Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "Tolerant" Left does it again......

'Mini AOC' Parody Accounts Are Gone Thanks To Lefties Doxxing And Threatening An 8-Year-Old

The Left has, once again, proven how truly disgusting they are. Their nasty tactics have hit a new low. Ava Martinez, known to most of us as "Mini AOC," frequently recorded parody videos and took photos making fun of the real Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY). Apparently AOC fans didn't like the 8-year-old's content so they started doxxing and threatening Martinez and her family.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbauman...mytL2RJcnM
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Typical. Are we really surprised?

You guys do realize that there are as many moderate Democrats who resent being lumped into the "left" as there are moderate Republicans who hate being lumped into the Trump crowd, right? Howsabout we start calling the wackos "wackos" on both sides and leave the left and right labels for those of us who try desperately to cling to the center despite being surrounded by idiots.

Apparently I am one of the "cowards" in the Center now too. Stop labeling me guys. Words hurt. They cut deep.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-04-2019, 12:48 PM)TJBender Wrote: You guys do realize that there are as many moderate Democrats who resent being lumped into the "left" as there are moderate Republicans who hate being lumped into the Trump crowd, right? Howsabout we start calling the wackos "wackos" on both sides and leave the left and right labels for those of us who try desperately to cling to the center despite being surrounded by idiots.

Sadly there is only a "left" and a "right." The MSM certainly aren't going to separate the "radical left" from the "left" or the "radical right" from the "right". They can't argue from a rational position so they lump everyone together. People do it as well. 

As a Libertarian no one knows what to say to me as most don't even know what it is. Some think it means I'm extreme right while others see re 'liber-' part and think some weird liberal faction. I tell them to go educate themselves on the website. Which most don't because they prefer to remain willfully ignorant.

(07-04-2019, 05:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 12:48 PM)TJBender Wrote: You guys do realize that there are as many moderate Democrats who resent being lumped into the "left" as there are moderate Republicans who hate being lumped into the Trump crowd, right? Howsabout we start calling the wackos "wackos" on both sides and leave the left and right labels for those of us who try desperately to cling to the center despite being surrounded by idiots.

Sadly there is only a "left" and a "right." The MSM certainly aren't going to separate the "radical left" from the "left" or the "radical right" from the "right". They can't argue from a rational position so they lump everyone together. People do it as well. 

As a Libertarian no one knows what to say to me as most don't even know what it is. Some think it means I'm extreme right while others see re 'liber-' part and think some weird liberal faction. I tell them to go educate themselves on the website. Which most don't because they prefer to remain willfully ignorant.

I've stopped identifying as part of any one political ideology for the same reasons you cited above. Most Americans are mindless half-wits when it comes to politics who understand only two ideologies: left and right. They can't describe them beyond saying that the right are a bunch of hateful racist monsters who want to turn America into a paradise for rich white people and a prison camp for everyone else, and the left are a bunch of baby-killing country-hating thugs who want to steal all our money and hand the US over to Mexico. The second you answer with, "I'm libertarian," "I'm centrist," or, worst of all, "I'm independent," you get the third degree because the person you're talking to has no damn idea what that is, they just know that you disagree with them and clearly are on the other side. 

You think conversing on here can be rough sometimes? Try explaining to a massively pro-AOC gay man that a bakery is free to decorate a cake however they see fit. Suddenly, everything else that you agree on is out the window and you're a bigoted monster. I've just about given up on political discussion everywhere except here until we, as a nation, pull our heads out of our [BLEEP]. There's no point. No one's open to new ideas and differing opinions. All anyone wants to do anymore is tell you how right they are. It's old.

If ur in the center ur triggered because we call out the left?  Doesn't make much sense.  

Deplatforming, doxxxing, etc. Are phenomenon of the extreme left.  "Wackos on both sides" isn't accurate.

(07-04-2019, 05:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I quite enjoy the tribalism of it all. People really don't realize how silly they look. I just laugh at them. And you'd think after thousands of years on this planet, humans would have advanced past such stupidity. I view the right and left of this country as two groups standing on opposite sides of the street holding their signs. Whenever the power in the White House changes from one to the other, these groups drop their signs, cross the street and pick up their counterparts signs, then continue.

And good to see a fellow libertarian. As far as where libertarians land on the political spectrum, I suppose it depends on the measurement. If it's size of government, we're right of everyone. If the spectrum is made up of ideology, we'd be considered center as we could side with both the left and right, depending on the issue.

This would be desired.

