Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Rule Changes

So pass interference will be reviewable for this season. It can be challenged both offensive and defensive but they say to stop excessive stoppages it will be reviewed where there is a clear and obvious foul. But that will be decided by TV replays.

I get that call for the Saints last year was awful, to lose a SB shot like that is unacceptable but this could open up a lot of problems. PA is so tough to call and players are so good at initiating and pushing off. Is that clear and obvious? Is it going to be another rule that benefits the usual teams and just somehow never works for us? 

I wonder as well how this will fit into the new College O NFL we seem to be moving towards. It may be the way the game is going but D isn't going away. Its been the difference in recent years for SB teams and I wonder if this rule will help or hurt the spread O's.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As long as we get Hopkins for pushing off all game then i'm happy. If they still cater the rules to the players that routinely break them and get away with it, then yea, this is stupid.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(07-21-2019, 01:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So pass interference will be reviewable for this season. It can be challenged both offensive and defensive but they say to stop excessive stoppages it will be reviewed where there is a clear and obvious foul. But that will be decided by TV replays.

I get that call for the Saints last year was awful, to lose a SB shot like that is unacceptable but this could open up a lot of problems. PA is so tough to call and players are so good at initiating and pushing off. Is that clear and obvious? Is it going to be another rule that benefits the usual teams and just somehow never works for us? 

I wonder as well how this will fit into the new College O NFL we seem to be moving towards. It may be the way the game is going but D isn't going away. Its been the difference in recent years for SB teams and I wonder if this rule will help or hurt the spread O's.

I bet that if PI were reviewable two years ago, they wouldn't have reversed either PI against us in the AFCCG.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2019, 02:36 PM by Caldrac.)

(07-23-2019, 02:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 01:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: So pass interference will be reviewable for this season. It can be challenged both offensive and defensive but they say to stop excessive stoppages it will be reviewed where there is a clear and obvious foul. But that will be decided by TV replays.

I bet that if PI were reviewable two years ago, they wouldn't have reversed either PI against us in the AFCCG.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11899494]

I forgot all about that BS PI call on Bouye Vs. Cooks before halftime. I like how Bortles and Lewis connected on an awesome 3rd and long to keep the drive going before halftime as well but the refs conveniently waited to see the outcome of the play before saying there was a false start on offense. Which should be a spot or pre snap foul anyway....
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-23-2019, 02:35 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 02:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I bet that if PI were reviewable two years ago, they wouldn't have reversed either PI against us in the AFCCG.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11899494]

I forgot all about that BS PI call on Bouye Vs. Cooks before halftime. I like how Bortles and Lewis connected on an awesome 3rd and long to keep the drive going before halftime as well but the refs conveniently waited to see the outcome of the play before saying there was a false start on offense. Which should be a spot or pre snap foul anyway....

It was a delay of game penalty.  

As to the play that delay penalty negated, we win the game but for that penalty.  At mini um, we run out the first half, that bogus PI on Bouye never happens and the Patriots don't score.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-23-2019, 02:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Well 

1. Myles Jack wasn't down.
2. Hell no would they have called that in the 4th in Foxboro.

I just fear it's going to open a lot of problems. The Robey-Coleman call was awful, but he committed like 4 fouls, the ref swallowing his whistle was the problem. 

But what happens say. Hopkins against Jalen. Now they review if there was PA against Jalen. But in review, before the DPA, Hopkins commits PA. Do you ignore that? Does that override Jalens PA? 

I just fear they've added even more grey areas when we had plenty already (what the hell is a catch, roughing the passer, fumbles etc)

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2019, 07:17 AM by RicoTx.)

(07-25-2019, 08:23 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 02:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I bet that if PI were reviewable two years ago, they wouldn't have reversed either PI against us in the AFCCG.

Well 

1. Myles Jack wasn't down.
2. Hell no would they have called that in the 4th in Foxboro.

I just fear it's going to open a lot of problems. The Robey-Coleman call was awful, but he committed like 4 fouls, the ref swallowing his whistle was the problem. 

But what happens say. Hopkins against Jalen. Now they review if there was PA against Jalen. But in review, before the DPA, Hopkins commits PA. Do you ignore that? Does that override Jalens PA? 

I just fear they've added even more grey areas when we had plenty already (what the hell is a catch, roughing the passer, fumbles etc)

I don't see the issue.  It's not like the coaches get any more challenges.  If they want to take a chance on a challenge of a non-call PI, so be it.  

Hell, to me, they [BLEEP] up calls even with review.  I think they should do away with (or never should have had) the whole thing.  If players make mistakes, why aren't refs permitted to.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]