Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
live lion king movie

is anyone here going to see the live lion king movie? I'm going with my dad on july 18th

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Not yet. Wife's pushing me to take her out to see Aladdin first. Did you see Aladdin yet?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Not my thing. I hate live action Disney movies. It's not getting very good reviews either. It's only at 60% on Rotten Tomatoes.

(07-12-2019, 02:49 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Not yet. Wife's pushing me to take her out to see Aladdin first. Did you see Aladdin yet?

Will Smith was great early on when he was cut loose to do his thing, but as the script reined him in, he lost that Genie vibe. Jasmine, meanwhile, was awful. Not through any fault of the actress. They just gave her a new "girl power" subplot that was eye-rollingly bad, and the new Jasmine song had nothing to do with anything and looked nothing like the rest of the film at all. The acting was more good than bad, the story changes were more bad than good. Worthwhile on Netflix, I wouldn't pay to see it again.

hard pass on live action Disney not starring Tim Conway or Don Knotts

no i haven't seen Aladian yet the live movie version of it. i will though . im a huge lion king fan so i will see it this week. already got tickets for this thursday night. going with my dad.

(07-12-2019, 04:58 PM)Mikey Wrote: hard pass on live action Disney not starring Tim Conway or Don Knotts

Those guys were icons.

(07-12-2019, 03:38 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not my thing. I hate live action Disney movies. It's not getting very good reviews either. It's only at 60% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Having a daughter I’ve seen “Beauty and the Beast” both live action and animated a bajillion times (maybe even more ). I like them both.

well tonights the night. I'm going to see lion king. I'm excited.

Enjoy!

I wonder if the new one ends any differently.

(07-19-2019, 08:45 AM)Mikey Wrote: I wonder if the new one ends any differently.

I heard it's a shot for shot remake, so no.

(07-12-2019, 04:58 PM)Mikey Wrote: hard pass on live action Disney not starring Tim Conway or Don Knotts
Amen, Hard No
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Are there live lions at the theatre?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'm gonna see it. The Jungle Book was the best live action movie they have done so far, and given that The Lion King is more advanced CGI with animals done with a similar technique, I have a high hopes.

However, what really made Lion King legendary for our generation was the songs. If they don't get that correct, it will never really work. That is what they totally broke with other song heavy re-makes like Beauty/Beast and Aladdin.

Aladdin was horrible. The casting was poor. The conversations were not scripted well. It was like everyone was just saying the line instead of actually conversing. Plus Guy Ritchie decided to use 40 cuts in every scene instead of showing a more natural conversational setting.

I saw the Lion King on Wednesday.. I really enjoyed it.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(07-19-2019, 09:49 AM)Rico Wrote: Are there live lions at the theatre?

Yes. It’s the new enhanced 3D experience. Instead of glasses, everyone is given a pork chop to wear around their neck.

So....did Mufasa make it out alive this time or still no?

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2019, 08:59 PM by JagFanatic24.)

I went to see the Lion King with me and my wife, and we literally walked out.

The cartoon is so much better. Too much computer CGI. It’s not shot for shot, but it kinda is.

Ha! Pinned ya again. All the normal stuff is in it, but there is a wrinkle here and there. It’s called he “Shadows” instead of the elephant grave yard.

(07-28-2019, 09:55 AM)Brett Wrote: So....did Mufasa make it out alive this time or still no?
Spoiler alert!

Couldn't care less for these remakes.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]