Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Preparing for week 1

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 12:17 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(08-28-2019, 05:49 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 05:16 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Dont want to be that guy, but isnt hardman a rookie.  Also, who are williams and Thompson?  I'm not too familiar with the roster outside of QB hill watkins and kelce.  Who are the other people? At least first names so i can at least see highlghts.

The big thing people seem to be focusing on is the speed of the WR's. Hill runs a 4.1, then the next two are 4.2 and 4.3

Any backfield will struggle covering that speed longer than 5 seconds and with Mahomes arm and ability to scramble, they think they can hurt you wherever they want. 

William's replaced Hunt last season, did a nice job in the playoffs.
The main  thing is getting off the field on 3rd down. Cant let them keep plays alive but the Chiefs look like the benchmark for this season.

This Mecole Hardman the rookie WR against the Bengals in pre season. https://youtu.be/QBedO_jI0is

Cant out the clip up for some reason. He looks fast.

I wanted him in the draft so i'm aware of his speed and abilities.  I just feel like our front Dlinemen should apply quick pressure, and have the speed to stop the gas from getting pressed in the backfield.  I'm more concerned with the LBs matching up with Kelce on mismatches and the Safeties playing solid on the backend.  Our Offense should control the ball more than last year and put up more points than we did in the previous meeting.  If these things happen, then i doubt they score 30, and i also doubt we only put up 2 scores.  I'm not as frightened, i guess, as most seem to be.  If we play solid D and expose their horrible Defense to control the game, Mahomes airing it out should produce more 50/50 balls and turnovers.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is Quincy Williams getting reps in the game tonight?
No pain, no gain.

(08-29-2019, 01:24 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Is Quincy Williams getting reps in the game tonight?

Didn't sound like it...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

https://twitter.com/footballzebras/statu...66759?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Any concerns with the hurricane impacting the game? Been a crazy track viewed from afar. Stay safe everyone and many prayers sent your way.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I bet dorian will shy away from Jacksonville.....it's scared of Calais!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019, 10:37 AM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/genefrenette/status/...89537?s=21

https://twitter.com/demetrius82/status/1...94881?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

https://twitter.com/hayscarlyon/status/1...45536?s=21

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/116...37856?s=21

Cut by KC. I see you Tom Coughlin...

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2019, 03:19 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Tough opener.. hopefully they come out rusty and we bring the noise and can rattle them early. It's like the old days of Manning where we have to win T.O.P. and keep Mahommes on the sideline as long as we can. If the defense doesn't stay fresh we have no chance. I just hope we can keep it close and don't suffer season ending injuries. Chiefs are in a Super Bowl or bust mode.
No pain, no gain.

(08-14-2019, 10:12 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Plant Mahommes 5 times and the Jags will win.

Unfortunately, in today's crappy NFL that will likely mean at least 3 roughing the passer calls.

(09-03-2019, 03:18 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Tough opener.. hopefully they come out rusty and we bring the noise and can rattle them early. It's like the old days of Manning where we have to win T.O.P. and keep Mahommes on the sideline as long as we can. If the defense doesn't stay fresh we have no chance. I just hope we can keep it close and don't suffer season ending injuries. Chiefs are in a Super Bowl or bust mode.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but don't count on the Chefs coming out rusty...  Andy Reid teams seem to always start the season fast - dude knows how to get things ready to roll right out of the gates.  Our D must disrupt!

(08-15-2019, 08:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 10:12 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Plant Mahommes 5 times and the Jags will win.

Taping a copy of Ngakoue’s current contract to Mahommes’ jersey should get that done.

Taping his next contract to Mahomes would be better....

(09-03-2019, 03:16 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 08:14 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Taping a copy of Ngakoue’s current contract to Mahommes’ jersey should get that done.

Taping his next contract to Mahomes would be better....

We don’t want to get the man killed.

The more I think about it, the more I think we’re heading into a buzzsaw on Sunday. Oh well.

(09-03-2019, 01:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Unfortunately, in today's crappy NFL that will likely mean at least 3 roughing the passer calls.

I shake my head in dismay.

Not because you are wrong...because you are right.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2019, 03:48 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I feel like we have too many ?'s at LB and Safety to stop Kelce. This is probably the last team I would want to see Week 1. Unless this new offense can just stay on the field all game the defense will be wore out by halftime.
No pain, no gain.

(09-05-2019, 01:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-03-2019, 01:31 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Unfortunately, in today's crappy NFL that will likely mean at least 3 roughing the passer calls.

I shake my head in dismay.

Especially for a QB who is in a protected status by the refs. I have no doubt that the officials try their hardest to be neutral in their calls, but it seems certain QBs receive a little extra guardianship. I believe Mahomes is crossing into that territory.

(09-05-2019, 06:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 01:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I shake my head in dismay.

Especially for a QB who is in a protected status by the refs. I have no doubt that the officials try their hardest to be neutral in their calls, but it seems certain QBs receive a little extra guardianship. I believe Mahomes is crossing into that territory.
We may have to be prepared to take a few of those penalties in order to hit him. In last year's game we sacked Mahomes only one time. We will have to get him on the ground more times even at the expense of a couple of flags. I'm not saying play dirty... I'm not saying try to hurt him. But we will have to let him know that we're going to be in his face all day.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-05-2019, 08:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 06:36 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Especially for a QB who is in a protected status by the refs. I have no doubt that the officials try their hardest to be neutral in their calls, but it seems certain QBs receive a little extra guardianship. I believe Mahomes is crossing into that territory.
We may have to be prepared to take a few of those penalties in order to hit him. In last year's game we sacked Mahomes only one time. We will have to get him on the ground more times even at the expense of a couple of flags. I'm not saying play dirty... I'm not saying try to hurt him. But we will have to let him know that we're going to be in his face all day.
Please don't hurt him. He is my keeper at QB.... I needs that man!

On another note, Mahomes dropped 250 and 4 TDs on the Chargers in LA opening weekend last year. That Chargers defense was/is the real deal. Andy Reid always seems to come out firing early in the season. The Jags are going to need to have perfect communication on defense in order to stop this team. I mean they ran a wheel route to their FB for a TD opening weekend last year!

For the offense, heavy dose of Fournette and have Dede abuse their slot corner with quick reads all day. Then take the top off with Conley for some big plays down field on play action.