Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texas billionaire Ross Perot dies at 89

Texas billionaire Ross Perot who upended politics with 1992 third-party run for president that helped put Bill Clinton in the White House dies at 89
  • Perot was a political firebrand who ran for president twice but made his splash in 1992 against George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton
  • Cantankerous but unavoidable, Perot took 19 per cent of the vote, pulling enough support from Bush to guarantee Clinton's victory
  •  Fonded a computer network company called Electronic Data Systems Corp.
  • Famously financed a private commando raid in 1979 to free two of his employees who were being held in a prison in Iran

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...6dEpwKUnUY
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

RIP to the last man who put a scare into the two parties and almost gave this country the third party it needs.

He was well before my time. I have seen some interesting snippets of him absolutely hammering people in the political field though through YouTube. He was pretty bad [BLEEP] and could carry his own up there at the podium and during those debates. He said something back in the 1980's or early 1990's and a lot of it ended up being true or coming to fruition nearly twenty years later and through today.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

RIP

I can do a perfect H. Ross Perot impression.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I normally wouldn't post in the political forum, but Perot was a true patriot and understood what was going to happen thanks to the trade direction of the nation several decades ago. He wasn't perfect, but he might have done a better job in a lot of ways than several of the guys that have followed since 1992.
Rest in peace, Ross.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I initially supported the guy because of what he was saying about the federal deficits and debt. He basically forced the subject into the political conversation that year.

And he was actually LEADING in the polls at one point, but then he said that crazy stuff about someone threatening his daughter's wedding, and dropped out of the race, only to get back in later but by that time he had lost half his support.

(07-10-2019, 08:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I initially supported the guy because of what he was saying about the federal deficits and debt.  He basically forced the subject into the political conversation that year.  

And he was actually LEADING in the polls at one point, but then he said that crazy stuff about someone threatening his daughter's wedding, and dropped out of the race, only to get back in later but by that time he had lost half his support.
https://youtu.be/-Eba3PqKeqs

RIH Mr. Perot.

NH3...
"AZANE"