Can you point to a moderate left voice in the media that (say) called out Nike and Colin K for turning the first US flag into some kind of racist hate symbol? Can you point to a moderate voice on the left that decried to doxxing of an 8 year old?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-04-2019, 06:33 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 05:18 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Sadly there is only a "left" and a "right." The MSM certainly aren't going to separate the "radical left" from the "left" or the "radical right" from the "right". They can't argue from a rational position so they lump everyone together. People do it as well. 

I quite enjoy the tribalism of it all. People really don't realize how silly they look. I just laugh at them. And you'd think after thousands of years on this planet, humans would have advanced past such stupidity. I view the right and left of this country as two groups standing on opposite sides of the street holding their signs. Whenever the power in the White House changes from one to the other, these groups drop their signs, cross the street and pick up their counterparts signs, then continue.

And good to see a fellow libertarian. As far as where libertarians land on the political spectrum, I suppose it depends on the measurement. If it's size of government, we're right of everyone. If the spectrum is made up of ideology, we'd be considered center as we could side with both the left and right, depending on the issue.
Politically I'm more centrist libertarian. Personally I am more to the right on some stuff, more to the left on others. I try to keep my personal and political POVs separate but it's not always easy. 

Example: politically I don't care if the LGBTQ+ folks enter into a civil union with each other where personally (because of my faith) I don't agree with it and I DO NOT agree with it being called marriage for the same reason.

Another example: Politically I am pro-choice on abortion because I feel the government should exactly ZERO input on such a personal decision outside of late term, but personally I wouldn't do it and would have a hard time supporting someone who made that choice outside of any case of rape, incest, or in cases where the mother and/or child is at high risk of death if carried to term and delivered.

The above political part of my examples pretty much make me a pariah among most fellow Christians or even non-faith folks who are simply conservatives. They can't understand why I think the way I do- how I separate my political beliefs from my personal ones. I don't understand it myself from time to time, but it is what it is. On the opposite side I get grief from liberals for the same reason. They are cool with the political part but not the faith part.

Not. My. Problem.

(07-04-2019, 12:37 PM)The Drifter Wrote: 'Mini AOC' Parody Accounts Are Gone Thanks To Lefties Doxxing And Threatening An 8-Year-Old

The Left has, once again, proven how truly disgusting they are. Their nasty tactics have hit a new low. Ava Martinez, known to most of us as "Mini AOC," frequently recorded parody videos and took photos making fun of the real Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY). Apparently AOC fans didn't like the 8-year-old's content so they started doxxing and threatening Martinez and her family.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbauman...mytL2RJcnM

I'm not saying she has to, but it would be nice if AOC condemns the doxxing and sticks up for Ava Martinez's first amendment rights.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Haha. That's hilarious.

Imo, the left-right spectrum is an outdated way of looking at politics. It should be a coordinate grid with totalitarianism and anarchy on the x axis and state and local government on the y axis. People would be able to us this way of thinking to process their positions in a less team oriented way.

(07-04-2019, 09:31 PM)Last42min Wrote: Imo, the left-right spectrum is an outdated way of looking at politics. It should be a coordinate grid with totalitarianism and anarchy on the x axis and state and local government on the y axis. People would be able to us this way of thinking to process their positions in a less team oriented way.

Most American brains would explode if you showed them the horseshoe, and you want to try and make the political spectrum three-dimensional?

(This post was last modified: 07-05-2019, 07:02 AM by mikesez.)

(07-05-2019, 01:15 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 09:31 PM)Last42min Wrote: Imo, the left-right spectrum is an outdated way of looking at politics. It should be a coordinate grid with totalitarianism and anarchy on the x axis and state and local government on the y axis. People would be able to us this way of thinking to process their positions in a less team oriented way.

Most American brains would explode if you showed them the horseshoe, and you want to try and make the political spectrum three-dimensional?

In his defense, he only described two axes, not three.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Well, it's still 2d, but I get what you're saying. These things need to be taught to our kids. Or curriculum is woefully inadequate. 

I did a search and this graph more or less represents what I was suggesting. It uses different terminology, but it draws the same conclusion. I prefer individual and collective to the words I used above.

[Image: left-right-spectrum-basic.jpg]

I think this paints a good picture of the political spectrum. Before anyone on the right gets butthurt about the right seeming too authoritative, keep in mind that the American right is rooted in the individual liberty quadrant, so this skews the results for Americans (a mistake the American left makes too often) . However, this is a good representation of all possible governments. It ends up looking something like this:

[Image: political-left-right-spectrum-3.0.1.jpg]

Modern day American politics puts most conservatives in the SE quadrant (if trading this like a compass), with moderate Democrats in the SW quadrant and Progressives in the NW quadrant. 

I think understanding the left right paradigm in these terms would help people make better political alignments.

Bummer. I was hoping that would generate some discussion.