Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Warren Sapp or Aaron Donald

Who would you take, Donald or Sapp in his prime?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sapp did it at a high level for a longer time but for 1 year at their best I'd take Donald.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Donald. He's a more disciplined player. The guy goes out, shuts DOWN the middle and leaves the field. I still remember that Raiders/Jags game at the tail end of Sapp's career where he got like THREE personal fouls, got ejected and it went from a LONG FG to first and goal at the 2....of course, #becausejaguars, Garrard throws a pic. Still, Donald plays with a discipline that you KNOW he's not gonna do something stupid.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3167117

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

No question Donald. I think his game and professionalism is a notch above Sapp. Don't get me wrong, Sapp did it longer and had some really good years but Donald is another level of consistency and discipline.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Donald. Not close really.

Aaron Donald at the moment. Warren Sapp started petering out by the time he had reached the age of 28. Same could happen to Aaron Donald as he's nearing that same age mark but he seems to have a much better handle on his overall work and approach to staying in shape and ahead of the game.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2019, 10:23 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(07-04-2019, 05:42 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Aaron Donald at the moment. Warren Sapp started petering out by the time he had reached the age of 28. Same could happen to Aaron Donald as he's nearing that same age mark but he seems to have a much better handle on his overall work and approach to staying in shape and ahead of the game.

Why I said in their prime

Best ever 3 tech ?

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2019, 11:42 AM by Caldrac.)

(07-04-2019, 10:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 05:42 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Aaron Donald at the moment. Warren Sapp started petering out by the time he had reached the age of 28. Same could happen to Aaron Donald as he's nearing that same age mark but he seems to have a much better handle on his overall work and approach to staying in shape and ahead of the game.

Why I said in their prime

Best ever 3 tech ?

John Randle for me. Wasn't a mountain of a man physically by any means for NFL standards but he sure as hell carried himself like one and played like one. The meanest 6'1 DT that ever played the game. Like a mean British Bulldog always hungry and looking to mess up your furniture if you didn't keep his food bowl filled. Hell of a player.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-04-2019, 11:42 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 10:22 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why I said in their prime

Best ever 3 tech ?

John Randle for me. Wasn't a mountain of a man physically by any means for NFL standards but he sure as hell carried himself like one and played like one. The meanest 6'1 DT that ever played the game. Like a mean British Bulldog always hungry and looking to mess up your furniture if you didn't keep his food bowl filled. Hell of a player.
Yeah, Randle was a beast

Best ever 3 tech ?

Yupppp came here to post exactly this. Totally agree!

John Randle is by far the most ferocious 3T i've ever had the pleasure to watch play. And as Jags fans with "HenderStroud" etc. we have a very high standard to judge DT play.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Best ever 3 tech ?

Randle was an unreal pass rusher from inside.

He had NINE (9) seasons of double digit sacks rushing mostly from DT, including one season of 15.5 sacks!!

He finished his career with 137 or so sacks.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...ndJo00.htm

That is absolutely crazy!

The one bias I have against him is that the Vikings run defense with him was rarely dominant and often soft.

Still a helluva player.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-09-2019, 12:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Randle was an unreal pass rusher from inside.

He had NINE (9) seasons of double digit sacks rushing mostly from DT, including one season of 15.5 sacks!!

To be fair, Donald already has 3 (and seasons with 8 and 9 sacks), including one season of 20.5 already!

(07-09-2019, 05:42 PM)Upper Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 12:25 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Randle was an unreal pass rusher from inside.

To be fair, Donald already has 3 (and seasons with 8 and 9 sacks), including one season of 20.5 already!
My observations regarding Randle should not be construed as argument against Donald.  Donald is currently on a Hall of Fame track.

He is unquestionably a great player.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!