Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Senate Dems Issue Ominous Warning to SCOTUS: ‘Heal’ or Be ‘Restructured’

Seems they do not like the Conservative Majority.......

Several Democrats in the Senate delivered an ominous warning to the Supreme Court in a case brief regarding a gun law in New York City.

https://ijr.com/senate-democrats-supreme...icR164ZmG0
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Regardless of the topic, I think we can all agree that SCOTUS has too much power.
I don't know how to fix that, or if it should be fixed.
I do note that we have 50 states, and all 50 have their own supreme Court.
The US supreme Court members have always been appointed by the President with the consent of the Senate.
Originally, most state supreme courts were appointed the same way.
Today, one is. One. 49 states have abandoned the federal model. Most follow a "current judges nominate a group of possible new judges, governor picks one from the group, then after X years, the voters can say yes or no on that judge staying in office" model.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-15-2019, 03:51 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Seems they do not like the Conservative Majority.......

Several Democrats in the Senate delivered an ominous warning to the Supreme Court in a case brief regarding a gun law in New York City.

https://ijr.com/senate-democrats-supreme...icR164ZmG0

TRANSLATION:

The Supreme Court issues rulings based on The Constitution rather than our viewpoint.  We must stack the court with more "enlightened" (liberal) justices so that we can get our way.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The fact they threatened the Supreme Court of the land is pretty shakey and unprecedented grounds. In any case, the Dems always forecast their next move and this is nothing new. Hell, they can look in the mirror if they aren't happy with the nomination rules and processes. Even ol' Ruth thinks this new set of Dem leadership is barking up the wrong tree.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/07/27/...uch-778815
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-15-2019, 04:32 PM)B2hibry Wrote: The fact they threatened the Supreme Court of the land is pretty shakey and unprecedented grounds. In any case, the Dems always forecast their next move and this is nothing new. Hell, they can look in the mirror if they aren't happy with the nomination rules and processes. Even ol' Ruth thinks this new set of Dem leadership is barking up the wrong tree.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/07/27/...uch-778815

"digging in her brittle heels"
?!
Stay classy, dude.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!