Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Says Ilhan Omar Should Go Back to Africa

[Image: c44a761543382c2c56694bb893db795a.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://images.app.goo.gl/MmceWh73vL82aUJz7

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 06:48 AM by mikesez.)

(07-22-2019, 08:04 PM)Last42min Wrote: Maybe non-white platform was a bad choice of words, but you have to admit that The Squad leans heavily on their identity to drive their policy. This puts identity at the center of their platform. I think it's best represented here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzj4EZ1n7Y

Their focus is the grievances felt by "marginalized" groups and their goal is to bring about change in how the straight, white community interacts with those groups. Anyways, I'm not going to speak on behalf of the person that posted that, but identity is at the root of The Squad's messaging. Maybe the original poster should correct it from non-white to identity to be more sensitive, but, either way, I think identity politics leads to more division.

I think Ayanna Pressley's speech in that video was wrong.  A member of Congress represents his or her entire district.  Her attitude would be more appropriate somewhere like Israel or Germany where one district can have multiple representatives.
But it's not just her. Most members of Congress today, and the President, behave as if they only have to serve the people who voted for them.  This is wrong.  They must also serve the people who didn't vote for them, or the whole thing doesn't work.
I still don't think this amounts to a "non white platform." I haven't heard anyone on the "squad" wants to take anything away from straight white males in particular. They may emphasize their color and heritage on the campaign trail, but I don't see it in the policies they propose.

(07-22-2019, 03:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-22-2019, 02:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: This thread went off the rails long ago, and I'm trying to figure out when and where.
I came across the little piece of bolded text above and was shocked.  No one has responded to it yet.
It flat doesn't make sense to me.
The only possible explanations I can fathom paint B2hibry as an ignoramus and bigot.  I must be missing something.

Let's stop with the "bigot" and "racist" [BLEEP] tag when someone offers up an opinion or point of view different than your own or lamestream media. Did you have a coherent thought you wanted to share on the bold? Use your brain, not trash mouth!

Maybe just time for the Admins to shut it down at this point.

I didn't call you anything. 
I invited you to explain why your comment was not ignorant or bigoted.  I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. If that's not "coherent" to you, I'm sorry.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I'm not saying it is. Although, there is a difference between non-white and anti-white. It's definitely not the latter, but I could see how one could claim the former.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 10:04 AM by B2hibry.)

(07-22-2019, 08:04 PM)Last42min Wrote: Maybe non-white platform was a bad choice of words, but you have to admit that The Squad leans heavily on their identity to drive their policy. This puts identity at the center of their platform. I think it's best represented here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKzj4EZ1n7Y

Their focus is the grievances felt by "marginalized" groups and their goal is to bring about change in how the straight, white community interacts with those groups. Anyways, I'm not going to speak on behalf of the person that posted that, but identity is at the root of The Squad's messaging. Maybe the original poster should correct it from non-white to identity to be more sensitive, but, either way, I think identity politics leads to more division.

Yes. At least someone decided to research. Perhaps "non-white" is a little misleading but it fits better than anti-white or pro-brown. Basically, the squads' focus is heavy on identity politics and has been since day one. It certainly comes off non-inclusive and wholely divisive. Certainly hypocritical.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(07-23-2019, 06:44 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-22-2019, 03:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Let's stop with the "bigot" and "racist" [BLEEP] tag when someone offers up an opinion or point of view different than your own or lamestream media. Did you have a coherent thought you wanted to share on the bold? Use your brain, not trash mouth!

I invited you to explain why your comment was not ignorant or bigoted.  I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. If that's not "coherent" to you, I'm sorry.
Don't pretend you were naive to what you typed. I'm not interested in going down that ignorant path with anonymous individuals on a message board. It adds nothing. I'm an old school, face-to-face handshake kind of guy if you'd like to form an opinion of my character. Anyways, my comment didn't require further explanation. It was meant as thought-provoking and required YOU to research and either verify what I had written or be rebutted with your own opinion or point of view. You know, that thing they call dialectics. Too many on here feel like they have to respond to get their post count up by throwing shade from the sidelines instead of adding some detail to continue the conversation.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(07-23-2019, 10:18 AM)B2hibry Wrote:

Don't pretend you were naive to what you typed. I'm not interested in going down that ignorant path with anonymous individuals on a message board. It adds nothing. I'm an old school, face-to-face handshake kind of guy if you'd like to form an opinion of my character. Anyways, my comment didn't require further explanation. It was meant as thought-provoking and required YOU to research and either verify what I had written or be rebutted with your own opinion or point of view. You know, that thing they call dialectics. Too many on here feel like they have to respond to get their post count up by throwing shade from the sidelines instead of adding some detail to continue the conversation.

