Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The 2018 draft has the potential for the worst one yet.

Are you talking about the worst Jags draft ever or the worst Caldwell draft ever?  We had some very dark years ... check out 2009 thru 2013

Derrick Harvey
Quentin Groves
Thomas Williams
Trae Williams
Chauncey Washington

Eugene Monroe
Eben Britton
Terrance Knighton
Derek Cox
Mike Thomas
Jarett Dillard
Zach Miller
Rashad Jennings
Tiquan Underwood

Tyson Alualu
D'Anthony Smith
Larry Hart
Austen Lane
Deji Karim
Scotty McGee

Blaine Gabbert
Will Rackley
Cecil Shorts III
Chris Prosinski
Rod Issac

Justin Blackmon
Andre Branch
Bryan Anger
Brandon Marshall
Mike Harris
Jeris Pendleton

Luke Joeckel
Johnathan Cyprien
Dwayne Gratz
Ace Sanders
Denard Robinson
Josh Evans
Jeremy Harris
Demetrius McCray

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-17-2019, 09:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Are you talking about the worst Jags draft ever or the worst Caldwell draft ever?  We had some very dark years ... check out 2009 thru 2013

Derrick Harvey
Quentin Groves
Thomas Williams
Trae Williams
Chauncey Washington

Eugene Monroe
Eben Britton
Terrance Knighton
Derek Cox
Mike Thomas
Jarett Dillard
Zach Miller
Rashad Jennings
Tiquan Underwood

Tyson Alualu
D'Anthony Smith
Larry Hart
Austen Lane
Deji Karim
Scotty McGee

Blaine Gabbert
Will Rackley
Cecil Shorts III
Chris Prosinski
Rod Issac

Justin Blackmon
Andre Branch
Bryan Anger
Brandon Marshall
Mike Harris
Jeris Pendleton

Luke Joeckel
Johnathan Cyprien
Dwayne Gratz
Ace Sanders
Denard Robinson
Josh Evans
Jeremy Harris
Demetrius McCray

Wow.  Just wow.   

This just reinforces my opinion that the most valuable person on any football team is the guy that picks the players.  Find a good one, pay him whatever he wants, and it will be worth it.

(07-11-2019, 06:40 AM)Rico Wrote: You have to be kidding me.  

Talk about premature...

I'm sure his girlfriend/wife says the same thing.

Seriously, can we see how these guys actually develop from year 1 to year 2 before we start to pan the 2018 draft? A lot of factors went into their lackluster rookie campaigns.

I know some people feel compelled to start a new thread at least once daily to spew whatever random thought bubble pops into their head, but it's the dead zone, so maybe they should find a hobby to fill the time until camp starts.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(07-17-2019, 09:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 09:21 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Are you talking about the worst Jags draft ever or the worst Caldwell draft ever?  We had some very dark years ... check out 2009 thru 2013

Derrick Harvey
Quentin Groves
Thomas Williams
Trae Williams
Chauncey Washington

Eugene Monroe
Eben Britton
Terrance Knighton
Derek Cox
Mike Thomas
Jarett Dillard
Zach Miller
Rashad Jennings
Tiquan Underwood

Tyson Alualu
D'Anthony Smith
Larry Hart
Austen Lane
Deji Karim
Scotty McGee

Blaine Gabbert
Will Rackley
Cecil Shorts III
Chris Prosinski
Rod Issac

Justin Blackmon
Andre Branch
Bryan Anger
Brandon Marshall
Mike Harris
Jeris Pendleton

Luke Joeckel
Johnathan Cyprien
Dwayne Gratz
Ace Sanders
Denard Robinson
Josh Evans
Jeremy Harris
Demetrius McCray

Wow.  Just wow.   

This just reinforces my opinion that the most valuable person on any football team is the guy that picks the players.  Find a good one, pay him whatever he wants, and it will be worth it.

[Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-17-2019, 11:20 AM)FBT Wrote:

Talk about premature...

Seriously, can we see how these guys actually develop from year 1 to year 2 before we start to pan the 2018 draft?  A lot of factors went into their lackluster rookie campaigns.

I know some people feel compelled to start a new thread at least once daily to spew whatever random thought bubble pops into their head, but it's the dead zone, so maybe they should find a hobby to fill the time until camp starts.

Any suggestions?

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2019, 02:27 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(07-17-2019, 11:20 AM)FBT Wrote:

Talk about premature...

Seriously, can we see how these guys actually develop from year 1 to year 2 before we start to pan the 2018 draft?  A lot of factors went into their lackluster rookie campaigns.

(07-17-2019, 01:40 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 09:51 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Wow.  Just wow.   

[Image: tenor.gif]

Mods can we pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee get a like button for comments.  It's too many, HOF worthy, comments going unnoticed.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Derrick Harvey
Quentin Groves
Thomas Williams
Trae Williams
Chauncey Washington

Eugene Monroe
Eben Britton
Terrance Knighton
Derek Cox
Mike Thomas
Jarett Dillard
Zach Miller
Rashad Jennings
Tiquan Underwood

Tyson Alualu
D'Anthony Smith
Larry Hart
Austen Lane
Deji Karim
Scotty McGee

Blaine Gabbert
Will Rackley
Cecil Shorts III
Chris Prosinski
Rod Issac

Justin Blackmon
Andre Branch
Bryan Anger
Brandon Marshall
Mike Harris
Jeris Pendleton

Luke Joeckel
Johnathan Cyprien
Dwayne Gratz
Ace Sanders
Denard Robinson
Josh Evans
Jeremy Harris
Demetrius McCray

Oh the horror! 

