Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** The Official 2019-2020 Dem Debate Thread **

(06-29-2019, 01:37 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 12:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you denigrate the only honest one in the bunch. He's not good but he doesnt pretend otherwise.

That's like saying, I'm supposed to like satan, because he's honest about who he is? I don't think so. I don't like degenerates who admit they are degenerates.

So you've admitted that you'd rather have a degenerate who hides the fact.

Since anyone who runs for president is (using your word) narcissist enough to think he deserves to be president, I'll take the one who puts the interests of the US ahead of every other country. That not only eliminates every single Democrat, it eliminates most of the ones who ran for the Republican nomination in 2016.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-29-2019, 12:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you denigrate the only honest one in the bunch. He's not good but he doesnt pretend otherwise.

That's like saying, I'm supposed to like satan, because he's honest about who he is? I don't think so. I don't like degenerates who admit they are degenerates.

Welp, that's really your personal issue. Personally I like a politician who decides his (and frequently my) position is worth fighting dirty for, instead of the wussy spineless Pubs we've seen since Obama got elected. You wanna inject your moral component to it and that's why you lose, the other team doesn't have that weakness, they only want to win, and they'll act however they have to in order to do so.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 09:02 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(06-29-2019, 08:14 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 10:32 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Harris racial tirade against uncle Joe is likely to backfire.

...and it did! It turns out she pre-planned the pulling of the race card. Also, the math doesn't add up. California schools were fully integrated by 1968 and included bussing both white and black students to different districts. Kamala was born in 1964, which is when the BUSD program began testing. Anyways, I'm sure her upper-class upbringing in America and Canada was mentally scarring but let's not bring the Obama playbook into the fold to try and prove your blackness.

Who could have seen that coming?

Not a Biden fan, but it was cringeworthy watching this soulless demon take advantage of a mentally unstable 80 year old. Why does Joe insist on doing this to himself, and why is his family letting him?

Oh, and the former prosecutor of young black men also reneged on raising her hand to abolish private health insurance. She is going down (this time, not literally)

(06-29-2019, 08:57 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 01:37 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's like saying, I'm supposed to like satan, because he's honest about who he is? I don't think so. I don't like degenerates who admit they are degenerates.

Since anyone who runs for president is (using your word) narcissist enough to think he deserves to be president, I'll take the one who puts the interests of the US ahead of every other country. That not only eliminates every single Democrat, it eliminates most of the ones who ran for the Republican nomination in 2016.

Yep, as Abe put it, "I can't spare this man, he fights!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Not that I like agreeing with flsprtsgod at all, but he kind of has a point. I prefer to see a wolf for what it is, not hiding in sheep's clothing. I dislike Trump immensely but at least we know what he is.

(06-29-2019, 08:57 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 01:37 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's like saying, I'm supposed to like satan, because he's honest about who he is? I don't think so. I don't like degenerates who admit they are degenerates.

That's your right. I don't see anyone putting the U.S. ahead of every other country. Trump serves his own personal interest. Do you think those tariffs helped U.S. citizens? If you do, then you have no idea how a tariff works. It's strangling middle class consumers and I live in a very rural area, so I know this first hand, it's killing farmers. He only placed those tariffs on to try and show China that he is the boss, so he could stroke his own ego. He didn't think about what it would do to Americans living paycheck to paycheck. I personally know 3 farm families that voted for Trump in the last election who have changed their minds about him based on those tariffs alone and what it has done to them. Don't tell me Trump has America's interest at heart. That's bull!

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 07:46 PM by MalabarJag.)

(06-29-2019, 06:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 08:57 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: So you've admitted that you'd rather have a degenerate who hides the fact.

That's your right. I don't see anyone putting the U.S. ahead of every other country. Trump serves his own personal interest. Do you think those tariffs helped U.S. citizens? If you do, then you have no idea how a tariff works. It's strangling middle class consumers and I live in a very rural area, so I know this first hand, it's killing farmers. He only placed those tariffs on to try and show China that he is the boss, so he could stroke his own ego. He didn't think about what it would do to Americans living paycheck to paycheck. I personally know 3 farm families that voted for Trump in the last election who have changed their minds about him based on those tariffs alone and what it has done to them. Don't tell me Trump has America's interest at heart. That's bull!

The tariffs are a temporary measure. Mexico agreed to aid the US in stopping illegals before the tariffs even kicked in. China is tougher, but the tariffs hurt them a lot more than they hurt the US. Eventually China will fold and the tariffs will end. Something has to be done to stop the theft of intellectual property. If not tariffs, what is your solution? A shooting war with China?

