Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cowgirls releasing Hurns

I wonder when he will be healthy?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-23-2019, 12:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder when he will be healthy?

Given how serious that injury was (at least as I recall) I am unsure if he'll ever be healthy enough to play again.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

2 years after here officially retires.

Dude has career earnings of $23 million. Not bad for an UFA

Is he hanging it up for good? Or testing the market again? I would like to have him back here.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-23-2019, 01:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Is he hanging it up for good? Or testing the market again? I would like to have him back here.

Per PFT Dallas wanted him to take a pay cut but he refused and will test the market.

(07-23-2019, 02:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 01:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Is he hanging it up for good? Or testing the market again? I would like to have him back here.

Per PFT Dallas wanted him to take a pay cut but he refused and will test the market.

I don't know why he thinks he has a ton of value. I don't see him getting another major contract. He's steadily declined since his 2015 campaign here due to injuries. 

He'll be lucky to get a quarter of the $12M deal he signed with the Cowgirls last off season. Should have probably taken that pay cut and just enjoyed playing second fiddle to Amari Cooper and with Cole Beasley's departure in the off season he stood an opportunity to see the football more. 

With all that said. I'd offer him a one year deal right now at $2.5M.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-23-2019, 02:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 02:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Per PFT Dallas wanted him to take a pay cut but he refused and will test the market.

I don't know why he thinks he has a ton of value. I don't see him getting another major contract. He's steadily declined since his 2015 campaign here due to injuries. 

He'll be lucky to get a quarter of the $12M deal he signed with the Cowgirls last off season. Should have probably taken that pay cut and just enjoyed playing second fiddle to Amari Cooper and with Cole Beasley's departure in the off season he stood an opportunity to see the football more. 

I like Hurns, but I would not offer him a deal.

To me, Ngakoue is the main priority, and the injury cements it further.

(07-23-2019, 02:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 02:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I don't know why he thinks he has a ton of value. I don't see him getting another major contract. He's steadily declined since his 2015 campaign here due to injuries. 

I like Hurns, but I would not offer him a deal.

To me, Ngakoue is the main priority, and the injury cements it further.

That's a fair point.

Bring him home

(07-23-2019, 01:14 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 12:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wonder when he will be healthy?

Given how serious that injury was (at least as I recall) I am unsure if he'll ever be healthy enough to play again.
He is actually fine now. You can't even cut someone while they are injured, they have to be cleared first.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Hurns is cleared, he participated fully in Minicamp and OTA's. He's fully recovered from the broken leg he suffered last season. Considering that most of his injuries have been of the "freak" variety rather than "nagging" kind as far as soft tissue etc. his injury history is legit of 0 concern to me. He's a [BLEEP] warrior who plays through injury (had 1k and 10 TD's playing through a sports hernia the entire year) crawled off the field in 2018 after breaking his ankle too. He's only 27 and would likely come cheap.

I agree that Ngakoue should be the priority this close to camp; but if theres extra $$$ after we sign him, give the rest to Hurns non-guaranteed. I think the Ravens are our only realistic competition to signing him as things stand rn.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(07-23-2019, 08:26 PM)Firesky Wrote: Hurns is cleared, he participated fully in Minicamp and OTA's. He's fully recovered from the broken leg he suffered last season. Considering that most of his injuries have been of the "freak" variety rather than "nagging" kind as far as soft tissue etc. his injury history is legit of 0 concern to me. He's a [BLEEP] warrior who plays through injury (had 1k and 10 TD's playing through a sports hernia the entire year) crawled off the field in 2018 after breaking his ankle too. He's only 27 and would likely come cheap.

I agree that Ngakoue should be the priority this close to camp; but if theres extra $$$ after we sign him, give the rest to Hurns non-guaranteed. I think the Ravens are our only realistic competition to signing him as things stand rn.

You have zero injury concern about a slower receiver with multiple concussions?

I’d limit any offer to one year vet minimum just to see if he can beat out Pryor.

It's not the leg break that worries me, as NYC said. It's the past concussions. He's taken some doozies as far as head shots go, career-wise.

That said, I wish him luck working out for any other teams in the league, and I hope he signs on somewhere

Went back home, to Miami.