Hey! I resemble that remark!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think Ayanna Pressley's speech in that video was wrong.  A member of Congress represents his or her entire district.  Her attitude would be more appropriate somewhere like Israel or Germany where one district can have multiple representatives.
But it's not just her. Most members of Congress today, and the President, behave as if they only have to serve the people who voted for them.  This is wrong.  They must also serve the people who didn't vote for them, or the whole thing doesn't work.
I still don't think this amounts to a "non white platform." I haven't heard anyone on the "squad" wants to take anything away from straight white males in particular. They may emphasize their color and heritage on the campaign trail, but I don't see it in the policies they propose.

(07-22-2019, 03:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Let's stop with the "bigot" and "racist" [BLEEP] tag when someone offers up an opinion or point of view different than your own or lamestream media. Did you have a coherent thought you wanted to share on the bold? Use your brain, not trash mouth!

"Do you still beat your wife?"

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-23-2019, 04:42 PM)jj82284 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/squad-m...eportation

Priceless!

So the President is just imitating the behavior of one of the youngest and most provocative members of Congress? 
That's supposed to make me feel better?
No.  The President is supposed to be decent.  Not provocative.  Decent

(07-23-2019, 04:42 PM)jj82284 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/squad-m...eportation

Priceless!

Only if you're as childish as the current POTUS.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(07-23-2019, 07:13 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Priceless!

So the President is just imitating the behavior of one of the youngest and most provocative members of Congress? 

"They're just bitter, clinging to their guns & their religion"

"You can't put lipstick on this pig" 

"If they bring a knife we bring a gun" 

Picture with faraquan hidden from public until after he leaves office!  Lol.  

Blm @ the white house "pigs in a blanket, fry am like bacon" 

Decent like that?  Give me a break.

(07-23-2019, 07:37 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 07:13 PM)mikesez Wrote: So the President is just imitating the behavior of one of the youngest and most provocative members of Congress? 

"They're just bitter, clinging to their guns & their religion"

1) Barry wasn't always perfectly decent, but he was way more decent than the current dude.

2) I struck one of yours out because it's ludicrous to blame a President for everything that gets said in front of the white house.  It's a free country.  People can say what they want to, where they want to.

Obama was a terrible president and not a good man

(07-23-2019, 09:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 07:37 PM)jj82284 Wrote: "They're just bitter, clinging to their guns & their religion"

1) Barry wasn't always perfectly decent, but he was way more decent than the current dude.

2) I struck one of yours out because it's ludicrous to blame a President for everything that gets said in front of the white house.  It's a free country.  People can say what they want to, where they want to.

Lol what?  I'm sorry, when I said blm @ the white house I was referring to the fact that Barry hosted them @ the white house not that they were simply outside.  And they were born out of an anti-police narrative he promoted from his first day in office.  

Moreover he was allowed to appear more civil because progressives have achieved cultural supremacy.  The mainstream media and entertainment media attacked and branded his political opponents so he could be seen as "above the fray" and all that business.  Behind the scenes he was bugging journalists, telling off female governors, "white folks greed runs a world in need" etc.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 07:46 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(07-24-2019, 07:37 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 09:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: 1) Barry wasn't always perfectly decent, but he was way more decent than the current dude.

Lol what?  I'm sorry, when I said blm @ the white house I was referring to the fact that Barry hosted them @ the white house not that they were simply outside.  And they were born out of an anti-police narrative he promoted from his first day in office.  

Moreover he was allowed to appear more civil because progressives have achieved cultural supremacy.  The mainstream media and entertainment media attacked and branded his political opponents so he could be seen as "above the fray" and all that business.  Behind the scenes he was bugging journalists, telling off female governors, "white folks greed runs a world in need" etc.

Exactly, and even with the constant MSM assist, he still managed to be one of the top 5 worst presidents in our history.