Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Walking Dead Comes to an End

Just last month, we were calling The Walking Dead #192 “the end of an era,” thanks to a stunning issue (spoilers at that link). But if you thought creator Robert Kirkman and artist Charlie Adlard couldn’t top that twist, here’s another shocker: The Walking Dead comic is ending tomorrow with issue #193.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/turns-out-the-wa...1836047393
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-02-2019, 11:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Just last month, we were calling The Walking Dead #192 “the end of an era,” thanks to a stunning issue (spoilers at that link). But if you thought creator Robert Kirkman and artist Charlie Adlard couldn’t top that twist, here’s another shocker: The Walking Dead comic is ending tomorrow with issue #193.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/turns-out-the-wa...1836047393

They need to end the series. It's getting pretty long in the tooth. Smells like the walkers. Or Daryl's greasy hair.

I never understood the zombie craze.

(07-03-2019, 06:06 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I never understood the zombie craze.

Me either to be honest, but the original season, just six episodes long, was really good and something fresh at the time. I tuned in to later seasons just to see what would happen and really got into some of the characters and their storylines. Now I pretty much don't care and only watch it because my husband enjoys it.

I enjoyed the series in the beginning. Never did get into the comics (I haven't tried though, might now that it's over). It got old fast. Zombies are cool. But it just became too scattered and all over the place for a good few years with everyone trying to cash in on TWD's success towards the genre. It was in video games, movies, clothes, etc.

I guess Star Wars is the next big revival effort. Again, something I just couldn't get into. The 90's and early 00's left me burned out on it as a kid. I wonder what Kirkman will do next.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

That's because you have brains.

Speaking of brains...

Came to an end for year a couple of years ago.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

You won't understand it any better after you're dead. If I'm around, I'll be a good guy and take care of your brain, unless you eat me first.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

The comics were far superior to the tv show.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Followup at the orthopedist in an hour.  I never thought I'd say this, but hope he releases me to go back into work.  It's been OK working at home for the last few months, but it would be nice to get out and see other people.  After that, I can start [BLEEP] about having to go into work in a few weeks.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-10-2019, 07:19 AM)Rico Wrote: Followup at the orthopedist in an hour.  I never thought I'd say this, but hope he releases me to go back into work.  It's been OK working at home for the last few months, but it would be nice to get out and see other people.  After that, I can start [BLEEP] about having to go into work in a few weeks.

It's great that this is in The "Walking" Dead thread!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's the hallucenogenics...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-10-2019, 07:19 AM)Rico Wrote: Followup at the orthopedist in an hour.  I never thought I'd say this, but hope he releases me to go back into work.  It's been OK working at home for the last few months, but it would be nice to get out and see other people.  After that, I can start [BLEEP] about having to go into work in a few weeks.

[Image: tumblr_n73q3tYGOJ1smcbm7o1_500.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."