Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
live lion king movie

So far Disney has been mostly misses on the live action remakes...

As a child I grew up with a lot of the animated movies.
And in the remake age, they tweak a little too much with these new movies.

Jungle Book was solid

Beauty and the Beast was good (despite some questionable moves with Gaston's friend/partner/sidekick)

Maleficent was a decent retelling of Sleeping Beauty

Lion King was almost awful. Started out solid but they butchered Scar's Be Prepared, the gave certain female lionesses speaking parts that were unnecessary dialogue. Also, the lionesses kept calling themselves lions, which kinda irked some hidden OCD nerve of mine.
They replace the "he's a big pig" song with a snippet of "Be Our Guest"... which... I guess was to avoid body shaming?

Wasn't super excited about the Aladdin remake and less so after reviews.
And from what I've read they are hard at work ruining The Little Mermaid.
But Maleficent 2 looks pretty good actually, kind of like a Disney version of LotR or something.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-07-2019, 02:45 PM)Kane Wrote: So far Disney has been mostly misses on the live action remakes...

As a child I grew up with a lot of the animated movies.
And in the remake age, they tweak a little too much with these new movies.

Jungle Book was solid

Beauty and the Beast was good (despite some questionable moves with Gaston's friend/partner/sidekick)

Maleficent was a decent retelling of Sleeping Beauty

Lion King was almost awful. Started out solid but they butchered Scar's Be Prepared, the gave certain female lionesses speaking parts that were unnecessary dialogue. Also, the lionesses kept calling themselves lions, which kinda irked some hidden OCD nerve of mine.
They replace the "he's a big pig" song with a snippet of "Be Our Guest"... which... I guess was to avoid body shaming?

Wasn't super excited about the Aladdin remake and less so after reviews.
And from what I've read they are hard at work ruining The Little Mermaid.
But Maleficent 2 looks pretty good actually, kind of like a Disney version of LotR or something.

I think you'd like live-action Aladdin if you gave it a chance.  The new Jasmine song is a snoozer that doesn't fit at all, but, the storyline they added for her is good.  Having Jafar be subtle and handsome rather than a mustache twirling caricature also made him more interesting.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I thought the live lion king was great. i loved it. i really love a couple of the new songs. i thought the addentions,and some changes were neat. I'm wanting to go see it again,and again,and again,and again. the entire movie isn't cgi. there is one scene that was shot for real. that was the sun riseing in afrcia.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I heard the Mufasa and stampede scene was real too, not CGI. That's what my sources have told me.