Getting out of the Paris Accord definitely helped US citizens. Demanding Europe pay their fair share of defense helps US citizens. The corporate tax cut is a huge help to US citizens. I doubt any of the Pub candidates but Cruz would have done those three things.. Being the worlds doormat does not mean we get respect from foreign leaders, although we do get a lot more compliments if that's your thing.

And are you really claiming that your rural neighbors were selling their food to China? Call me skeptical.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-29-2019, 06:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Not that I like agreeing with flsprtsgod at all, but he kind of has a point. I prefer to see a wolf for what it is, not hiding in sheep's clothing. I dislike Trump immensely but at least we know what he is.

I'm gonna win you over yet. I just want what's best for you, and what's best for you really has nothing at all to do with me.

(06-29-2019, 07:44 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 06:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's your right. I don't see anyone putting the U.S. ahead of every other country. Trump serves his own personal interest. Do you think those tariffs helped U.S. citizens? If you do, then you have no idea how a tariff works. It's strangling middle class consumers and I live in a very rural area, so I know this first hand, it's killing farmers. He only placed those tariffs on to try and show China that he is the boss, so he could stroke his own ego. He didn't think about what it would do to Americans living paycheck to paycheck. I personally know 3 farm families that voted for Trump in the last election who have changed their minds about him based on those tariffs alone and what it has done to them. Don't tell me Trump has America's interest at heart. That's bull!

The tariffs are a temporary measure. Mexico agreed to aid the US in stopping illegals before the tariffs even kicked in. China is tougher, but the tariffs hurt them a lot more than they hurt the US. Eventually China will fold and the tariffs will end. Something has to be done to stop the theft of intellectual property. If not tariffs, what is your solution? A shooting war with China?

Getting out of the Paris Accord definitely helped US citizens. Demanding Europe pay their fair share of defense helps US citizens. The corporate tax cut is a huge help to US citizens. I doubt any of the Pub candidates but Cruz would have done those three things.. Being the worlds doormat does not mean we get respect from foreign leaders, although we do get a lot more compliments if that's your thing.

And are you really claiming that your rural neighbors were selling their food to China? Call me skeptical.

Temporary measure or not, they deeply hurt American farmers. You obviously have not been around a lot of farmers to see the damage it has done to them. Any type of trade war with China is not going to work out in our favor. If you want to get anywhere, you have to be able to negotiate. Trump is not a negotiator. He's a "demander".  He wants you to give him everything he wants or he's gonna "take his ball and go home."

Corporate tax cuts only help corporations and the rich. The price of nothing has come down. The tax cuts just put more money in the hands of the rich. If you think they're gonna pass on those savings, you're delusional. 

Again, you obviously don't know how tariffs work. Farmers have to buy a lot of equipment and supplies to grow food and raise animals. Much of that stuff is made in China. When we raise tariffs on incoming merchandise from China, the farmers pay more and their overhead skyrockets. The people I know are barely breaking even.

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2019, 09:58 PM by MalabarJag.)

(06-29-2019, 09:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 07:44 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The tariffs are a temporary measure. Mexico agreed to aid the US in stopping illegals before the tariffs even kicked in. China is tougher, but the tariffs hurt them a lot more than they hurt the US. Eventually China will fold and the tariffs will end. Something has to be done to stop the theft of intellectual property. If not tariffs, what is your solution? A shooting war with China?

Temporary measure or not, they deeply hurt American farmers. You obviously have not been around a lot of farmers to see the damage it has done to them. Any type of trade war with China is not going to work out in our favor. If you want to get anywhere, you have to be able to negotiate. Trump is not a negotiator. He's a "demander".  He wants you to give him everything he wants or he's gonna "take his ball and go home."

Corporate tax cuts only help corporations and the rich. The price of nothing has come down. The tax cuts just put more money in the hands of the rich. If you think they're gonna pass on those savings, you're delusional. 

Again, you obviously don't know how tariffs work. Farmers have to buy a lot of equipment and supplies to grow food and raise animals. Much of that stuff is made in China. When we raise tariffs on incoming merchandise from China, the farmers pay more and their overhead skyrockets. The people I know are barely breaking even.

Trump is a negotiator. He makes huge demands and settles for a reasonable win (see Mexico, or the NATO spending for obvious examples). He was a salesman before he became POTUS after all.

If you think the advantage of corporate tax cuts was to pass on the savings, you are more clueless than I thought. The US was bleeding jobs as corporations moved to lower tax countries. The tax cuts stopped the bleeding, and some are even moving back. Stopping the job loss was how the corporate tax cuts helped working Americans.

