jeffery made clutch catch after clutch catch in the playoffs (except the last one) and firmly established himself as the #1 receiver in Phiily going into 2019.

So, who will be the Jaguars receiver who breaks out and takes advantage of Foles ability to make the players around him better?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't really think any become elite necessarily.

But your best candidates are:
1. Westbrook (playmaker)
2. Chark    (deep threat)
3. Cole     (gets open for good YPA when hands are working)
3b. Conley   (fast w/ some size - chemistry w/Foles)
4. Lee
5. Pryor

If we were including tight ends, I'd put Oliver in the middle somewhere on that list.

What? If anyone on the team were elite they'd have been elite with Bortles throwing to them, too.

I doubt the stats of anyone improve more than 15-20% except for maybe Chark since he's only on his second year. Some of the guys could be good, but Allen Robinson should have been tagged and signed last year, he would have been the elite wr the team has barely had since Jimmy retired.

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2019, 01:04 PM by snowwolf776.)

none,jags don't have a elite WR. Foles isn't that great of a qb. to make a WR great. payton manning did that with Thomas cause hes a great qb, brady has done the same thing with WR on the pats. again foles is highly overrated as a nfl QB. just cause he won 1 super bowl.

still the same time though his personsity his family values are exceelent and as a team leader he great at that. whole time he had to take off in camp he kept in touch with team. I RESPECT him for that.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(06-18-2019, 01:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: What? If anyone on the team were elite they'd have been elite with Bortles throwing to them, too.

I doubt the stats of anyone improve more than 15-20% except for maybe Chark since he's only on his second year. Some of the guys could be good, but Allen Robinson should have been tagged and signed last year, he would have been the elite wr the team has barely had since Jimmy retired.

It's hard to be elite or even average when the ball is 4 yards behind you or skipped to you off the dirt.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

In 30 years people will still be talking about the Foles-Conley connection as they currently do about Montana to Rice.

Whoever we draft in the first round next year. Jeudy hopefully.

(06-18-2019, 02:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Whoever we draft in the first round next year. Jeudy hopefully.

I'm tired of drafting in the Top 10 Sad

(06-18-2019, 02:21 PM)Upper Wrote: Whoever we draft in the first round next year. Jeudy hopefully.

Jerry Jeudy will most likely be a top 5 pick, I dont see us picking that high

LOL! Foles isn't making any WR elite.

And Jeffery's best seasons were with the Bears and Jay Cutler at QB. Foles doesn't have jack [BLEEP] to do with him being good.

Selecting a receiver to suddenly become elite just because NF7 is throwing them the ball is senseless. A receiver will have to attain several scenarios to suddenly become elite.

1.) Consistently catch the ball.
2.) YAC
3.) Remain healthy.
4.) Route running.
5.) Chemistry w/NF7.

If one of our receivers suddenly become elite, all of the above must take place.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Elite? hahahahahahahahaha

Conley and Cark could surprise, the others will not be much different.

Marquise lee will be our best receiver. But not elite. I’m expecting around 1100 yards and 8 tds. If he stays healthy..Westbrook will be a close 2nd in stats.

(06-18-2019, 10:33 PM)spmakros Wrote: Marquise lee will be our best receiver. But not elite. I’m expecting around 1100 yards and 8 tds. If he stays healthy..Westbrook will be a close 2nd in stats.

I will bet you anything Lee won’t get 1100 yards and 8 TDs.

He’s a Mike Thomas type of WR. 800 and 3 every year.

The only guy that is worth even discussing in this thread is maybe Westbrook or Pryor.

(06-19-2019, 01:14 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 10:33 PM)spmakros Wrote: Marquise lee will be our best receiver. But not elite. I’m expecting around 1100 yards and 8 tds. If he stays healthy..Westbrook will be a close 2nd in stats.

I will bet you anything Lee won’t get 1100 yards and 8 TDs.

The only guy that is worth even discussing in this thread is maybe Westbrook or Pryor.

