Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan and City Reach Deal on Lot J

(08-01-2019, 01:17 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 04:24 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: From my point of view this looks amazing, as a Brit our sports owners would never do anything along this lines. 

What are the thoughts of the guys in Jacksonville? I ask because I mentioned it to my grandfather who lived in Jacksonville for 20 years in regards to the dockland area and he wasn’t overly impressed.

Never fear, Shad Khan is taking care of you too.

London’s Craven Cottage To See £100 Million Renovation

https://celebrityaccess.com/2019/05/24/l...enovation/

[Image: fulham-988x416.jpg]

It doesn’t count when it’s in London! :Smilebut that ground was in severe need, the one stand looks atrocious.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2019, 09:14 PM by NH3.)

You have to understand the magnitude of developing our downtown area(s). Shad Khan is on an mission to increase the value of the Jaguars, etc. It started w/the upgrades to our stadium then overflowed to the amphitheatre. The downfall of the Landing was also an vital statistic of this process. Now we'll drop down the highway/overpass so that it'll introduce added visitation in addition to the build up of Lot J introducing entertainment, businesses, hotels, etc. Furthermore, the ship yards will also be developed under Mr. Khan's watch. I can only imagine the final product ten years from now.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Bay street is going to be bumper to bumper once they tear down that part of the Hart expressway system.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(08-01-2019, 09:40 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-01-2019, 04:24 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: From my point of view this looks amazing, as a Brit our sports owners would never do anything along this lines.

What are the thoughts of the guys in Jacksonville? I ask because I mentioned it to my grandfather who lived in Jacksonville for 20 years in regards to the dockland area and he wasn’t overly impressed.

Revitalizing downtown is long past due, and building up the area surrounding the stadium seems a no brainer.

I expect a lot of grousing from some, especially from the Fla-Ga game people who will have less room to tailgate.  The new arena is a curious decision, considering we just built an arena not too long ago-two if you count Daily's place.

Getting Lot J approved and completed is important on many levels, now that the Landing is offically gone.

(08-01-2019, 07:07 AM)hb1148 Wrote: It seems as if the pictures and renderings of renovations to downtown Jax have almost always been more impressive than the finished product. Lot J is one thing but the renovation of the docks has been discussed since I got here in the early 80s and probably before that. My general thought best described as "cautious optimism".

"Cautious optimism" is a good way to put it.

This should be a good start to revitalizing downtown.

Seriously?! When did this happen? Man, I remember that thing being built. My dad would take us up the St. John's River in the boat and we'd watch the progress from weekend to weekend. I remember being there watching many fireworks displays from the barges in the river.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2019, 01:21 PM by Jagwired.)

Good news for downtown development. Losing their moral grip on an entire city.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

It now stands a chance with the Baptist Church moving out of the real estate business.
I've lived in Jacksonville and the area since 1978
This was the main thing holding back J'villes development and tax base.
Im not an anti religious person....but a church has no business owning 10 city blocks.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-11-2019, 06:21 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: It now stands a chance with the Baptist Church moving out of the real estate business.
Im not an anti religious person....but a church has no business owning 10 city blocks.

I never understood why they needed that much real estate. 12k is a lot of church members. Never knew there was that many.

Hallelujah!
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-11-2019, 06:21 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: It now stands a chance with the Baptist Church moving out of the real estate business.

The Baptist Church is an spin off of my Church, Bethal Baptist. They, the Baptist Church now only has about 4,000 ateendies per my knowledge to which isn't enough to sustain their grip on the downtown areas. They've had to sell like 4-6 blocks in the downtown areas to maintain.

Now I'm seriously not gloating, I'm just acknowledging the release of their Strong Hold in the Downtown areas to which is good for our Jaguars.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

It's good for the city full stop. But what's good for the city, is good for the Jaguars.