Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ocasio-Cortez thinks DHS should be abolished

A congresswoman representing the state of New York thinks the Department of Homeland Security should be abolished.

Does she not realize that cabinet position was created in response to the 9/11 attacks in which the citizens of NY suffered the highest casualties?

Illegal immigrants are more important to her than the people in the state she is supposed to represent.

Just wow.

I don't see these remarks going over well with her constituents.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...698439001/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

She’s riding the wave of TDS right now, and further emboldened by the uncritical media. We’ll see how that holds up if she accepts a debate challenge from an opposing candidate in the next election.

People like her make Trump seem like a reasonable, responsible person, which is quite an achievement.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2019, 07:30 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Her constituents are as dumb as she is. She will be in government until she is older than Nancy.

(07-11-2019, 07:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: People like her make Trump seem like a reasonable, responsible person, which is quite an achievement.

It must kill you that he is doing a great job.

(07-11-2019, 07:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Her constituents are as dumb as she is. She will be in government until she is older than Nancy.

(07-11-2019, 07:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: People like her make Trump seem like a reasonable, responsible person, which is quite an achievement.

No, what kills me is that the opposition has moved so far to the left, he's going to get re-elected.

(07-11-2019, 07:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 07:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Her constituents are as dumb as she is. She will be in government until she is older than Nancy.

No, what kills me is that the opposition has moved so far to the left, he's going to get re-elected.

So you don't want someone who is doing a good job to remain president?

(07-11-2019, 07:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

It seems like every time AOC talks, Trump's approval rating goes up.

You already see Biden and Pelosi separating themselves from the far left. They know they need a more moderate platform to get enough votes to beat Trump.

I have a feeling the democratic party will eventually split leaving the far left to create their own party.

All 12,00 of them? Nah, she can easily be a one-termer.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(07-11-2019, 08:19 AM)B2hibry Wrote:

All 12,00 of them? Nah, she can easily be a one-termer.

She will always have a seat in Congress if she wants it. The only question is, how much growth will the "Radical 4" experience in the next few years? 

Paul Ryan must be a proud man...

(07-11-2019, 07:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 07:46 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: No, what kills me is that the opposition has moved so far to the left, he's going to get re-elected.

So you don't want someone who is doing a good job to remain president?

I agree with some of his policies, but as a President of the United States, he is an embarrassment.  I just don't know if I can stand 4 more years of his behavior.  He is such a child.  

But, that said, I will not vote for reparations for slavery, or forgiving student loan debt, or open borders, and I won't vote for a candidate who seems to think the greatest threat to the United States is capitalism, so there is still some small miniscule chance I may have to hold my nose and vote for him.  

I'm going to be looking for a 3rd party that, even if they cannot win, could grow into something more reasonable and responsible than the two parties we have right now.

Actually, I agree with her in the sense that DHS should be abolished, but not for her reasons. I don't believe it should ever have been created in the first place.

I’m waiting for the ‘abolish the military’ shoe to drop.

(07-11-2019, 09:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m waiting for the ‘abolish the military’ shoe to drop.

The worst and most scary thing about this is today's younger generation will agree.

(07-11-2019, 09:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 09:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m waiting for the ‘abolish the military’ shoe to drop.

The worst and most scary thing about this is today's younger generation will agree.

Which shows you know jack [BLEEP] about "today's younger generation", beyond what Faux News tells you. Our local high school graduation class of 2019 had a record number committed to military service.

AOC has a big following on Twitter, which does not translate into political power, yet she gets you clowns worked up every time she tweets.

And, like TJ said, the DHS should be abolished. What is it about Trumpettes that makes them hate big government except when it serves their purposes?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-11-2019, 08:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 07:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So you don't want someone who is doing a good job to remain president?

I agree with some of his policies, but as a President of the United States, he is an embarrassment.  I just don't know if I can stand 4 more years of his behavior.  He is such a child.  

But, that said, I will not vote for reparations for slavery, or forgiving student loan debt, or open borders, and I won't vote for a candidate who seems to think the greatest threat to the United States is capitalism, so there is still some small miniscule chance I may have to hold my nose and vote for him.  

I'm going to be looking for a 3rd party that, even if they cannot win, could grow into something more reasonable and responsible than the two parties we have right now.

+1, except for holding your nose and voting for Trump. It will be a 3rd party vote from me if Bernie Sanders gets the nomination.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-11-2019, 09:34 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(07-11-2019, 09:25 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The worst and most scary thing about this is today's younger generation will agree.

Which shows you know jack [BLEEP] about "today's younger generation", beyond what Faux News tells you. Our local high school graduation class of 2019 had a record number committed to military service.

AOC has a big following on Twitter, which does not translate into political power, yet she gets you clowns worked up every time she tweets.

And, like TJ said, the DHS should be abolished. What is it about Trumpettes that makes them hate big government except when it serves their purposes?

Good point. She’s not really all that influential given the cascade of moderate criticism from the left. 
Wait…

How quickly we forget.
Republicans in Congress tried to de-fund and abolish the DHS under Obama...
Google hits on articles especially in 2015, but there was noise about it all 8 years.
And Republicans weren't unanimous about creating DHS in the first place.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

AOC called Pelosi a racist. Cat fight!

I laughed when I read that, but then, I realized, someone is bound to take that up as part of their platform, because they're all so intent on getting to the left of each other.

(07-11-2019, 10:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: How quickly we forget.
Republicans in Congress tried to de-fund and abolish the DHS under Obama...
Google hits on articles especially in 2015, but there was noise about it all 8 years.
And Republicans weren't unanimous about creating DHS in the first place.

Stop. There were never legitimate calls to abolish the DHS. It was a defunding tactic to derail Obama's immigration executive action. It was never about defunding ALL of DHS or getting rid of it.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]