Lee got nearly 900 yards playing mostly as a 3rd receiver in 2016 with Blake "Find the First Option or Run" Bortles throwing him the ball. He certainly is capable of getting 1100 if he's on the field more and is playing with a competent QB. Will he? The big question is health and how his recovery is going.

I don't think we've had an elite receiver on this roster in recent years, include Hurns and Robinson. Both Dede and Lee have the potential to be very good receivers though. I also like Cole if he can figure out how to eliminate the mistakes. Jury's out on Chark.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-19-2019, 06:59 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 01:14 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I will bet you anything Lee won’t get 1100 yards and 8 TDs.

Lee got nearly 900 yards playing mostly as a 3rd receiver in 2016 with Blake "Find the First Option or Run" Bortles throwing him the ball. He certainly is capable of getting 1100 if he's on the field more and is playing with a competent QB. Will he? The big question is health and how his recovery is going.

I don't think we've had an elite receiver on this roster in recent years, include Hurns and Robinson. Both Dede and Lee have the potential to be very good receivers though. I also like Cole if he can figure out how to eliminate the mistakes. Jury's out on Chark.

He'd have to vastly improve his route running and hands to crack 1100 yards for us.

His best shot of it is if everyone is injured and he gets a Kelvin Benjamin type rookie year target load

I think Keelan Cole is a name we will say with increasing excitement this year.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2019, 03:54 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Crap --- I hate when I find bad stuff

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nick-foles

I was researching "Foles WRs" to see how he improved WRs.  This article written on June 5, 2015 is titled Kenny Britt, Jared Cook: Rams WRs 'love' Nick Foles.  It goes on to state the following:

* "We love him," wide receiver Kenny Britt said, via the Associated Press, after Rams OTAs opened on Thursday. "Great deep ball, he puts it on the money every time.
* "He can throw every pass in the book."
* Tight end Jared Cook was similarly effusive in his praise.
* "I'm so glad he's here. I love that he's here," Cook said Friday, via the team's official website. "I love what he brings to us, and I love the fact that he's just an up tempo, positive guy."
* Coach Jeff Fisher added that the coaching staff has "just really been pleased" with their new quarterback.

Lol .... Foles went on to throw 7 TDs, 10 Ints and had a passer rating of 69.0 that year.   I'm gonna blame Jeff Fisher !!!  Sad

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nick-foles
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...leNi00.htm

(06-18-2019, 01:04 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 01:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: What? If anyone on the team were elite they'd have been elite with Bortles throwing to them, too.

It's hard to be elite or even average when the ball is 4 yards behind you or skipped to you off the dirt.

Okay, let's act like we have memory loss as if Blake Bortles they have not one but two thousand yard receivers in 2015 and one of them in Allen Robinson have 1500 which was fourth in the NFL. Yes Blake Bortles underachieved as our QB and he's no longer on this roster but let's stop acting like he was Tim Tebow as our quarterback. Despite what we may feel about him he did do some good things for us even if it wasn't enough to keep him as the long-term answer for this team.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2019, 07:13 PM by JackCity.)

(06-19-2019, 06:58 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 01:04 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: It's hard to be elite or even average when the ball is 4 yards behind you or skipped to you off the dirt.

Okay, let's act like we have memory loss as if Blake Bortles they have not one but two thousand yard receivers in 2015 and one of them in Allen Robinson have 1500 which was fourth in the NFL. Yes Blake Bortles underachieved as our QB and he's no longer on this roster but let's stop acting like he was Tim Tebow as our quarterback. Despite what we may feel about him he did do some good things for us even if it wasn't enough to keep him as the long-term answer for this team.

Not so long ago you were saying everyone who said Blake wasn't good enough didn't know what they were talking about lol

(06-19-2019, 03:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I think Keelan Cole is a name we will say with increasing excitement this year.

Me too, he gets separation pretty easily, last year just seemed like a few hand errors which snowballed into a total loss of confidence (and thus a lack of confidence in him by the staff). 

He should bounce back and be our #2 wrs this year i think