Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN ranks Jags as worst offense weapons for 2019

(07-12-2019, 09:49 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Jag fan is funny. We've been beaten so low it's like we're terrified to admit there's any talent anywhere on this team. I guess only time will change those perceptions.

Time changes nothing, winning changes everything.

This is my profound thought for the day.  I'm going to have a beer now.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 12:34 AM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Article stated it doesn’t consider QB, o line, and scheme. Our surrounding talent is most definitely bottom 5.

Did you know Cole is 2nd all time in receiving average?

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2019, 10:07 AM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

PFF is also echoing this sentiment. I'm trying to remain balanced in my assessment/expectations. Especially since training camp hasn't even started yet. But given our lack of output last year, I think the burden of proof lies with the Jags to prove the analysts wrong. Until then, i don't think it's ridiculous to say that we are (but hopefully soon to be "were") one of the lowest tier offenses. Time to work ourselves out of this mess.

I’ll just keep harping on the fact that this “on paper” analysis is a fools errand when you can’t actually quantity what you’re going to get from Chark, Oliver and others. Not to mention the unknown Foles factor and what effect it will have on guys like Westbrook, Lee and Cole.

(07-20-2019, 12:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I’ll just keep harping on the fact that this “on paper” analysis is a fools errand when you can’t actually quantity what you’re going to get from Chark, Oliver and others. Not to mention the unknown Foles factor and what effect it will have on guys like Westbrook, Lee and Cole.
I hope Chark becomes Foles' version of Alshon Jeffery this year. I could see a lot of 50/50 passes coming his way this year if he's put the work in during the off season towards gaining separation and strength.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This looks like as good of a place as any to post this.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Anthony/status/1...4168484869

(07-20-2019, 10:04 PM)Upper Wrote: This looks like as good of a place as any to post this.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Anthony/status/1...4168484869

If we are being honest, that standard doesn't just apply to Jax. This is the way of the NFL. In any case, we have shifty receivers that should be able to shine.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(07-12-2019, 08:05 PM)Upper Wrote: I don't know about dead last, but definitely bottom tier. Average RB, way below average WRs, and probably the worst TE corps.

I think your assessment is heavily influenced by the injuries that devastated the team last year.  The oline alone was so devastated that both the run game and passing game adversely affected.  Lenard was injured, lee was out, and the list goes on.  Blake regressed to his old windup and that slowed his release and affected his accuracy. Poor ball placement and his lack of downfield accuracy was terrible.  I rarely use injuries as an excuse but 2018 was the worst I think the team has ever dealt with.  This will be the first year with an accurate passing quarterback that can see the field and read defensives to [BLEEP] where the open receiver will be and place the ball where only the receiver can catch it.  So I believe this will be the year where we can get a true picture of just how good our receivers and tight end are.  So any projected placing of the offense taking into consideration last years performance is fare from accurate using that data. We will all have a much better chance to position the offense after this year.

(07-11-2019, 08:39 AM)Rockman1966 Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2715...-1-ranking

Dead last, which I disagree with.

This is just straight GARBAGE. I will tweet them relentlessly when Foles makes our WRs better and The Thunderclap Twins are bulldozing thier way through defenses like a hot knife in butter since D's will actually have to respect our QB and not load the box. 

ESPN - Haaa.