Of the 39 players drafted during that time, zero were pro bowlers, and zero even played well enough to warrant a second contract from the Jaguars.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-17-2019, 02:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Derrick Harvey
Quentin Groves
Thomas Williams
Trae Williams
Chauncey Washington

Eugene Monroe
Eben Britton
Terrance Knighton
Derek Cox
Mike Thomas
Jarett Dillard
Zach Miller
Rashad Jennings
Tiquan Underwood

Tyson Alualu
D'Anthony Smith
Larry Hart
Austen Lane
Deji Karim
Scotty McGee

Blaine Gabbert
Will Rackley
Cecil Shorts III
Chris Prosinski
Rod Issac

Justin Blackmon
Andre Branch
Bryan Anger
Brandon Marshall
Mike Harris
Jeris Pendleton

Luke Joeckel
Johnathan Cyprien
Dwayne Gratz
Ace Sanders
Denard Robinson
Josh Evans
Jeremy Harris
Demetrius McCray

Oh the horror! 

Of the 39 players drafted during that time, zero were pro bowlers, and zero even played well enough to warrant a second contract from the Jaguars.

Thought Thomas was inked and then traded.
Pretty sure Alualu got a 2nd contract with us and people were livid... perhaps getting a contract doesn't mean they warranted it eh?

(07-17-2019, 02:42 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 02:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Oh the horror! 

Pretty sure Alualu got a 2nd contract with us and people were livid... perhaps getting a contract doesn't mean they warranted it eh?

If so then I stand corrected here.

But even taking that at face value, it's still an atrociously bad draft record....and no, neither player deserved a 2nd deal with us.

(07-17-2019, 02:42 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 02:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Oh the horror! 

Alualu 2nd Contract -- 2 years $6 million.

Mike Thomas 2nd Contract - 3 years $18 million

(07-17-2019, 03:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 02:42 PM)Kane Wrote: Thought Thomas was inked and then traded.

Alualu 2nd Contract -- 2 years $6 million.

I stand corrected, but the larger point stands.  The Jaguars drafting during that time was horrible.

(07-11-2019, 06:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This thread reaks of someone that isn't doing good on their Madden game.  You can't judge draft picks that are basically developmental players after their first season.

Funny, I haven't bothered to look at Madden ratings, but I was wondering if this was brought on by someone having done so.

(07-18-2019, 11:53 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 06:00 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This thread reaks of someone that isn't doing good on their Madden game.  You can't judge draft picks that are basically developmental players after their first season.

Funny, I haven't bothered to look at Madden ratings, but I was wondering if this was brought on by someone having done so.

Madden always rates our stars decent and our "not so prominent players" well below what they are actually capable of or worth.  He better play offline Franchise, and edit rosters if he wants to make the Jags playable.  Thats for another section of the MB though.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(07-17-2019, 04:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 03:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Alualu 2nd Contract -- 2 years $6 million.

I stand corrected, but the larger point stands.  The Jaguars drafting during that time was horrible.

Oh indeed!
And the decision making...

although, we somehow traded Thomas with that contract hahaha

(07-23-2019, 11:41 AM)Kane Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 04:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I stand corrected, but the larger point stands.  The Jaguars drafting during that time was horrible.

Oh indeed!

Well, we DID trade him to Detroit. Detroit is... Detroit. 

Every fan in Detroit by mid season trying to get the hell on out of there (Love you D6!)

[Image: tumblr_pmvgf1du3r1tuvwugo5_500.gif]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 01:10 PM by Bullseye.)

(07-23-2019, 11:41 AM)Kane Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 04:12 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I stand corrected, but the larger point stands.  The Jaguars drafting during that time was horrible.

Oh indeed!

(07-23-2019, 11:57 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 11:41 AM)Kane Wrote: Oh indeed!

Every fan in Detroit by mid season trying to get the hell on out of there (Love you D6!)

It is miraculous we pulled off that trade.

As for Detroit,  isn't it true they only won one playoff game since 1957?  Yep.  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/t...ayoffs.htm

Egads!

(07-23-2019, 11:57 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 11:41 AM)Kane Wrote: Oh indeed!

Was that the Matt Millen years?

(07-23-2019, 03:19 PM)Kane Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 11:57 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Well, we DID trade him to Detroit. Detroit is... Detroit. 

Was that the Matt Millen years?

I think that's been damn near every year for Detroit. Minus a few rare appearances with Barry Sanders in the play-off's and few others here and there with Stafford under center. The curse of Bobby Layne is legit.

What sucks is drafting a guy, playing him through his rookie contract, only to find out he’s worthless and then have to do it all over again. Like a Blaine Gabbert or Bortles

My point is...fans see rookies do well all the time. Some guys hit the ground running., like a Javon Kearse or Randy Moss..MJD, Fred Taylor.
And some guys take a few years to develop
, like a Cecil Shorts or a Eben Ebron

Sometimes you have to be patient, sometimes you draft an All Pro, sometimes you draft a guy that doesn’t belong on an NFL roster.

Just got wait and see