Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rooting for a Recession

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2019, 10:47 PM by B2hibry.)

(08-20-2019, 08:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 07:34 PM)B2hibry Wrote: HAHA! Definitely overestimating where you rank on my give-a-[BLEEP] meter. That's quite the group of useless words you got there. So you're all for that glorious recession? You loons would sell your soul as long as it means Trump gets mud on his face.

Adam did not say he was hoping a recession starts, B2.
If you don't give a bleep, don't reply.
If you reply, at least reference things that were actually said.

I’m sure he appreciates you holding his hand. Any idea what the topic of this thread is wonder boy? You can run along now.

(08-20-2019, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Donald is trying to buy Greenland in order to try and prove there is no recession. This guy is so transparent. He covers up bad news by trying to create bigger news.
Try again. The U.S. has been trying to buy Greenland for decades. It’s a strategic local and mineral rich.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-20-2019, 02:15 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 01:15 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: So many phony patriots. I guess I just forgot all the support the right-wingers gave Obama - because they cared so much for America.

Do you not realize how fake you sound? Today's Republicans are for today's Republicans, not America.

And you think Donald cares about America? Hahahahaha. Give me some examples of all the good deeds Donald did for the United States prior to becoming a politician. Donald cares about Donald - and thinks you're an idiot if you don't look out for No. 1.
Right on cue. Look at me; look at me. The mad leftwing apologist. How about you concentrate on the deeds accomplished while Trump has been POTUS, even with a 200 mph headwind. Do you realize how insanely butt hurt you sound...still? Same ol' misguided [BLEEP] since 1865 and reinforced in 1964.

SO I guess you are all for a recession? Can't dare have people be self-sufficient and have them government checks go away.

Adam is what happens when you fail so badly at life, your last resort is pray the government becomes your nanny.

Then, zero responsibility.  Zero conscience.  Everyone else to blame.

This is the very essence of adam.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(08-20-2019, 10:43 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 08:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: Adam did not say he was hoping a recession starts, B2.

I’m sure he appreciates you holding his hand. Any idea what the topic of this thread is wonder boy? You can run along now.

(08-20-2019, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Donald is trying to buy Greenland in order to try and prove there is no recession. This guy is so transparent. He covers up bad news by trying to create bigger news.
Try again. The U.S. has been trying to buy Greenland for decades. It’s a strategic local and mineral rich.

We have not attempted to buy it since 1946 when Denmark turned down an offer from Harry Truman to purchase it for $100 million in gold. If they wouldn't sell it then, why would they sell it now? Trump is just trying to distract people from the down turn in the economy.

(08-21-2019, 12:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 10:43 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I’m sure he appreciates you holding his hand. Any idea what the topic of this thread is wonder boy? You can run along now.

We have not attempted to buy it since 1946 when Denmark turned down an offer from Harry Truman to purchase it for $100 million in gold. If they wouldn't sell it then, why would they sell it now? Trump is just trying to distract people from the down turn in the economy.

Care to explain that one?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-20-2019, 08:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 07:12 PM)Jags Wrote: A very close relative of mine always tells me that being a liberal is a mental disease.   he’s also a major in the Army.   Whether you accept that as credence to his position on the left or not I don’t give two [BLEEP].  But im all in on that belief.
Hahahaha

“I don’t care what you think”

And yet you post it on a message board? Classic.

The left has gone so far, there’s really nothing else to say really.  Not worth arguing about it and getting all pissy.  JMO

(08-20-2019, 03:30 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 02:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Hey, the head cheerleader made an appearance!

I noticed you and the right-wing conspiracists dropped the whole J. Epstein thing real quick. Don't worry - Byron will come up with something else to promote. I see Donald the Loon is lying about Google and votes and some gibberish. You can go with that.

Head cheerleader of what? Common sense. Oh, we can't have that. We know you're co-head apologist.

Your Herring is very red.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019, 07:07 AM by mikesez.)

(08-20-2019, 10:43 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 08:29 PM)mikesez Wrote: Adam did not say he was hoping a recession starts, B2.

The topic is that someone is accusing Democrats of "rooting for a recession"
Adam posted that some of the previous posters were being hypocrites for worrying about this. He asked if the same could be said about Republicans when Obama was in office - were they hoping that the recession would end quickly, or were they sitting back and hoping that it lasted longer, so that their economic dogmas would be validated?
Then you replied, but you didn't answer his question. You said you don't care about him, and that Adam must be rooting for a recession, even though he never said he was.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-21-2019, 04:56 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 12:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: We have not attempted to buy it since 1946 when Denmark turned down an offer from Harry Truman to purchase it for $100 million in gold. If they wouldn't sell it then, why would they sell it now? Trump is just trying to distract people from the down turn in the economy.

