Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The 2018 draft has the potential for the worst one yet.

I know these guys were all Rookies and there is a learning curve jumping from college to the NFL.  It would be great if they turned out to be all stars.   That being said, rookies often show flashes of their potential and there wasn't a whole lot out of the 2018 draft.

Taven Bryan:   Eh, was moved to the edge and then moved back inside.  1 sack and 20 tackles isn't a whole lot to write home about.  He was playing with a stacked Line and look forward to see what he can do with a bigger role. 

DJ Chark: 14 catches for 174 yards 0tds?  I had to double take when I checked this.  I know the Bortles reason is there but this is a team starving for a #1 receiver and he had opportunities.

Ronnie Harrison:  By far the best pick in the draft.  He and the punter right now are the only ones looking promising.

Will Richardson:  We haven't seen him play. 

Tanner Lee:  I highly doubt he makes the team this year.  Best hope is a practice squad spot.

Leon Jacobs:  A very raw talent.  He could be a bubble player.

Logan Cook: pretty good punter

Again, I would love for all of these guys to have a great sophmore year.  Most of these players need a dramatic turn around to be a future for this team.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nah

Lots of potential there. Bryan, Chark and Harrison could easily have breakout seasons in 2019.

If Bryan turns out to be a solid starter, its a solid draft. 3 Hits in a draft is pretty good, you won't hit nor should you expect to hit a home run in every draft.

You have to be kidding me.

Talk about premature...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-11-2019, 06:40 AM)Rico Wrote: You have to be kidding me.  

Talk about premature...

Agreed.

I have my questions about Bryan and Richardson, and to a much lesser extent Chark, but it's way too early to write them off.  In fact, I think Chark, in particular, will show vast improvement this year.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The 2018 draft class also has the potential to be one of the best draft classes ever.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

2008 still has the Turd Ferguson award for this franchise. It'll take a Jurassic Park sized load of dinosaur dung to top that class.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Remember 2010?

This thread reaks of someone that isn't doing good on their Madden game.  You can't judge draft picks that are basically developmental players after their first season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Too early and we've had too many clunkers to put these guys on that list yet.... lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(07-11-2019, 09:55 AM)rollerjag Wrote: The 2018 draft class also has the potential to be one of the best draft classes ever.

I was going to post this very same thing last night when I first saw this thread, but then I figured why bother?

I think the OP should also consider the comparative draft position of the 2018 draft class, as opposed to prior draft classes.

Appearing in the AFC title game in 2017 season, we were picking 29th, IIRC.

The NFL draft is designed to "punish" successful teams by having them draft lower in the draft order, which makes it more difficult to draft good players because they are drafting from a much smaller draft pool than those picking at the top of the draft order.

So even if you assume the 2018 draft class is one of the worst in team history (again, a premature and huge leap at this stage), remember the draft was designed to produce these results, and has to be factored into the analysis.

I don’t think Jacobs is a bubble player at all. Once the game slows down, we can really use his athleticism at LB. Dude has strength for days.

(07-12-2019, 04:20 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I don’t think Jacobs is a bubble player at all. Once the game slows down, we can really use his athleticism at LB. Dude has strength for days.

Late round pick that started as a rookie and will likely be in the league a long time. 
He’ll compete to start at SAM and I don’t see him on the bubble either if he doesn’t win the start. 

This whole draft is just silly for the OP to try calling out. There are six players on that list who are likely to spend 8+ years in the league.

Gotta love the dead zone where people literally put the silliest thoughts flowing through their brain on the internet.
1 season is hardly enough to judge any of these guys, especially a DL player buried behind stars.
Harrison is a stud and many of us saw it early on and stated he should have started day one over Church.
Chark's stats aren't anything special, but we all knew what kind of QB play he was getting (and the kind of OL play the QB was getting) Also... the coach staff seemed keen on keeping ineffective guys ahead in the depth chart there more than they probably should have (Moncrief, Cole)
Richardson was always a jar on the shelf pick.
Lee was a wasted pick... I'll give ya that OP
Jacobs actually played very well in his limited role as a late rounder... sooo [shrug]

Again it's my opinion and I stick to it. So far it's very shaky draft. Time will tell but as of right now Harrison and Cooke are the only solid picks IMO.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(07-12-2019, 07:04 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Again it's my opinion and I stick to it.   So far it's very shaky draft.  Time will tell but as of right now Harrison and Cooke are the only solid picks IMO.

Is there some basis for concern?  Yeah.

Is it the right time to completely write off the draft class?  No.

Is it possible players other than Harrison and Cook can develop into productive pro players for the Jaguars?  Yes.

(This post was last modified: 07-13-2019, 09:35 PM by ATLjag.)

Taven Bryan ...he's not a strong side DE, as the team found out last season, but has the talent to be a solid contributing inside DT. I think he was over-drafted, but not a bust.

DJ Chark ...he has size and skills, and, hopefully, will put it together with Foles this season. Although his pass catching production was minimal last season, he was an excellent special teams contributor. Again, I don't see him as a bust, but one that has significant upside.

Ronnie Harrison ...absolute stud, and best Jag's pick of this draft. They let Church go for a reason. A 3rd round steal.

Will Richardson ...jury is out on him at this time, as he went down early with a knee injury. Thought of as a good 4th round value, with development potential with more strength.

Tanner Lee ...6th round wasted pick.

Leon Jacobs ...7th rounder that started at SLB in the early downs and contributed with 20 combined tackles. A good pick as most 7th rounders don't make rosters and/or watch the grass grow. He's a good athlete with good size.

Logan Cook ...Another 7th rounder that made the roster, and contributed significantly.

There have better Jag's drafts, but I would not call this one the worst.

This is the first rookie class in memory that wasn't forced to start from day 1 due to a glaring hole on the roster. They haven't even had their opportunities yet. Bryan should be starting, Chark is recovered and has a shot at snaps at the X, Harrison earned a role last year, Richardson might end up at RG as an heir to Cann, and the practice reports have been promising.

Talk about an overreaction, jury is still way out on this one.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

If 1 player makes it to a second contract it will be better than 2 or 3 drafts we’ve had.