Most purchases of equipment and supplies can be delayed. Those that can't and are also Chinese, will cost more, sure. What equipment and supplies are bought from China anyway? Probably not the more expensive items. Costs vary from year to year and the tariff is a one to two year (at most) tax. Compare a 25% markup in the wholesale price to the percentage change in fuel prices from year to year just to operate a tractor. Do your farmer friends think that they'll do better under a Democrat taxing them to pay for all of the giveaways and re-instituting the Obama-era regulations?

(06-29-2019, 09:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 07:44 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The tariffs are a temporary measure. Mexico agreed to aid the US in stopping illegals before the tariffs even kicked in. China is tougher, but the tariffs hurt them a lot more than they hurt the US. Eventually China will fold and the tariffs will end. Something has to be done to stop the theft of intellectual property. If not tariffs, what is your solution? A shooting war with China?

Wow, that's some quality Democrat Party platform regurgitation right there. Meanwhile, the economy continues to roar along

(06-29-2019, 09:55 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 09:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Temporary measure or not, they deeply hurt American farmers. You obviously have not been around a lot of farmers to see the damage it has done to them. Any type of trade war with China is not going to work out in our favor. If you want to get anywhere, you have to be able to negotiate. Trump is not a negotiator. He's a "demander".  He wants you to give him everything he wants or he's gonna "take his ball and go home."

Trump is a negotiator. He makes huge demands and settles for a reasonable win (see Mexico, or the NATO spending for obvious examples). He was a salesman before he became POTUS after all.

If you think the advantage of corporate tax cuts was to pass on the savings, you are more clueless than I thought. The US was bleeding jobs as corporations moved to lower tax countries. The tax cuts stopped the bleeding, and some are even moving back. Stopping the job loss was how the corporate tax cuts helped working Americans.

Most purchases of equipment and supplies can be delayed. Those that can't and are also Chinese, will cost more, sure. What equipment and supplies are bought from China anyway? Probably not the more expensive items. Costs vary from year to year and the tariff is a one to two year (at most) tax. Compare a 25% markup in the wholesale price to the percentage change in fuel prices from year to year just to operate a tractor. Do your farmer friends think that they'll do better under a Democrat taxing them to pay for all of the giveaways and re-instituting the Obama-era regulations?

Trump is NOT a negotiator. He is a "demander". Period.

That's not the way the tax cuts were advertised to the American public. 

No they can't. You have animals to maintain and a short planting season. When you have animals that need to be maintained and plants that need to be planted, things can't be delayed. What equipment and supplies are Chinese? Do you want an itemized list? Find a farmer and ask them yourself. There are tons of everyday items, supplies and machinery that is imported from China. We imported a total of $539.5 billion worth of goods in 2018. That's a lot of stuff. You would think farm supplies would not be high on the list of things imported from China, but they import alot. Even meat is also imported to the U.S. from China. For instance, Smithfield was bought by the Chinese and now they are the top pork producers in the U.S. importing their meat from China. Chinese products are everywhere. There is no way to avoid them. If you run any type of business, you will have to deal with buying Chinese products. Farmers are not exempt. From animal feed to seeds to fertilizer to tractor parts to virtually thousands of other things which are subject to tariffs, the prices are skyrocketing and the American farmer is paying a huge price.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2019, 07:45 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(06-29-2019, 10:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 09:55 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Trump is a negotiator. He makes huge demands and settles for a reasonable win (see Mexico, or the NATO spending for obvious examples). He was a salesman before he became POTUS after all.

No they can't. You have animals to maintain and a short planting season. When you have animals that need to be maintained and plants that need to be planted, things can't be delayed. What equipment and supplies are Chinese? Do you want an itemized list? Find a farmer and ask them yourself. There are tons of everyday items, supplies and machinery that is imported from China. We imported a total of $539.5 billion worth of goods in 2018. That's a lot of stuff. You would think farm supplies would not be high on the list of things imported from China, but they import alot. Even meat is also imported to the U.S. from China. For instance, Smithfield was bought by the Chinese and now they are the top pork producers in the U.S. importing their meat from China. Chinese products are everywhere. There is no way to avoid them. If you run any type of business, you will have to deal with buying Chinese products. Farmers are not exempt. From animal feed to seeds to fertilizer to tractor parts to virtually thousands of other things which are subject to tariffs, the prices are skyrocketing and the American farmer is paying a huge price.

Ask for more than you want. Settle for what you want. Negotiation, not demander.

Reading Art of the Deal might change your life....

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2019, 09:02 AM by Jagfan44.)

(06-29-2019, 10:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Trump is NOT a negotiator. He is a "demander". Period.

