Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Which Jaguars WR will become elite thanks to Nick Foles?

(06-19-2019, 06:59 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 01:14 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I will bet you anything Lee won’t get 1100 yards and 8 TDs.

He’s a Mike Thomas type of WR. 800 and 3 every year.

The only guy that is worth even discussing in this thread is maybe Westbrook or Pryor.

Lee got nearly 900 yards playing mostly as a 3rd receiver in 2016 with Blake "Find the First Option or Run" Bortles throwing him the ball. He certainly is capable of getting 1100 if he's on the field more and is playing with a competent QB. Will he? The big question is health and how his recovery is going.

I don't think we've had an elite receiver on this roster in recent years, include Hurns and Robinson. Both Dede and Lee have the potential to be very good receivers though. I also like Cole if he can figure out how to eliminate the mistakes. Jury's out on Chark.

I disagree about ARob. Now that he's in his 2nd year after the ACL, he should show up big time for the Bears.

(06-19-2019, 03:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I think Keelan Cole is a name we will say with increasing excitement this year.

I'm not holding my breath.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-19-2019, 06:58 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 01:04 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: It's hard to be elite or even average when the ball is 4 yards behind you or skipped to you off the dirt.

Okay, let's act like we have memory loss as if Blake Bortles they have not one but two thousand yard receivers in 2015 and one of them in Allen Robinson have 1500 which was fourth in the NFL. Yes Blake Bortles underachieved as our QB and he's no longer on this roster but let's stop acting like he was Tim Tebow as our quarterback. Despite what we may feel about him he did do some good things for us even if it wasn't enough to keep him as the long-term answer for this team.

Blake Bortles was a different QB in 2015. You see he'd start out games just like the same bumbling Blake Bortles we've come to know, but in that season he had a tendency to hit a low in a game (after an INT or really ugly play) where he'd bounce back from that low and just start kicking behinds and taking names. The Jaguars actually had a fantastic passing offense in 2015 under Oley's passing game wizardry, but the defense that year was by far the worst in team history. Turns out that was a fluke year as Bortles never again quite reached that zone he'd get into during the '15 season.

That said, don't underestimate ARob amazing catch radius and ball tracking ability that let him come down with some of those wobbly deep passes. 
'02

(06-21-2019, 03:41 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 06:59 AM)hb1148 Wrote: Lee got nearly 900 yards playing mostly as a 3rd receiver in 2016 with Blake "Find the First Option or Run" Bortles throwing him the ball. He certainly is capable of getting 1100 if he's on the field more and is playing with a competent QB. Will he? The big question is health and how his recovery is going.

I don't think we've had an elite receiver on this roster in recent years, include Hurns and Robinson. Both Dede and Lee have the potential to be very good receivers though. I also like Cole if he can figure out how to eliminate the mistakes. Jury's out on Chark.

I disagree about ARob. Now that he's in his 2nd year after the ACL, he should show up big time for the Bears.

(06-19-2019, 03:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I think Keelan Cole is a name we will say with increasing excitement this year.

I'm not holding my breath.

We'll see about Arob. After his initial break through during his second year he's been basically very pedestrian. Another year of experience for Trubisky might help his stats though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-20-2019, 04:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 04:05 PM)JackCity Wrote: He was the #2 for the games Hurns was injured.  

The only routes he runs well are slants and digs , (everyone can run crossers) , that's not the profile of a #1. And also as the #1 option you face tougher coverages, gameplans designed to limit you etc etc. 

He doesn't beat press well outside, he doesn't separate well and it's not like he has high level hands or anything. He's a fine WR, fine as your #3 at least when healthy, just not at that level 1100 would require (unless it's just a mass amount of targets due to injuries)

You have an odd take on Lee's route running. I've seen absolutely no real evidence of this in his film. There were tendencies in the playcalling that may lead one to believe this, but he got sideline separation just fine under Fisch when he ran a greater variety of routes.
Much of those plays just got thrown out the window as a succession of coordinators methodically dumbed down the route tree to offset Bortles' mistakes. 

Regardless of what either of us feel are his better routes,  the reality for Lee this season is that he's unlikely to see a high snap count before October. 
Depending on how well other receivers are playing when he's finally close to 100%  -  he may not initially get many looks. 
So he'll probably have around 12 games to produce a handful of TDs and somewhere between 600-850 yards. I imagine he'll have a few big games when he draws a favorable matchup that Foles can exploit. 

Debating him as a #1 or +1000 yard guy feels a bit pointless right now.  We're not going to get the chance to really find out given his rehab schedule.  

I think he can make a very good #2 or 3 for another team in 2020.  He's gotta come back from a pretty nasty injury first though. Hopefully he can just earn a decent chunk of his contract money here in 2019 before he becomes a cap casualty in the offseason.

I don't think its odd, in fact I'd say its a fairly common opinion among Jags fans/analysts outside of this board. Its all about what you can do consistently do as a route runner and I've never seen Lee get regular separation bar the ones listed above. 

Yeah I'm not expecting Lee to do much this season post injury, if the offense is humming he could easily find himself outside of the top 4 wrs even when he comes back.

I don't think the Jags are built to have an elite receiver. From what we know so far, it's about spreading the ball around opportunistically. In my mind, if any one receiver gets identified as elite, then the rest aren't doing their jobs!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-22-2019, 10:24 AM by Jagsfan32277.)