Care to explain that one?

Things are horrible, worse than they've ever been, because OrangeManBad. Never mind how well you are doing, your neighbors are doing, the Country is doing; who you gonna believe the Left/NeverTrumpers Coalition or your lying eyes?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-21-2019, 06:54 AM)Jags Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 08:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahaha

“I don’t care what you think”

And yet you post it on a message board? Classic.

The left has gone so far, there’s really nothing else to say really.  Not worth arguing about it and getting all pissy.  JMO
Thanks for posting your opinion and not allowing others to challenge it. That’s very left of you.

(08-21-2019, 12:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 10:43 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I’m sure he appreciates you holding his hand. Any idea what the topic of this thread is wonder boy? You can run along now.

That was an official offer, yes. What I said stands and if you do some research you'll come across the numerous times we've made offers, attempted to lease, buyout debt, etc. We've had some pretty liberal Treaties with them over the years. Greenland is not a new thing to the U.S. The military has been using it for quite some time. It is strategic for cargo movement, missile warning, and keeping an eye on the Artic and North Atlantic. High chance that if you were military, you've landed here for fuel or weather hold before heading to Shannon, Ireland and then final destination in Europe. It's weird that some folks are trying to slam the current POTUS for any talk about Greenland like it is some new scheme.

(08-21-2019, 12:08 AM)pirkster Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 02:15 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Right on cue. Look at me; look at me. The mad leftwing apologist. How about you concentrate on the deeds accomplished while Trump has been POTUS, even with a 200 mph headwind. Do you realize how insanely butt hurt you sound...still? Same ol' misguided [BLEEP] since 1865 and reinforced in 1964.

SO I guess you are all for a recession? Can't dare have people be self-sufficient and have them government checks go away.

Adam is what happens when you fail so badly at life, your last resort is pray the government becomes your nanny.

Wow - it's Dr Phil Jr! Guess I hit a nerve. You are one insecure guy. It must suck to have to defend Donald. I'd be cranky too.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(08-21-2019, 07:06 AM)mikesez Wrote:

The topic is that someone is accusing Democrats of "rooting for a recession"
Adam posted that some of the previous posters were being hypocrites for worrying about this. He asked if the same could be said about Republicans when Obama was in office - were they hoping that the recession would end quickly, or were they sitting back and hoping that it lasted longer, so that their economic dogmas would be validated?
Then you replied, but you didn't answer his question. You said you don't care about him, and that Adam must be rooting for a recession, even though he never said he was.

Pull your head out. Where did he say he wasn't or even speak to the topic? So, all I have is an assumption based on what he did or did not say. Kind of like how he assumes all Republicans relished the [BLEEP] market/economy in 2008-2009. What valid question pertaining to the recession did he have? My God! It was just the typical diarrhea of "rubber/glue" nonsense. In the end, work on reading comprehension, not some strange interpretation that strokes your leftist ideals.

How much are you getting paid to be his handler? Gooooo capitalism! Now that your duties have been fulfilled, perhaps throw-up your take on the thread topic.

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019, 10:13 AM by mikesez.)

(08-21-2019, 08:48 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 07:06 AM)mikesez Wrote: The topic is that someone is accusing Democrats of "rooting for a recession"

Pull your head out. Where did he say he wasn't or even speak to the topic? So, all I have is an assumption based on what he did or did not say. Kind of like how he assumes all Republicans relished the [BLEEP] market/economy in 2008-2009. What valid question pertaining to the recession did he have? My God! It was just the typical diarrhea of "rubber/glue" nonsense. In the end, work on reading comprehension, not some strange interpretation that strokes your leftist ideals.

How much are you getting paid to be his handler? Gooooo capitalism! Now that your duties have been fulfilled, perhaps throw-up your take on the thread topic.

Before Adam jumped in, the thread was about whether people who work in politics might be rooting for a recession.
Then Adam came in, and accused posters here, without specifying which posters, of being hypocrites for being worried about this.
Certainly, if you think it's unamerican to root for a a recession now, you would be hypocritical if you weren't also rooting for Obama to pull us out of the recession when he got in office.  But Adam didn't specifically accuse anyone.
No one needed to reply.
That you felt a need to reply to Adam seems to speak volumes.  The obvious hypocrisy Adam is describing may apply to you, for you to be so sensitive about it.  Further, in replying, you didn't confirm or deny the accusation. You just decided to insult him.  
A simple denial would have been fine.  All you had to say was, "I wanted the economy to grow while Obama was President just like I want  it to grow now.  I didn't think Obama's policies would work, but I would have loved to be proven wrong." That's all you had to say.  But you said so much more, and so much less.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-21-2019, 09:48 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 08:48 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Pull your head out. Where did he say he wasn't or even speak to the topic? So, all I have is an assumption based on what he did or did not say. Kind of like how he assumes all Republicans relished the [BLEEP] market/economy in 2008-2009. What valid question pertaining to the recession did he have? My God! It was just the typical diarrhea of "rubber/glue" nonsense. In the end, work on reading comprehension, not some strange interpretation that strokes your leftist ideals.