How long do you believe we can sustain importing $539.5 billion worth of goods and only exporting $120 billion to China? It's unfortunate for the farmers and overall this may hurt many people in the short term however this move is absolutely necessary.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2019, 09:06 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(06-30-2019, 07:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 10:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Trump is NOT a negotiator. He is a "demander". Period.

Ask for more than you want. Settle for what you want. Negotiation, not demander.

He tells you what he wants and if he doesn't get everything he asks for, he walks away from the table and throws a "hissy fit." That's not negotiation.

(06-30-2019, 09:00 AM)Jagfan44 Wrote:

How long do you believe we can sustain importing $539.5 billion worth of goods and only exporting $120 billion to China? It's unfortunate for the farmers and overall this may hurt many people in the short term however this move is absolutely necessary.

No. It's not.

(06-30-2019, 09:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 07:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ask for more than you want. Settle for what you want. Negotiation, not demander.

He tells you what he wants and if he doesn't get everything he asks for, he walks away from the table and throws a "hissy fit." That's not negotiation.

(06-30-2019, 09:00 AM)Jagfan44 Wrote: How long do you believe we can sustain importing $539.5 billion worth of goods and only exporting $120 billion to China? It's unfortunate for the farmers and overall this may hurt many people in the short term however this move is absolutely necessary.

No. It's not.

Leverage is a nice thing to have and when you have it you should by no means accept anything less than what it is that you desire. If that takes walking away with no deal then that's what you do. 

Nice explanation on the second part...

(06-30-2019, 09:05 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 07:45 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ask for more than you want. Settle for what you want. Negotiation, not demander.

(06-30-2019, 09:00 AM)Jagfan44 Wrote: How long do you believe we can sustain importing $539.5 billion worth of goods and only exporting $120 billion to China? It's unfortunate for the farmers and overall this may hurt many people in the short term however this move is absolutely necessary.

No. It's not.
Understand you hate the dude but it is blinding common sense. You just stated a few posts ago about how China has all this influence yet you don't believe "this move is absolutely necessary?" Do you expect some kind of instant shift due to policy change? Do we continue down the same path and make long-term matters worse? Look, change is necessary and like all things, there is a transition period. Nobody gets to snap their fingers and correct a wrong. Take this how you may, but I see you criticize a ton but never offer opinions on a fix action.

Rule 101 for those who have worked for me and my kids...you don't get to come and waste time and energy with complaining unless you can provide possible solutions to address the issue. This message board isn't fixing U.S. policy and you don't work for me but it does progress debate a bit further than " I hate trump and you're wrong."

FYI... planned negotiations have positive result. Let's see where an agreement leads:  https://www.ft.com/content/24c3f30a-99b8...5cbb98ed36
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

I see that all 20 said they would give illegal aliens free health care.

With that I know that all 20 are trash and not worth my vote.

Next...
'02

(06-29-2019, 10:39 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 09:55 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Trump is a negotiator. He makes huge demands and settles for a reasonable win (see Mexico, or the NATO spending for obvious examples). He was a salesman before he became POTUS after all.

As others have pointed out, Trump gets results, and they are not the same as his demands. That's negotiation. Maybe not the way you think negotiation should be done, but it works. Do you think the Obama method of giving Iran everything they wanted and then more is the proper way to negotiate? Or maybe just ignoring the Europeans' failure to reach military spending as promised in the NATO treaty is proper negotiation?

Advertisements? I didn't see any advertisements about the tax cuts. In any case, the results were necessary to enable the US working class keep their jobs, so who cares how it was advertised? Or maybe you would have preferred having (say) Chris Christie (or were you a Hillary supporter?) just keep corporate tax rates the same so that American companies would continue to flee.

And I see that you talk a lot but can't give any actual examples of what farmers need to buy from China. Tractor parts? Are your farmer friends repairing Chinese tractors? Animal feed? I doubt much animal feed (mostly corn) comes from China, but if so I'd blame Clinton, Bush and Obama for the ethanol mandates if they can't buy animal feed from the US.

Prices should be up no more than the tariffs, which are 25% of the wholesale price and not on everything. That's far from "skyrocketing." If the price has increased more than that then the importers and dealers are responsible.

(06-30-2019, 11:15 AM)Jags02 Wrote: I see that all 20 said they would give illegal aliens free health care.

With that I know that all 20 are trash and not worth my vote.

Next...

Free health care, free college, and open borders (oops, they're not for "open borders," just not enforced). We'll have half the population of Latin America crossing the border (not to mention Asia). But think of all of the new Democrat voters!