Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles W/L record vs winning teams

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 01:43 PM by Caldrac.)

(07-23-2019, 11:39 AM)Kane Wrote: That's cool and all... but W/L records are team things.

The team around said player matters as much (or more, considering its 21 other positions)

Can he do what he did in limited time with Philly, with OUR roster? Or will he perform more like he did in KC/STL with those rosters?

It'll be interesting. It all starts up front in truth. Philadelphia has a pretty athletic offensive line that can move fast and get off the LOS in a hurry. Hopefully our big sloppy's can adapt to Flip's style of offense.

The TE group is the key this year though in my opinion. It'll be the make or break of the offense in 2019. I honestly think Foles is going to get the most out of O'Shaughnessy this year in the receiving game. And hopefully Josh Oliver can turn it up quickly as a rookie.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-23-2019, 11:39 AM)Kane Wrote: That's cool and all... but W/L records are team things.

The team around said player matters as much (or more, considering its 21 other positions)

Can he do what he did in limited time with Philly, with OUR roster? Or will he perform more like he did in KC/STL with those rosters?

W/L records are a team stat, but they still matter for quarterbacks to a degree  --  and you can readily find 30 articles from the past two years stating something to the effect of "Nick Foles has the clutch gene."  It's well documented how cool he is under pressure, which I think feeds well into the point of this thread. 

Regarding which Foles we'll see: 
It's not a black and white issue where we'll either see 2015 Foles or 2018 Foles. 
He'll do as well as he can in the system he's in, and with the weapons provided him. 
The Jags made efforts the bolster the offense around him and we'll just have to wait to see if they did enough.
I'm optimistic.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/115...09665?s=20

The thing you should be worried a out with him is the same problem Wentz has. Foles has trouble staying healthy

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2019, 12:40 PM by RicoTx.)

(07-24-2019, 09:34 AM)bignick Wrote: The thing you should be worried a out with him is the same problem Wentz has. Foles has trouble staying healthy

I beg to differ.  I never understood this criticism.  Not exactly an extensive injury history, especially recently.

I think the thing that we need to worry about is...who is the real Nick Foles?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-22-2019, 12:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-22-2019, 12:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: "Wentz might never be the same QB again" after an ACL tear is a huge reach, especially because we just saw him last year after it. It's not a big issue anymore

Better by virtue of being healthy sure. Foles has only been good for a handful of games over the last two years , thankfully they came in the important ones in 2017

You saw him last year up until his back injury (thought it was another knee injury, probably got my wires crossed while thinking of Carson Palmer). That's now two years in a row where he's ended the season on IR. You're only as good as your durability and body allows you to be. I don't think it's that much of a reach. It could change the way he approaches the game mentally as a competitor. 

That may be on the back of his mind now on a weekly basis. Especially when you know the back-up who carried your offense to a SB victory and into the post season again is no longer there to help the team out when/if you go down due to yet another injury. I wonder if it'll change the way Dough Pederson now approaches opponents with Wentz and his gameplan's as well though.

He was very very good last year too. No need to change approach other than sliding when on the move and avoid hits.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!