Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey at WR

(08-15-2019, 10:18 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 10:18 AM)rocdee Wrote: None of it makes sense. Not Ramsey playing receiver and not slow Calais playing TE. Just stop, guys.

Hmm...

No one was being serious about Calais at TE. Simmer down.

I just heard a big whooooosh....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes. Every game could open up things underneath for Swaim

(08-15-2019, 09:39 AM)jagshype Wrote: Only to give the offense a bit of a jump start when struggling
Basically a trick play package to give the offense some energy and swagger.
Something creative that doesnt expose him too much

Finally. 

Some of the greats played offense. Deion, Charles Woodson.

(08-15-2019, 01:13 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 09:39 AM)jagshype Wrote: Only to give the offense a bit of a jump start when struggling
Basically a trick play package to give the offense some energy and swagger.
Something creative that doesnt expose him too much

Finally. 

Some of the greats played offense. Deion, Charles Woodson.

This is the wrong board to post this question on.  It could work if used sparingly through a full season but this is a "what if" type crowd that leans more negatively than positively.  Injury, contract, etc.  is only the beginning of the resume of complaints.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

"Gimmick" stuff will only get you so far (if you are lucky).  This kind of scenario only works in video games, not in real life.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2019, 04:16 PM by Caldrac.)

No thanks. Just a good way to get your best player on defense hurt or gassed for the next time he's on the field at CB.

On kick-off or punt return duties with the game on the line during a play-off run or a possible play-off clinching game on the line with maybe 2:00 left to play with only a FG needed to tie or a TD needed to win it? Go for it!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-15-2019, 09:23 AM)Kane Wrote: More quality posts from the Fanatic

(08-15-2019, 10:23 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 10:18 AM)Kane Wrote: Hmm...

No one was being serious about Calais at TE. Simmer down.

Our TE situation will be fine, no need to entertain Calais being a better option at TE than Ramsey at WR. We will be fine. No need to overreact.

They could have a play or two with him on the field, not necessarily as the primary target but even as a decoy.. a sort of trick play. It could really throw the defense off as we/they know he is capable of something spectacular. We could not risk him getting hurt and I think opponents might go crazy at the idea of hitting him.

(08-19-2019, 08:02 PM)Emplehdog Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 10:23 AM)rocdee Wrote: Our TE situation will be fine, no need to entertain Calais being a better option at TE than Ramsey at WR. We will be fine. No need to overreact.

They could have a play or two with him on the field, not necessarily as the primary target but even as a decoy.. a sort of trick play. It could really throw the defense off as we/they know he is capable of something spectacular. We could not risk him getting hurt and I think opponents might go crazy at the idea of hitting him.
(emphasis added)

Which is exactly why you don't do it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-19-2019, 08:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 08:02 PM)Emplehdog Wrote: They could have a play or two with him on the field, not necessarily as the primary target but even as a decoy.. a sort of trick play. It could really throw the defense off as we/they know he is capable of something spectacular. We could not risk him getting hurt and I think opponents might go crazy at the idea of hitting him.
(emphasis added)

You can't hit him if he doesn't have the ball, it's against the rules..

(08-19-2019, 08:41 PM)Emplehdog Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 08:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: (emphasis added)

You can't hit him if he doesn't have the ball, it's against the rules..

1.  five yard chuck rule

2.  You can hit him if you are engaged in a block with him.

3.  People in piles (on either team) could roll on his leg.

(08-19-2019, 09:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 08:41 PM)Emplehdog Wrote: You can't hit him if he doesn't have the ball, it's against the rules..

1.  five yard chuck rule

4. Headhunting on a turnover.

(08-19-2019, 09:19 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 09:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  five yard chuck rule

4. Headhunting on a turnover.

This too.

Heck...even when not in a turnover there's a risk of that.

If having Ramsey out the game means the difference between your team moving the ball and not, wouldn't an opposing coach consider sacrificing a 15 yard personal foul and maybe even an ejection of a lesser player if it meant getting Ramsey out of the game or worse?

(08-14-2019, 10:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Would you like to see him play a snap here and there? 

If we came out 3 wide and put him in the slot, then I like his chances against the opponent’s 3rd best DB.

I would keep it simple, made an end around, or run a fake off the end around and use him as a decoy?

I heard Ramsey yell across the field on Jags Wired “Hey Flip...I can play receiver too”

We tossed this topic around at the Pro Bowl but help is not on the way.
Yeah it'd be cool to see and I bet he'd be good at it but I'm with Eric1 maybe for the first time in history, on this one - we can't afford to lose him to a db going low or some other freak accident.