Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey at WR

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2019, 02:39 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Would you like to see him play a snap here and there? 

If we came out 3 wide and put him in the slot, then I like his chances against the opponent’s 3rd best DB.

I would keep it simple, made an end around, or run a fake off the end around and use him as a decoy?

I heard Ramsey yell across the field on Jags Wired “Hey Flip...I can play receiver too”

We tossed this topic around at the Pro Bowl but help is not on the way.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hell no!..

The last thing this team needs is to risk some idiot DB going low and taking out Ramsey's knee on some useless end a round or w.e. etc etc.

(08-14-2019, 10:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Would you like to see him play a snap here and there? 

If we came out 3 wide and put him in the slot, then I like his chances against the opponent’s 3rd best DB.

I would keep it simple, made an end around, or run a fake off the end around and use him as a decoy?

I head Ramsey yell across the field on Jags Wired “Hey Flip...I can play receiver too”

No no no!  A thousand times no!

You risk losing our best player by making play both ways in a position to which he is I'll suited.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We saw him do it in the probowl, that was enough.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(08-14-2019, 10:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Would you like to see him play a snap here and there? 

I head Ramsey yell across the field on Jags Wired “Hey Flip...I can play receiver too”

I like this, but I get where everybody else is coming from.  Maybe you save the extra potent run attack (put Ramsey in motion before the snap and have him in the backfield, to take a handoff or pitch or short throw where he can run down the field and then run out of bounds) for the playoffs.   Because it is dangerous, but it is potentially potent.

https://seminoles.com/sports/football/ro...en-ramsey/
Ranked as one of the top athletes in the nation at either wide receiver or corner…
in 2012 he hauled in 31 passes for 676 yards and nine TDs…also rushed five times for 85 yards

(08-14-2019, 11:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: We saw him do it in the probowl, that was enough.

And a thread with the same subject started by the same poster appeared right after that. It went so well last time that we need to do it twice, apparently.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=29905

(08-15-2019, 12:51 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 11:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: We saw him do it in the probowl, that was enough.

And a thread with the same subject started by the same poster appeared right after that. It went so well last time that we need to do it twice, apparently.

I couldn’t find it. Sorry it bothered you bro.

(08-15-2019, 02:41 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 12:51 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: And a thread with the same subject started by the same poster appeared right after that. It went so well last time that we need to do it twice, apparently.

I couldn’t find it. Sorry it bothered you bro.

No worries, it didn't really. More curious if you thought it would go differently this time.

No.

Really?

Why don't we put Calais at TE?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Great idea risk injury to your best player and then when his contract comes up next year he will want additional money over and above best cornerback pay for wide receiver work.

More quality posts from the Fanatic

Only to give the offense a bit of a jump start when struggling
Basically a trick play package to give the offense some energy and swagger.
Something creative that doesnt expose him too much

(08-14-2019, 10:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

No no no!  A thousand times no!

You risk losing our best player by making play both ways in a position to which he is I'll suited.

You certainly don't want Ramsey going Iron Man and playing both consistently, but if it was like a couple of times throughout the season that wouldn't be so bad.  It would just be another trick up our sleeve perhaps when we realize another offense has us figured out and we just need that one big play to get back in it.
'02

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2019, 10:01 AM by RicoTx.)

(08-15-2019, 09:50 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 10:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: No no no!  A thousand times no!

You certainly don't want Ramsey going Iron Man and playing both consistently, but if it was like a couple of times throughout the season that wouldn't be so bad.  It would just be another trick up our sleeve perhaps when we realize another offense has us figured out and we just need that one big play to get back in it.

One big play?  What indication do we have that he can even play WR?  A play in a glorified scrimmage where tackling and defense are a complete joke?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

But, but Deion Sanders did it!

(08-15-2019, 07:04 AM)Rico Wrote: Really?

Well our TE group is weaker than our WR group.

I'd say this makes more sense than Ramsey at WR

(08-15-2019, 10:13 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 07:04 AM)Rico Wrote: Really?

Well our TE group is weaker than our WR group.

None of it makes sense. Not Ramsey playing receiver and not slow Calais playing TE. Just stop, guys.

(08-15-2019, 10:18 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 10:13 AM)Kane Wrote: Well our TE group is weaker than our WR group.

None of it makes sense. Not Ramsey playing receiver and not slow Calais playing TE. Just stop, guys.

Hmm...

No one was being serious about Calais at TE. Simmer down.

(08-15-2019, 10:18 AM)Kane Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 10:18 AM)rocdee Wrote: None of it makes sense. Not Ramsey playing receiver and not slow Calais playing TE. Just stop, guys.

Hmm...

No one was being serious about Calais at TE. Simmer down.

Our TE situation will be fine, no need to entertain Calais being a better option at TE than Ramsey at WR. We will be fine. No need to overreact.