Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Court: Immigrants who vote illegally can be deported

Deport them alll I say..........

Court: Immigrants who vote illegally can be deported

Non-citizens who register to vote are breaking federal laws and can be deported, an appeals court affirmed in a new ruling Monday, issuing its decision just as President Trump raised the profile of the issue, asking for a study of illegal voting.

Margarita Del Pilar Fitzpatrick had registered to vote in Illinois, and had even cast ballots in two federal elections, despite being a citizen of Peru, not the U.S.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/...1_Umd9zyno
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

While this makes sense...The voting piece needs to be addressed before an unqualified individual attempt to vote.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Fine with me.

Not news.
It's always been this way.
It is very uncommon for non citizens to successfully get a ballot in the box.
Few try, and most are caught when they try to register so they never make it to the ballot box.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-16-2019, 09:14 PM)mikesez Wrote: Not news.
Few try, and most are caught when they try to register so they never make it to the ballot box.

And you know this how? I guess the Left have fabricated some study that showed this.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(07-17-2019, 08:48 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 09:14 PM)mikesez Wrote: Not news.

And you know this how? I guess the Left have fabricated some study that showed this.

I know because Kris Kobach (Trump supporting Republican) led a probe into this, spent a lot of money, and didn't find anything showing that a significant number of illegal immigrants register to vote, or vote.

(07-17-2019, 11:29 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 08:48 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

I know because Kris Kobach (Trump supporting Republican) led a probe into this, spent a lot of money, and didn't find anything showing that a significant number of illegal immigrants register to vote, or vote.

You know that commission was disbanded before any results could be compiled right? It was disbanded because states refused to cooperate. Statistics on the subject are only as good as the data provided. Since we have no reliable voter registration/system, then aside from blatant acknowledgment it is nearly impossible to prove. If one considers states have already passed laws that allow non-citizens to vote, it would be highly reasonable to believe they are also being allowed to vote federally. Even so, there is a lot more smoke supporting fraudulent voting than there is saying otherwise.

(07-17-2019, 01:07 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 11:29 AM)mikesez Wrote: I know because Kris Kobach (Trump supporting Republican) led a probe into this, spent a lot of money, and didn't find anything showing that a significant number of illegal immigrants register to vote, or vote.

You know that commission was disbanded before any results could be compiled right? It was disbanded because states refused to cooperate. Statistics on the subject are only as good as the data provided. Since we have no reliable voter registration/system, then aside from blatant acknowledgment it is nearly impossible to prove. If one considers states have already passed laws that allow non-citizens to vote, it would be highly reasonable to believe they are also being allowed to vote federally. Even so, there is a lot more smoke supporting fraudulent voting than there is saying otherwise.

Not all states refused to cooperate.
Some states, mostly run by Republicans, mostly friendly to Trump, cooperated fully.  
If they had shown that, "significant numbers of noncitizens are trying to vote here, but we stop them," then it would be reasonable to assume that significant numbers of noncitizens try to vote in all states, but not all states stop them. Texas tried to say this, but the numbers they showed were small.  So we can infer that the numbers in other states are also small.

(07-17-2019, 02:14 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 01:07 PM)B2hibry Wrote: You know that commission was disbanded before any results could be compiled right? It was disbanded because states refused to cooperate. Statistics on the subject are only as good as the data provided. Since we have no reliable voter registration/system, then aside from blatant acknowledgment it is nearly impossible to prove. If one considers states have already passed laws that allow non-citizens to vote, it would be highly reasonable to believe they are also being allowed to vote federally. Even so, there is a lot more smoke supporting fraudulent voting than there is saying otherwise.

Not all states refused to cooperate.
Some states, mostly run by Republicans, mostly friendly to Trump, cooperated fully.  
If they had shown that, "significant numbers of noncitizens are trying to vote here, but we stop them," then it would be reasonable to assume that significant numbers of noncitizens try to vote in all states, but not all states stop them. Texas tried to say this, but the numbers they showed were small.  So we can infer that the numbers in other states are also small.
As I stated, data is only as good as what is provided and the commission could not complete investigation. How about those large population Dem states? It's okay, it doesn't require a response as it doesn't change anything about what I stated nor the original topic.

Bring on voter IDs.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2019, 02:57 PM by mikesez.)

(07-17-2019, 02:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 02:14 PM)mikesez Wrote: Not all states refused to cooperate.
As I stated, data is only as good as what is provided and the commission could not complete investigation. How about those large population Dem states? It's okay, it doesn't require a response as it doesn't change anything about what I stated nor the original topic.

Bring on voter IDs.

I am all for voter ID. We're near the 20th anniversary of photo ID being required to vote in Florida.

(07-17-2019, 02:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 02:14 PM)mikesez Wrote: Not all states refused to cooperate.

Bring on voter IDs.

Forget only voter ID. How about bring your social security card that is cross checked with your photo ID.

(07-17-2019, 04:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 02:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote: As I stated, data is only as good as what is provided and the commission could not complete investigation. How about those large population Dem states? It's okay, it doesn't require a response as it doesn't change anything about what I stated nor the original topic.

Bring on voter IDs.

Forget only voter ID. How about bring your social security card that is cross checked with your photo ID.

A passport or whatever documentation you need to get a passport should be checked every time you vote.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2019, 12:31 PM by Predator.)

(07-17-2019, 02:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 02:44 PM)B2hibry Wrote: As I stated, data is only as good as what is provided and the commission could not complete investigation. How about those large population Dem states? It's okay, it doesn't require a response as it doesn't change anything about what I stated nor the original topic.

Bring on voter IDs.

I am all for voter ID.  We're near the 20th anniversary of photo ID being required to vote in Florida.

Unfortunately there are states trying to fight the requirement to have a photo ID because that's "raciest".

Democratic states obviously. Just another scam to get votes.

The whole political world is sickening,

(07-18-2019, 12:16 PM)Predator Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 02:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: I am all for voter ID.  We're near the 20th anniversary of photo ID being required to vote in Florida.

Unfortunately there are states trying to fight the requirement to have a photo ID because that's "raciest".

Democratic states obviously. Just another scam to get votes.

The whole political world is sickening,

It can be racist, if, for instance, the state only puts Elections offices or DMV offices in majority white areas.
20 years ago, DoJ went over every county in FL looking at that question.  The governor and legislature set up a fund so each county could do what the feds asked.  Bus routes were added, and new office locations were opened.  They made a low cost photo ID that had all the features of a driver's license except for the driving privileges.
Other states have tried to do photo ID while doing nothing to make the photo ID easier to get.

And you can't tell me they don't have them (ID's) in Low Income areas

24 things that require a photo ID

Voter-ID laws continue to get a lot of attention, and proponents of the law are being drowned out by opponents claiming the laws discriminate against certain voters.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/24-th...a-photo-id
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!