Before Adam jumped in, the thread was about whether people who work in politics might be rooting for a recession.
Then Adam came in, and accused posters here, without specifying which posters, of being hypocrites for being worried about this.
Certainly, if you think it's unamerican to root for a a recession now, you would be hypocritical if you weren't also rooting for Obama to pull us out of the recession when he got in office.  But Adam didn't specifically accuse anyone.
No one needed to reply.
That you felt a need to reply to Adam seems to speak volumes.  The obvious hypocrisy Adam is describing may apply to you, for you to be so sensitive about it.  Further, in replying, you didn't confirm or deny the accusation. You just decided to insult him.  
A simple denial would have been fine.  All you had to say was, "I wanted the economy to grow while Obama was President just like I want  it to grow now.  I didn't think Obama's policies would work, but I would have loved to be proven wrong." That's all you had to say.  But you said so much more, and so much less.

What recession - lol.  Most people on this board still don't believe Obama inherited a recession and are still bitter about the approved bailouts (which were ultimately paid back by the banks and auto companies).

(08-21-2019, 10:45 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 09:48 AM)mikesez Wrote: Before Adam jumped in, the thread was about whether people who work in politics might be rooting for a recession.
No one needed to reply.

What recession - lol.  Most people on this board still don't believe Obama inherited a recession and are still bitter about the approved bailouts (which were ultimately paid back by the banks and auto companies).

The recovery could've been much stronger sooner without Obama's boneheaded policy moves. Garbage plans like "Cash for Clunkers" and the ACA [BLEEP] the economy for nearly 8 years before it got back on track. I wanted America to recovery quickly and was concerned that the Left's policy aims would just make it worse. I think Obama is and was a decent person, but he's bought in to economic and social theories with which I disagree. I don't really think Trump is a decent person, but I agree with several of his economic and social policies. One pro for Trump is that people I can't stand are losing their [BLEEP] over his very existence and the schadenfreude is delicious.

Edit: the word after ACA is one that the filter shouldn't edit, it's a common, non-profanity that means "slow."

(08-21-2019, 07:51 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 06:54 AM)Jags Wrote: The left has gone so far, there’s really nothing else to say really.  Not worth arguing about it and getting all pissy.  JMO
Thanks for posting your opinion and not allowing others to challenge it. That’s very left of you.

It’s a good thing I paraphrased his words.  Otherwise your panties would be in even more of a bunch.  I probably would’ve been banned too.  

Btw, you can challenge it all you want.   But I doubt you can.  The evidence is mounting.  

The left seem to be now going for the ‘stupid’ vote.  Kudos to them I suppose.   There’s a lot of morons that believe their crap.

(08-21-2019, 12:08 AM)pirkster Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 02:15 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Right on cue. Look at me; look at me. The mad leftwing apologist. How about you concentrate on the deeds accomplished while Trump has been POTUS, even with a 200 mph headwind. Do you realize how insanely butt hurt you sound...still? Same ol' misguided [BLEEP] since 1865 and reinforced in 1964.

The Essence of Adam. Sounds like a Wal-Mart cologne on clearance.  I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I'm always kinda rooting for a recession  Confused

(08-22-2019, 01:59 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I'm always kinda rooting for a recession  Confused

Because you are a greedy capitalist looking to soulessly graze on the misfortunes of the proletariat. Or something like that.

(08-21-2019, 06:07 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 07:51 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Thanks for posting your opinion and not allowing others to challenge it. That’s very left of you.

It’s a good thing I paraphrased his words.  Otherwise your panties would be in even more of a bunch.  I probably would’ve been banned too.  

Btw, you can challenge it all you want.   But I doubt you can.  The evidence is mounting.  

The left seem to be now going for the ‘stupid’ vote.  Kudos to them I suppose.   There’s a lot of morons that believe their crap.

There's a ton of morons on the right and left and all the in-between. 

Stupidity is not exclusive to one side of the political sphere, in fact America is probably the best example in the world of this.