I think Bryan Walters propels to elite status

(06-22-2019, 10:23 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I think Bryan Walters propels to elite status

Michael Walker is the new Bryan Walters. Probably practice squad bound tho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC5M4A5pruA&t=242s

(06-22-2019, 10:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-22-2019, 10:23 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I think Bryan Walters propels to elite status

Michael Walker is the new Bryan Walters. Probably practice squad bound tho...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC5M4A5pruA&t=242s

I like Walker as an punt returner and his pass catching skills are good as well.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Where's the poll? What kind of thread is this?
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

Josh Oliver has a shot at becoming an elite TE like Kelce, Ertz and Kittle. I'm not predicting he will, but he's got a shot.
'02

If Oliver has a career on par with Marcedes Lewis, I would be very pleased. If he exceeds that, I will be over the moon.

(06-23-2019, 04:06 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Josh Oliver has a shot at becoming an elite TE like Kelce, Ertz and Kittle. I'm not predicting he will, but he's got a shot.

Prayers are in abundance for Oliver to become an NFL elite TE.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Hahahahaha 1100 yards and 8 TDS for Lee?!

He could play all 16 games (which he won’t) and he still won’t sniff those numbers. He will be the 3rd option at best when he comes back and he’s really not even that good.

Chark, Conley and Westbrook all have more upside and then add in Oliver.

Trippin.

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2019, 11:46 PM by JagFanatic24.)

(06-28-2019, 04:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahahaha 1100 yards and 8 TDS for Lee?!

He could play all 16 games (which he won’t) and he still won’t sniff those numbers. He will be the 3rd option at best when he comes back and he’s really not even that good.

Trippin.

I completely agree. Lee is just a guy. He’s Mike Thomas in disguise.

In my opinion we have another WR unit like the years we had Shaw, Patrick, and Troy Edwards.

I'm convinced the only reason Lee is on the roster and will remain on the roster is that he's costing $9 mil, and we can't do anything about that. So, since he's on the roster as basically our 4th WR, we need to get as much as we can out of him. I'm guessing we'll see him on Special Teams more often. 
'02

(06-28-2019, 11:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 04:02 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahahaha 1100 yards and 8 TDS for Lee?!

Trippin.

I completely agree. Lee is just a guy. He’s Mike Thomas in disguise.

In my opinion we have another WR unit like the years we had Shaw, Patrick, and Troy Edwards.
I actually like Chark, Westbrook and Conley. I think they’re fairly dynamic and with a better QB, they should make some strides.

Now the same case can be made that with Foles, Lee will be better but I just don’t see Lee as being as talented. He couldn’t even beat out Hurns and Hurns is EXTREMELY average.

(06-29-2019, 03:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-28-2019, 11:46 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I completely agree. Lee is just a guy. He’s Mike Thomas in disguise.

I actually like Chark, Westbrook and Conley. I think they’re fairly dynamic and with a better QB, they should make some strides.

Now the same case can be made that with Foles, Lee will be better but I just don’t see Lee as being as talented. He couldn’t even beat out Hurns and Hurns is EXTREMELY average.

Lee still being around the team means he beat out Hurns.

But Lee's injury issues his first couple seasons are what limited him and pushed Hurns up in the WR room. I wouldn't say it was because Lee couldn't beat Hurns out, Lee just missed a lot of practice time/reps due to injuries those first couple seasons.

(06-18-2019, 01:04 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(06-18-2019, 01:00 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: What? If anyone on the team were elite they'd have been elite with Bortles throwing to them, too.

I doubt the stats of anyone improve more than 15-20% except for maybe Chark since he's only on his second year. Some of the guys could be good, but Allen Robinson should have been tagged and signed last year, he would have been the elite wr the team has barely had since Jimmy retired.

It's hard to be elite or even average when the ball is 4 yards behind you or skipped to you off the dirt.

Yeah well Megatron and Nuke have gotten it done with way worse than Bortles... so the point is valid.

Elite WRs are QB proof.

I really hope NYC gets to throw the Lee stuff in all our faces.

He's been defending the guy for 2 seasons it seems while we're all ready to send him back to USC.
I hope we're all wrong. But it's kinda funny to see someone else defending a player much in the way I (and others) defending Bortles for no good reason.

Really it's the best part of WR threads.

Westbrook is my dude at WR. I think he legit could "emerge" as a "true #1". As in double digit TDs and 1k yards. I know a lot of people think all of our WRs are just dudes and until they prove otherwise I get it, but Westbrook was very talented coming out of college, just had some personal issue red flags. Guy was a 1st or 2nd round talent for sure. And I saw glimpses of that last year even with Bortles at QB. Dare I say, had Bortles stuck around I could still see Westbrook "emerging" though with Bortles I think we'd lean on the run more than we will with Foles.
Man... if me and NYC are both right... watch out.

(07-01-2019, 03:14 PM)Kane Wrote: I really hope NYC gets to throw the Lee stuff in all our faces.

He's been defending the guy for 2 seasons it seems while we're all ready to send him back to USC.
I hope we're all wrong. But it's kinda funny to see someone else defending a player much in the way I (and others) defending Bortles for no good reason.

Really it's the best part of WR threads.

Westbrook is my dude at WR. I think he legit could "emerge" as a "true #1". As in double digit TDs and 1k yards. I know a lot of people think all of our WRs are just dudes and until they prove otherwise I get it, but Westbrook was very talented coming out of college, just had some personal issue red flags. Guy was a 1st or 2nd round talent for sure. And I saw glimpses of that last year even with Bortles at QB. Dare I say, had Bortles stuck around I could still see Westbrook "emerging" though with Bortles I think we'd lean on the run more than we will with Foles.
Man... if me and NYC are both right... watch out.

Well, I’ve said that  Westbrook is the dynamic playmaker of the bunch and my defense of Lee is just that he’ll be better than “just a guy”  with Foles. 

But, yeah I hope we are both right 

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1218049